Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: New maps or alt variations

Quote Originally Posted by brentcarter View Post
    Maybe skip the what if scenarios and add Turner's Gap instead
    Like I said before, Turner's Gap is on the map, but not the entire Gap sadly, due to the map boundaries. The map will feature the actions around Colquitt's and Hatch's units at Turner's Gap.

CSA Major

Well at this point I do think they need it, as of right now the average daily player base is 83 and that is hardly anything. we need the new players. If and when they add a new map or campaign that's it, you will get a bump then it will drop right back down because at the end the day its still the same thing just a new spot to fight.Tthe people that like and love these types of games, unfortunately are few compared to the rest of the gaming community. This game could be the most historically accurate game in the world but if nobody is playing it, that shit does not mean anything. And having a random special whatever event only helps in the long run, it only adds another reason to play.

Quote Originally Posted by Kellz View Post
    I get what u are saying Poorlaggedman.

But a lot of people prefer different types of modes. I would like to see maps change in holidays Halloween, Christmas, ETC.

OR they can do some type of special event. like on a weekend or something.
    I think you misunderstood. I'm all for zombie spoof stuff in the long-run, I've hosted zombie events in RnL even though the game wasn't designed to allow servers to push custom skins or anything close to that mode of gameplay. It can be very fun in the backdrop of a realistic shooter game. The better the main gameplay is, the better for everything. That should be the focus for a while. Good to know funding is not an issue for the foreseeable future.

The developers should probably not spend the time and don't need to be involved much with that. They just need to at least tacitly permit it by not putting barriers up. A barrier would be disabling custom skins or custom maps either intentionally or by not allowing servers which host them to push the custom content to the client. Specifically with zombie stuff.... we'd need a punching mechanism for zombies to work designed into the game regardless of how the maps or spawns or skins or loadouts were manipulated. I suspect it would all be difficult based on the ground-up design of the game so far. I feel like we're not going to get punching since weapons can't be shot out of hands yet or dropped anymore. I see a lot of potential in specifically zombies with the flag bearer spawn system.

As it was, I had to use a teleporting room for the zombie team to various spawn points around the zombified game map where people walked into portals and got shot out to various spots of the field. That didn't supply swarms of zombie players fast enough so I resorted to manually teleporting zombies to the hotspots with admin commands. A zombie flag bearer would be hilarious and help loads with putting the pressure on the human team. icon_lol.gif It's years out I'm sure but it's still something to think about
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 05-15-2019 at 09:57 PM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    I am actually working on the South Mountain units at the moment, so we will release the skirmish areas with a fresh set of new regiments.
    This is great news! Those of us in the 17th Michigan would love to see our regiment represented! Will the afternoon battle at Wise Farm at Fox's Gap be available as a skirmish area? During this battle, the 17th routed the 50th and 51st Georgia of Drayton's brigade, who were positioned behind a stone wall, earning their nickname "Stonewall Regiment." You can read a great recollection of the battle here. The 17th was distinct in many other ways, as its E company made largely of Michigan State Normal School Students, and the regiment wore full dress uniforms during the battle, having left Michigan only 2 weeks prior. I have attached some photos of the Wise Farm, as well as our members' interpretations of the 17th's uniform at South Mountain.

Last edited by BenjaGuy; 05-15-2019 at 10:53 PM.

No, the zombie team would be humans and would start as a minority - maybe 20% of a server - and as human players are killed they're unable to spawn (their spawn time is set to 999 or something) and would get to join the zombie team to help cannibalize their former team until it's wiped out. A punching feature would be about the best we could hope for as a zombie attack other than perhaps musket butts with ammunition zeroed out and without a bayonet. Zombies with firepower defeats the purpose but they'd need some sort of attack. Setting a 'rule' that zombies can shoot or stab and that you have to switch teams when dead doesn't enforce well and is a waste of time.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 05-16-2019 at 12:10 AM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Ugh! anything zombie is a definite turn off for me! Don't get me wrong, I'm all for a bit more (guarded) umph in the game but zombies? That's the extremest thing they could do. What will they come up with after that? Black female Nazi zombies is the latest depth, I believe.
    This is not the way.

If you need variation, at least keep it semi-real, like some Mexican band raiding an army depot somewhere, or the Canadian emperor wanting to carve up the Union, or simply some Indian tribe having had it with the white people destroying their way of life and choosing to die fighting. A prelude to Custer's last stand comes to mind, only some 10 years after the war, so the same social problems existed already.

Cavalry are right around the corner, so a western scenario is possible, if only there were some traction from the devs.
    Last edited by EneCtin; 05-16-2019 at 04:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BenjaGuy View Post
    This is great news! Those of us in the 17th Michigan would love to see our regiment represented! Will the afternoon battle at Wise Farm at Fox's Gap be available as a skirmish area? During this battle, the 17th routed the 50th and 51st Georgia of Drayton's brigade, who were positioned behind a stone wall, earning their nickname "Stonewall Regiment." You can read a great recollection of the battle here. The 17th was distinct in many other ways, as its E company made largely of Michigan State Normal School Students, and the regiment wore full dress uniforms during the battle, having left Michigan only 2 weeks prior. I have attached some photos of the Wise Farm, as well as our members' interpretations of the 17th's uniform at South Mountain.

Yes, the fighting at Wise Farm is part of the map - The skirmish area's name is "Garland's Stand".

Quote Originally Posted by brentcarter View Post
    Maybe skip the what if scenarios and add Turner's Gap instead
    We might do the southern part of the battlefield as a seperate map at a later date. We are not working on any what if scenarios currently -the focus at the moment is the northern part of South Mountain.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

We might do the southern part of the battlefield as a seperate map at a later date. We are not working on any what if scenarios currently -the focus at the moment is the northern part of South Mountain.

- Trusty
    That would be great and makes sense such vital battles to be missing completely is a shame

A brigade holding off a Division for 4,5 hours without assistance basically stopping a division until the darkness fell. How heroic , dramatic and important does it need to get to be map worthy
    Last edited by brentcarter; 05-16-2019 at 08:36 AM.
    Richmond Howitzers, 3rd Company

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Yes, the fighting at Wise Farm is part of the map - The skirmish area's name is "Garland's Stand".
    Is the morning battle all that will be represented? There was another fight at Wise farm around 4 PM With the 17th Michigan, Welch's brigade, and some of Cox's division against Drayton's brigade, with the Union capturing the farm again before Hood arrived.

Small idea regarding Picket Patrol, would do you think:

- Raising the time limit to 30 minutes
    - 3 lifes per soldier (2 respawns)

This would give the flag bearer a meaning in the Picket Patrol, he has to keep the respawns up.
    Since you can die 2 times, you have more options to fall back with your ranks, reforming to try another approach.