Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast

Thread: What changed?

USA General of the Army

WOR has made me an UPDATE PLAYER, like so me other players, who feel this game has become more about placing an emphasis on penalties, and thus have started playing other games like Post scriptum. I see more players in that game than WOR. people want to move out from the main line to skirmish, harass, ambush the enemy, while the main line defends, or attack an objective. But as I feel imposed penalties is just to much to accept. people want to play a game, not an historical lesson, but then WOR deviates from as well, and does things the way they want. its we the players who want to play this game, as a game, not a history lesson. anyone who truly understands the civil war KNOWS the north fought the south with 1 arm behind its back, as it were. the south fought with heart. the north had better weapons, and more of em. the south had to emphasis capture of all enemy weapons. WOR moves the point of contention on a whim it seems, to benefit the North, or change the desertion cap areas, like burnside bridge, for the south, we went from being able to cross the bridge to only allowed to go half way, to going just up to the bridge till finally, DONT STEP ON THE ROAD AT ALL, or you will desert. The last stand makes me feel like a staked rabbit, a place I must get to before the timer runs out, with the enemy able to take full advantage of all the available cover to slaughter all the rabbits staked down. The woods had its point of contention moved closer to the road for the union to take full advantage of the stone wall on the road, forcing all southern troops to be mowed down, with no cover. and thus 1 well placed union troop could hold the point behind a large oak tree. Ive asked for medics to be placed upon the field, ammo wagons, Ok I get it, no individual kill counts, but people want to know as individuals how they are doing, with no way to know with statistics. you wont ask for people to vote inputs, on any issue. the way of dealing with RAMBOS was to punish all. I cant wear the officer class uniform as I will desert if I loose the required men to stay on the field of battle, with no hope of ever making it back to friendler lines, thus I dont wear it. Higher Moral tickets loss, are given out to any one killed while kneeling. WHY? already have a reload penalty, for loading while kneeling. Like I said Ive become like so many an UPDATE PLAYER, see whats changed, get sick of the penalty playing and quit till next update. Hmmmm the 5th Fl has 30 plus members, but hardly see anyone Play WOR, I see them playing other games now days, stating to me, what Ive been writing. cant keep old guys on the field as it is, to keep new players going. so telling me not to play WOR, im ahead of you on that. The maps are to small, 1 objective, with the enemy always knowing where your coming from. I cant wait to see when cannons get introduced, LOL, all will hover around em, no line formation whatsoever, no skirmishers, all wanting to be part of a gun crew. cant really skirmish because you will be penalized for doing so. team mates work well together, thus the 5th always Goes into the corn field on sunken lane and DAMN the PENALTIES and ambush. this in effect causes the south to loose to imaginary tickets 1 cannot see till game end, oh well, at least were trying to have fun.what used to be 12 plus men, to now 2 at best. look at all my suggestion past posts, they are not bad. as it is Im asked in post scriptum, whats WOR like as a GAME? my reply is if you like a game full of penalty playing then its the game to play, where 1 STYLE of game play is preferred, LINE BATTLE ONLY. no thought, no maneuvering, die and get back online, die and do it again. dont kneel, to do so causes someone to yell at you for it. I quit trying to get across the Railroad bridge, or the pontoon, whats the point? The yankees love that set up LOL, 2 points to cross, and a longer run for the south. I find it an accomplishment to just make it across, salute and be mowed down. why bother shooting. chances are, Im the only one who made it that far. looking at 20 plus barrels aiming at me, LOL. and the northern players complained about burnside bridge, to the point WOR moved all the parameters, for a union advantage, figures. Oh well post scriptum for me, heres food for thought, I believed in WOR so much, I crowdfunded 850.00 dollars for this game. not to many players did that !

