Thread: Color Coded Officer Lines.

Color Coded Officer Lines.

Perhaps a way to settle some of the confusion in game is to introduce color coded lines in the line draw tool. Say each of the two (soon to be 3 maybe) regiments lines are given a standardized color. Example 1st = White 2nd = Red 3rd = Aqua blue. When an officer from that regiment draws a line the men in that regiment will know it is orders for them because it is the color they know is assigned to their officer. This would make it easier to divvy up a team among the available regiments.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Matt(Fridge) View Post
    Perhaps a way to settle some of the confusion in game is to introduce color coded lines in the line draw tool. Say each of the two (soon to be 3 maybe) regiments lines are given a standardized color. Example 1st = White 2nd = Red 3rd = Aqua blue. When an officer from that regiment draws a line the men in that regiment will know it is orders for them because it is the color they know is assigned to their officer. This would make it easier to divvy up a team among the available regiments.
    With that I also hope the different regiments spawn separate from each other and not all mixed together in one pile of C#$p

I'd actually like to see the officer lines go if we can get some more hand signals and sword gestures. But definitely be limited in the near-future to prevent the spam. They have a tendency to get spammed and serve as a rallying icon more than anything and clutter the screen while serving marginal usefulness. Having to constantly reform because you're separated due to heavy losses is a sign of poor leadership when people end up spawning in the rear because you lost your flag and people spawning don't have an understanding of where to find you on the map needing a rally marker.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I'd actually like to see the officer lines go if we can get some more hand signals and sword gestures. But definitely be limited in the near-future to prevent the spam. They have a tendency to get spammed and serve as a rallying icon more than anything and clutter the screen while serving marginal usefulness. Having to constantly reform because you're separated due to heavy losses is a sign of poor leadership when people end up spawning in the rear because you lost your flag and people spawning don't have an understanding of where to find you on the map needing a rally marker.
    I thought about whether or not it would be better to have the lines altogether or not. I came to the conclusion that it is just simply the best way to organize a line. Yeah sword gestures and hand signals would be cool but the existing line draw tool should stay. It should just be tweaked to make it less spammable and more obvious as to who put it down.

Indeed, we are very much aware of that and we would like to make seperate spawn points, maybe add standardized colors for each officer/regiment. But before, we have to add some background game systems, which are needed for these detailed systems.

CSA Captain

Speaking of it, how will the spawns for artillery work? Reading through the forums recently I guess there will be some complains when public players will acts an gunners and are eventually blocking 1-2 roles at a cannon?
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth