Thread: Shooting range and flag suggestions

Shooting range and flag suggestions

Hello,
    Would it be possible to place an ammo box on the shooting range? Better yet, could you add an additional spawn point on the shooting range? It gets annoying, running down to the range, especially for the union soldiers since the shooting range is not around the corner.

Can you add a function to lower (charge) the flag or to fold it up? It would be useful when a unit tries to do a sneak flanking maneuver.
    Thank you

USA Captain

I would really appreciate an offline, gameified shooting range. Something that could look identical to what we have now, but ONLY be the shooting range, so it's quick to load in. The main thing I'd like to see though are gamified UI to show a picture of exactly where you hit, and what the official distance was. If you wanted to move to long term historical accuracy (without gameifying), an AI spotter calling placement, and a down range AI using the a physical hit marker pole to show groupings like on an army range.

With it being offline only, there's no interference with the lack of stats (which i love otherwise). It would save players a ton of time if you're target shooting alone, without an officer with glasses to spot your hits. I would like to be able to get range time that doesn't involve sprinting all the way down range every time i want to check grouping.
    Last edited by Axon; 07-29-2019 at 10:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Axon View Post
    I would really appreciate an offline, gameified shooting range. Something that could look identical to what we have now, but ONLY be the shooting range, so it's quick to load in. The main thing I'd like to see though are gamified UI to show a picture of exactly where you hit, and what the official distance was. If you wanted to move to long term historical accuracy (without gameifying), an AI spotter calling placement, and a down range AI using the a physical hit marker pole to show groupings like on an army range.

With it being offline only, there's no interference with the lack of stats (which i love otherwise). It would save players a ton of time if you're target shooting alone, without an officer with glasses to spot your hits. I would like to be able to get range time that doesn't involve sprinting all the way down range every time i want to check grouping.
    Hi there!

I see you're a long-time member on the forum.

How long ago was it that you last used the shooting range?

It has featured distance and a graphical overview of where you (as well as others on the range) are hitting for quite a while now - no need to run to check groupings.

- Trusty

USA Captain

I appreciate the heads up. my B it seems. Thanks for the quick reply! I've not been on the range in a while, and i guess it was my aim that was the problem, not your game, lol.
    Last edited by Axon; 07-29-2019 at 11:52 PM.

USA Brigadier General

a small suggestion:

since you guys have to do some work on the drill camp for the artillery would it be possible to remove so bushes and trees at the shooting range? So we could shoot at a greater range like on the CS camp.

Would be very helpful
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    a small suggestion:

since you guys have to do some work on the drill camp for the artillery would it be possible to remove so bushes and trees at the shooting range? So we could shoot at a greater range like on the CS camp.

Would be very helpful
    You mean CSA camp? I was gonna say exactly this but on the USA camp. It's almost impossible to shoot beyond 160-170 yards because there is a forest getting in your way. Last night I practiced in the CSA camp for the first time and it was great to finally being able to practice at longer distances. Not to mention southern guys don't have to walk like 800 miles from the spawn to the target range, which is completely absurd if you ask me.

Once I also mentioned the possibility of cutting the reload animation while in drill camp, so you don't need to spend literally 4/5 of your practice time watching an animation instead of actually practicing, but I guess we'll have to deal with that.

USA Brigadier General

I was talking about the Union camp ^^
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Major

Mainly for the flag barers:

I would like to see the 'casing' of the flag become a feature of the game. The worry for me would be that it would be used all too often and teams would rather keep the flags cased permenantly and only unfurled when they are certain that there isn't any imminent danger. Maybe the use of furthering a delay in respawn times in this mode, if it were to be given the green light - and displayed as such in the spawn area menu. Really like the idea of it being a feature though.

Is there an opportunity to improve the 'Spawn Options Menu' to reflect the seperate status of each company flag and the numbers of waiting respawns for each? Is there a priority given to soldiers of a company for their own flag? I realise it gets mixed if only one flag is available, but when both are active, I can't remember.

I'd like to see the flag itself be displayed as a weapon item when picked up, not just as spawned in flag barer, so you know which flag you are holding. Many moons back there was a test phase carried out where you could pick up and drop rifles and muskets, I can remember the weapon selection identifier changing to reflect what was picked up. I'd like to see the flags get the same treatment, unless this is already likely to be re-implemented in the near future. What did happen to the pickup and dropping of weapons anyway? It was pretty successful to my recollection.

Only other nice to have, would be the ability for a flag barer to be able to select a location within close proximity for respawns using the 'Q' button preventing people spawning in the worst areas and would save a lot of grief. It could be reset (respawning in front again) if the flag barer moves too far away from the designated spot. Only very close visable selected spaces could be used to prevent cheating. I always feel a little guilty seeing people respawn from a flag I am holding to get pasted without opportunity because of the auto selected respawn point.

Yet to see the artillery in action, so can't comment. Looking forward to it. I was hoping to be able to remove bushes and trees through the use of artillery, never know...
    Last edited by MK81; 02-06-2020 at 12:57 PM.
    Pvt. Kenah

For Southern Secession