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by calmmyst View Post
    WOR has made me an UPDATE PLAYER, like so me other players, who feel this game has become more about placing an emphasis on penalties, and thus have started playing other games like Post scriptum. I see more players in that game than WOR. people want to move out from the main line to skirmish, harass, ambush the enemy, while the main line defends, or attack an objective.
    You REALLY don't understand WoR do you sunshine. Those 'penalties', as you call them, are there for those EXACT reasons, for people like you who think WoR should be played as if it's World War II. Medics did NOT take to the field in the Civil War......

anyone who truly understands the civil war KNOWS the north fought the south with 1 arm behind its back, as it were. the south fought with heart. the north had better weapons, and more of em. the south had to emphasis capture of all enemy weapons.
    NONE of that is true. Penalties exist for kneeling because Civil War troops did NOT kneel to fight on the line.....I could go on but I fear that your're never going to get this, you're like a spoiled child who keeps yelling because the big bad Devs won't let you play WWII tactics in a Civil War game. It's not line battle only, that's rubbish & skirmishing is more than possible in this game, just not the kind YOU want to do.

I crowdfunded 850.00 dollars for this game. not to many players did that !
    More fool you for paying for something that you obviously know nothing about.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

USA General of the Army

First off SOX, Kiss my ASS, GUESS THEY HAD NO DOCTORS EITHER? nor HOSPITALS, and soldiers never EVER used cover when available, LIKE KNEELING BEHIND A PERFECTLY GOOD WALL. My team could care less about the penalties, probably why higer tickets loss, for we go left or right of the main line to hit the enemy, called s-k-i-r-m-i-s-h. using make believe carrier pigeon, telegraph, the main enemy line is. like they have only 1 direction to come from. before all these absurd penalties were imposed players did work well together, all the section leaders accessed, delegated and moved on the field. you have too asshole, 30 sec reload forces people to work together, but too have a main battle line to protect, or attack, the single only point of contention on the MAP. that flankers are needed, HOW ABOUT PLACING EARTH WORKS< AT LAST STAND, SO PEOPLE WONT FEEL LIKE A STAKED DOWN RABBIT SOX, guess they didnt do that either in your feeble mind.

USA General of the Army

Just look at the servers, I did 55 total players, no one wants to play WOR anymore. They are like me, UPDATE Players, because im not the only one SOX that hates that a new PENALTY has just been introduced into the game, to go with all the other ones implemented. before the PENALTIES, the Game did well, always seemed to have 4 plus servers FULL, thats 150 players per server, now 1 sevre cant be filled. WHY? Hhhmmmmm maybe penalties caused this effect? I see a lot of your boys playing Post scriptum. just left it sox, though 40vs40 still has over 300 playing. I get it, must have a main line, say 100, then two flanking teams of 25, to go out, get in deep confuse the enemy, is that the main line or just skirmishers? I wish I could get a refund, but thats not gonna happen, why must I run out of ammo with no way to replenish, thats happened to me. forced to just respawn, or suicide run, those are my options to more ammo. it seems to me WOR wants to impose more penalties, IMPOSING a line battle only game. whats the fun in standing in a line to do nothing more than shoot and die, and repeat? I feel like im playing in the movie EDGE OF TOMORROW.

before the PENALTIES, the Game did well, always seemed to have 4 plus servers FULL, thats 150 players per server, now 1 sevre cant be filled. WHY? Hhhmmmmm maybe penalties caused this effect?
    Hello,

Please keep it civil you two or I'm sure the admins will clean things up.

The above is not correct.

You're describing the EA launch (I don't think we've actually ever had 4 full servers, not even on day 1 but then again I was down with fever for most of December).

The EA launch (the all time high player count) had as many "penalties" as the game currently does.

Post Scriptum has sold nearly 4 times as many copies as WoR (which not only means that there are obviously 4 times as many people actually owning the game, being able to play - it also means that the level of funding and thus options of expanding the team in order to deliver bigger and quicker game updates is roughly 4 times of ours and big content updates is nr 1 in regards to getting old players to play).

