Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 91011

Thread: What changed?

USA General of the Army

I keep telling whats left of my formation of 5th FL, to come here to the forum to Voice out what they like and dislike about the WOR, but they keep saying to me whats the point, No One listens as it were, and have fallen out of favor for WOR, I see that WOR has what seems, only the few die hards remaining in play, from what I hear on chat seem to be reenactors that play as real civil war soldiers, which is good. I wont play on the union and will always wait on the roster page to play on the south, its my preference. I use too, but why now, the parameters of the game prevent the south now, from getting into those areas. it almost seems with every update the REIGNS GET PULLED BACK HARDER on players wanting to play WOR. and thus my 35 of 37 men are off playing something else, now its HELL LET LOOSE go figure. i see all the friends I made in WOR are doing the same. I dont want to be an UPDATE PLAYER. but feel WOR has made me do, and Im not alone on this, it seems however Im one of the few still willing to try and communicate with WOR.

Theres a perfectly good railroad , let the CSA ride a train into battle, might have a chance to cross the bridge then,after the 10 min in the game. LOL. If the south without reloading, which I believe all players spawning in, should already Have Loaded Weapons, without placing bayonets, charge across the and cross the RR in the first opening of the game, take cover behind that stone wall, might be able to hold that position for about 5 min. With the respawn rate use of the Flag point, cant keep enough refresh MEAT to hold it. once those cannons become available its game over. no southern troop will survive the crossing. Then WHAT? as it is, if the south hasnt held onto that point beyond 5 min, best to sit like the union does for that itty bitty burnside bridge, till the last 5 min of the game and charge across the RR, in 1 mass assault. but then there the point, the CSA plays with heart, and charges that Long Run Across, like ants, because they hope, which makes me laugh. the union players dont have to wait 30 plus min to have fun, like the southern troops must wait for the 30 min before the union troops start attacking burnside. WOR just keeps moving the desertion lines further back, up the hill, and away from the Road. to keep the south from ever trying to take the fight to the north. I dont play that map either anymore.Nor do I charge the pontoon or the RR after the first 5 min. Whats The Point?

When Is WOR going to release the scoped rifle I am to Get? so I can sit back and just shoot, so I can aim at officers and NCOs alike, laughing? and then what penalty do you plan to impose upon me for using the scoped rifle? like im ever going to get on a battery, with everyone standing in line wanting a turn. All the Penalties imposed, now and future are keeping people away from WOR. LET formations once again handle the Battle field, We did Pretty good coordinations, and there were NO LONE WOLFS, except for a few RAMBOS as they are called, like i stated, BRAVE, STUPID, Or JUST WANTED TO CALL IT A GALLANT TIME TO QUIT! they made me laugh. WE didnt need a Forced Timer to get somewhere.

To be honest fam, speak for yourself. I feel like a lot of people took the boom period for granted and are now shocked by the return to normal that we've seen. Growth has been steady and positive for the past month or so after bottoming out. Lots of people are coming in, excited about the game and satisfied (mostly) with the mechanics. Do the devs priorities seem a little odd sometimes? Definitely! We might not always like what the devs do, think, or say, but from what I've seen over the past 6 months they haven't failed to address criticisms and open dialogues with the community about the things that disappoint us, even if we don't like their responses or reasoning.

I also disagree with your assertion that skirmishing does not work because of the penalties involved. There are multiple large and active companies in the game now making use of dedicated skirmishers quite effectively. New companies are springing up all over the place as well.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by calmmyst View Post
    … When Is WOR going to release the scoped rifle I am to Get? so I can sit back and just shoot, so I can aim at officers and NCOs alike, laughing? and then what penalty do you plan to impose upon me for using the scoped rifle? like im ever going to get on a battery, …
    The donation rewards are not going to be released until the game is finalized and available as a salable item. Those will be the last Items produced.

Again, We're still in Alpha. There's been no mention of breaking into Beta because the team isn't anywhere near a Beta release.

I get it! Some folks just have no concept of Patience. Nor do they understand that this development team is way small and that any and every idea requires time to be programed in and it doesn't happen at the drop of a wish.

USA General of the Army

Hill I was joking about asking when I was going to get the scoped rifle. I know full well i wont get it until the game has been released. I was being sarcastic. even about who i would aim at, and what penalty i would face. I will also point out in My Own Opinion, I dont see the same amount of Players on as I use to, I use to find it hard to get in on the server, let alone get my team mates on the same one. I also see hardly anyone playing harper ferry maps, its seems all are on a antietam map. I can only guess it has something about that trying to cross over the RR and pontoon that the CSA troops hate to cross. oh well, it doesnt really matter.