Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New maps or alt variations

Quote Originally Posted by brentcarter View Post
    Turner's Gap is not apart of your South Mountain Maps?
    It is, the entire southern part of Turners Gap. The northern part, on which the 3rd Alabama fought, is not part of the battle map.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    It is, the entire southern part of Turners Gap. The northern part, on which the 3rd Alabama fought, is not part of the battle map.
    Any reason why you left out a major part of that battle?
    Richmond Howitzers, 3rd Company

Quote Originally Posted by brentcarter View Post
    Any reason why you left out a major part of that battle?
    Engine (map size) limitation.
    The entire battlefield is very huge, between Fox gap in the south and Turners gap in the north lays a huge distance.

Engine (map size) limitation.
    The entire battlefield is very huge, between Fox gap in the south and Turners gap in the north lays a huge distance.
    Very sad news

Why not do all the gaps separately? Is the area in between going to see a lot of use?

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdmann View Post
    I hope for no special events, no zombies, no historical inaccuracy and no map creator. You want zombies... there are a hell of a lot Games out there for you. You want historical inaccuracy.. also a hack of a lot games there for you (some of them might even not know about the degree of their inaccuracy).
    People like you give historical gamers a bad reputation. Attachment 10977 When I was real young I always wanted the same thing to happen as in history in my Civil War gaming. Then I was like, "WTF am I doing this for? There's near-infinite possibilities, just as in real life, and I'm trying to reenact the one scenario which just happen to have occurred according to how we understand it which just as well might not have happened" And even then there's still fighting and chance combat to occur within the game. If a team is doing well within a campaign or whatever, they should get to do more than just fall back on the historical scenario. That's why there already are alternate scenarios in the game.

Sooner or later people will figure out how to mod the game even if they're not supposed to.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    Why not do all the gaps separately? Is the area in between going to see a lot of use?

People like you give historical gamers a bad reputation. Attachment 10977 When I was real young I always wanted the same thing to happen as in history in my Civil War gaming. Then I was like, "WTF am I doing this for? There's near-infinite possibilities, just as in real life, and I'm trying to reenact the one scenario which just happen to have occurred according to how we understand it which just as well might not have happened" And even then there's still fighting and chance combat to occur within the game. If a team is doing well within a campaign or whatever, they should get to do more than just fall back on the historical scenario. That's why there already are alternate scenarios in the game.

Sooner or later people will figure out how to mod the game even if they're not supposed to.
    I get what u are saying Poorlaggedman.

But a lot of people prefer different types of modes. I would like to see maps change in holidays Halloween, Christmas, ETC.

OR they can do some type of special event. like on a weekend or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I'm sure South Mountain will be here soon considering the victory screen has been bugged to describe a victory/defeat on South Mountain for at least a month.
    Thats a good thought.

Are there any more Antietam skirmish areas planned?

Quote Originally Posted by Matt(Fridge) View Post
    Are there any more Antietam skirmish areas planned?
    Not at the moment. We have all historic skirmish areas placed, which were important.
    There might be room for 1 or 2 "new" what-if scenarios.

Not at the moment. We have all historic skirmish areas placed, which were important.
    There might be room for 1 or 2 "new" what-if scenarios.
    Maybe skip the what if scenarios and add Turner's Gap instead