Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7891011 LastLast

Thread: What changed?

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Drax View Post
    The Current cryengine cannot do ai players. You would be asking the devs to wipe everything in this iteration and start over with newer cryengine... That would not be financially responsible...
    But can Cryengine be tweaked to do clones of a player character?

Ex. Controlling the center character of a 5 character line.

USA General of the Army

I didnt say I was a computer programmer, oh well, no AI. i looked at the server today, 61 players TOTAL on one server, went back to look 3 hours later, even less. saw 6 in a drill camp LOL. the more WOR penalize PLAYERS with 1 style of forced game play the less players on and 25 vs 25 is no fun at all. not to mention 1 must wait so long to be on the side ONE WANTS, and not Be forced to be on a side, due to that AUTO BALANCE. but heck when WOR makes it historically correct For Firearms used for both sides, I will switch to the UNION, just to get away from the 42 LOL Not to mention the Cannons Used, and that the union had more of em. I seriously doubt that weapon capture will ever come into play in WOR to even worry about it.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I noticed player counts drop quickly when they announced we'd get password support for servers soon, projected at a couple weeks time before the UI programmer left for another job. A lot of the drop in player activity seemed to be the organizations from what I'm seeing. I suspect a lot of people are winding down the clock on the no-password era rather than deal with the frustrations of trying to tame the general public like was done before.
    Or people are taking a break. A lot of people are still in college and finals have been going on throughout the month.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    Or people are taking a break. A lot of people are still in college and finals have been going on throughout the month.
    A lot of folks I know have been away due to finals and stuff. I do though think there is a contingent awaiting a major update to make their return.

I know this is controversial, but I think adding a "kill count" would make the gameplay more rewarding and addictive (thus keeping more players engaged).

I understand the reasons why this is unpopular with a lot of folks: War of Rights is designed to be a simulation game, not 1863 Counter-Strike. It is supposed to reward team work, strategy, and chain of command rather than rambo style killing. I totally agree and that's the game I want, too.

But you can implement a way of tracking kills without chipping away at that gameplay. A simple display of kills by player at the end of each game would satisfy the urge to know and keep people engaged because they can have a metric of how well they're doing. Without this metric, I think a number of people get bored. We already penalize players for exiting formation with increased suppression, so I don't think adding this would encourage too much rambo-ing. Besides, it's still Alpha -- if it hurts gameplay, the devs can always remove it.

Just an idea!

USA General of the Army

The idea that has been shown in the past by the devs, I would have a hell of a time locating the images, is kills by Regiment/Company over individual kills.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    The idea that has been shown in the past by the devs, I would have a hell of a time locating the images, is kills by Regiment/Company over individual kills.
    That'd be a good way of ranking officers - or more specifically, deaths/types of death.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post
    I know this is controversial, but I think adding a "kill count" would make the gameplay more rewarding and addictive (thus keeping more players engaged).

I understand the reasons why this is unpopular with a lot of folks: War of Rights is designed to be a simulation game, not 1863 Counter-Strike. It is supposed to reward team work, strategy, and chain of command rather than rambo style killing. I totally agree and that's the game I want, too.

But you can implement a way of tracking kills without chipping away at that gameplay. A simple display of kills by player at the end of each game would satisfy the urge to know and keep people engaged because they can have a metric of how well they're doing. Without this metric, I think a number of people get bored. We already penalize players for exiting formation with increased suppression, so I don't think adding this would encourage too much rambo-ing. Besides, it's still Alpha -- if it hurts gameplay, the devs can always remove it.

Just an idea!
    https://www.warofrightsforum.com/sho...-Report/page17

Discussed at link above and Devs don't want it in the game it seems.

Quote Originally Posted by Lionel Hutz View Post

Just an idea!
    While the game is designed around fighting as a team, we might add a casualties / performence report based on the regiment / companies. So you won't fight individuell stats for your soldier, but for your group

Hinkel, that's a fine idea. In the general forum I just posted about the idea of using ingame behavior or earned achievements as currency used to prioritize applicants for leadership slots on public servers, and to purchase recognition momentos for gifting to other players.

Maybe the k/d ratios earned in match play could wind up as battle streamers for the ingame flag or perhaps on forum sig profiles. Something like "100,000 lost while in formation" or "10,000 dispatched with cold steel" could really perk up a company sig picture.

Could be another way players can feel that their individual efforts matter.