Thread: Hitmarkers and Kills and Deaths on Scoreboard

USA Captain

Lightbulb Hitmarkers and Kills and Deaths on Scoreboard

I have been enjoying playing WOR. I think two easy suggestions would increase the quality of the game. The first is to add a hitmarker or let us know when we killed an enemy by having some text say you killed player 1 or something. Last night our regiment was skirmishing in the woods and firing at another regiment in field. We couldn't tell if we were aiming too high or were very effective. Hitmarkers would help solve this. The second suggestion is to add on the scoreboard kills and deaths. This is not COD and we don't need a k/d on a profile but it would be nice to know how effective I was during a battle and if I was indeed landing my shots.

These are simple changes but I think it would improve the player experience. I'm open to further suggestions and critiques of this post. Thanks for reading this.

Quote Originally Posted by CSA94 View Post
    Last night our regiment was skirmishing in the woods and firing at another regiment in field. We couldn't tell if we were aiming too high or were very effective. Hitmarkers would help solve this.
    While you would be able to tell, if you hit something, it would destroy the tactical aspect of the game completly.

If you would like to know, if you hit somebody, your officer should use his binoculars or send scouts to check. If the enemy is not firing back at you, you also might be aware, that you hit something
    It would be way to easy, if a commander is always aware of the situation and the performence of his troops.

We have no plans to add any kind of hitmarkers to the game, since we think its a way of cheating and it would destroy the tactical aspect of the game.

Thats at least one of the main reasons, why we did not add any hitmarkers.

Thank you for the suggestions.

You are most certainly not the first one who's suggested the above. There should be a fair few threads around with plenty of discussion and answers regarding the suggestions.

- Trusty

USA Captain

Thank you for the replies and explanation.

Besides those close up "bang see 'em fall" shots, every once in awhile I think I get a little feedback over middle long distances when I hear a yelp or scream right after the sound of my rifle or musket discharging.

Maybe it's all in my head, but if it is, don't tell me.

Other than the audio and visual feedback that the player gets, it really can help to spend some time with a "battle buddy" while skirmishing and take turns trying to spot impacts when you are shooting from high to low. Even with a solid hit, the smoke and recoil can hide the results from you.