Actual sales need to be added to the calculation if one wants to directly compare active playerbase numbers.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

trusty there were times when 3 servers were close enough to call full, why do i say that trying to get my 14 plus guys in the game, and couldnt due to player count. The first company I was in had 67 players that disbanded, now I have a company of 37, and I cant get them to play WOR, because they feel its become more about getting hit with a penalty move. I have 1 guy though very new, plays everyday, and is also becoming disillusioned about the game. no player participation from team mates. I try to tell WOR will get better, but then I see what can only be described as a penalty movement. and Thats to much to keep my guys playing. just left the server 55 die hards, LOL I see more reenactors play this now days, then I see a guy for 2 weeks and no more. sad

USA General of the Army

Trusty If I didnt believe in this game, i wouldnt have crowd funded as much as I did, and would have given more, but the DEVs dont seem to want to give and inch on the matter, any matter, Im not asking for everything, but something. I dont think thats to hard to ask for, do you? People on squads want to play on the same side with each other, not against each other. so most wait in the lobby till room opens up. Thats what I do. as it is even if you, AND YOUR NOT GOING TO, opened up and gave people kill counts, they are still stuck playing in a line battle only emphasised game. so whats the harm, lol.

Im trying to get my 37 back into the game beside my 1 die hard LOL, but soon I will loose him, I told him what I was told, dont play this as much. Take a break. WOR is making this hard for me, the frustration I get from my guys, is then brought here, I tell them to voice here in the forum, to be told WHATS THE POINT. pretty clear where WOR stands, not going to change anything, why voice and opinion to get ridiculed by someone. I tell em if your not heard, WOR wont think its broken and Wont try to fix something. Thats 35 of 37 who feel way to much on penalties, we march off as squad, but not with the main line, I dont want to be yelled at for taking cover behind rocks, or a stone wall. not all the caps are without such places. the 2 new guys dont know what it was like before the dredded changes to know better.
    Last edited by calmmyst; 06-15-2019 at 05:12 PM.

USA General of the Army

My apologies SOX, though it may seem Im talking as 1 person, Im talking for many. and thus for my outburst to your comments, U made against me, accept my apology.

USA General of the Army

WOR asked the people to Fund this adventure, and make this a game reality, that because of your stead fastness, and ideology, make we the people have no say, nor input on suggestions for game development. I was against making RAMBOS obsolete, fearing the outcome of such penalty. I stated he was brave, stupid, or just wanted to call it quits with a charge. and look what it got us as a whole, anyone who wears that uniform must adhere to game parameters. I can go along with a popular vote about game parameters, being added or removed, we have none of that. we the people are forced to adhere to changes that has made so many walk away from. I walked away from WOT, that GOLD round STUPID as it is was to much to accept, never looked back. WOS, just when I got good with a ship, It was dumbed down, never looked back. thats 2 GAMES I WILL NEVER RECOMMEND. please make us feel like we are part of this, you asked us to fund you, we did, Thats it? its your ideology now and we have no input? I thought we were all in this together?

bleedingeyes.gif

To be honest I don't think the individual penalties are enough to deter lone wolfing aside from the random explosions which I hate with all my heart since they have no origin. Specifically in the area of melee combat. There's just no precedence for that kind of stuff coming from real life and it's such an effective and disruptive tactic. I'm so totally tired of playing flag bearer and having to keep an eye out for single players creeping up on us and then having to plead for someone to cancel their reload and kill the lone dude who starts chasing me all over. I lone wolf quite often, especially when the leadership is a make-a-wish case, but not close to a majority of play and I never initiate melee unless I have to or if our team is already getting pounded.

I think I failed to communicate this clearly enough before but your existence out of line is relative to the effect you're having while doing it. Quite frequently on a map you can duke it out in a porous area of the map with other lone wolves and have a far greater effect on the team morale than what an individual does in a formation. You might not notice this if you're religiously sticking to a formation. In the fall I'll start dissecting the gameplay from spectate to show this and other issues. I've already got tons of footage.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 06-16-2019 at 12:38 AM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n