Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What changed?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

What changed?

So, put this aside for like 3 weeks, and now, having a holiday, found I cannot play the game (no one around to play with, not even 6 or 10 guys on one server). Tried about 4 hours ago, tried now also, still no go. What is this, a strike?
    Last edited by EneCtin; 04-30-2019 at 11:35 AM.

Its like this now for probably 70% of the week. WoR desperately needs a gameplay overhaul.

It is severely lacking across numerous facets of gameplay especially in the public game; from lack of organisational tools for regiments to no in-game performance recognition for players, no quality control with Company leadership and shallow game objectives.

Regrettably, gameplay doesn’t seem to be a priority. Development is all about modelling and technical optimisation. In the 5 months since Steam release, there’s been one solitary gameplay change - the map endings (final push/last stand).

Quote Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
    Its like this now for probably 70% of the week. WoR desperately needs a gameplay overhaul.

It is severely lacking across numerous facets of gameplay especially in the public game; from lack of organisational tools for regiments to no in-game performance recognition for players, no quality control with Company leadership and shallow game objectives.

Regrettably, gameplay doesn’t seem to be a priority. Development is all about modelling and technical optimisation. In the 5 months since Steam release, there’s been one solitary gameplay change - the map endings (final push/last stand).
    That is an incorrect statement. The map of Bolivar Heights Redoubt was added in January to finish the Harper's Ferry map pack and Picket Patrol game mode was also added since steam release... Also if you critically examine the forums, you would find that the dev team is hard at work trying to get artillery into the game and finish the South Mountain map pack so we can test it... Just saying...

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Quaker View Post
    Development is all about modelling and technical optimisation. In the 5 months since Steam release, there’s been one solitary gameplay change - the map endings (final push/last stand).
    Well fuck me sideways, a small team chooses to work on software performance before anything else - colour me surprised. War of Rights ran like a brick on my system when it was first available, I'm now at a comfortable (and consistent) 50 FPS. The same improvements have also been made to the servers, they're pretty stable these days (mostly!). I have a lingering suspicion that if these technical improvements weren't made and instead CG chose to deliver the alternative, you would be here writing for the opposite.

Given that artillery is now on the way, that segmented reloading was recently introduced, and that large alterations are now being made to both static and flag spawning, I think it's safe to bet that the team now have some leeway to comfortably work on gameplay systems. Gameplay objectives have been acknowledged by one of the team members recently as something that will be attended to soon, something something multiple objectives.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Well fuck me sideways, ...
    Well that's definitely a unique approach. I always use "Well Fuck Me Running. …

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Well fuck me sideways, a small team chooses to work on software performance before anything else - colour me surprised. War of Rights ran like a brick on my system when it was first available, I'm now at a comfortable (and consistent) 50 FPS. The same improvements have also been made to the servers, they're pretty stable these days (mostly!). I have a lingering suspicion that if these technical improvements weren't made and instead CG chose to deliver the alternative, you would be here writing for the opposite.

Nothing more to add, just a quote from another honourable gentleman: "Zen, restraint, patience!" there is really nothing more to read these days than complaints like that or about "pubbies".

Quote Originally Posted by Soulfly View Post
    Nothing more to add, just a quote from another honourable gentleman: "Zen, restraint, patience!" there is really nothing more to read these days than complaints like that or about "pubbies".
    It's almost like the game is still in alpha or sumthin.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Grumpytoo View Post
    It's almost like the game is still in alpha or sumthin.
    It's not. It's in early access. Alpha was several, several months ago.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Sadly, I agree with Quaker that the focus on the foreseeable future seems to be focussed on shiny new toys, not gameplay. Infantry is the core of the game. If it is found lacking/limited/dull, adding paraphernalia will not help in the long run. 2c
    Last edited by EneCtin; 04-30-2019 at 04:03 PM.

have you tried attending Sunday or Monday events? Huge turnouts and if your not with a organized unit there is always a rollover server to pop into. I'm actually amazed with a team as small as CG that they can accomplish what they do. Great game!
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers