Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Time for 200 man server

Time for 200 man server

The time has come to implement 200 man servers. As the commander of one of the largest conf. groups in the game and after the issues we had last night trying to include all the units wanting to participate in the Sunday night event. Its clear to me and others that we need 200 man servers to handle the growing community wanting to take part in these events. I rarely post on the forum but I see this as being critical for the present state of inclusion for all units wanting to come together and kill one another in friendly and fair combat. This is just the opinion of an exhausted and over worked commander of the 1st Georgia Regulars.

Thank you for the suggestion.

We will test higher player counts when we have new optimizations implemented.

The point in regards to the size of companies is one that can always be made no matter the player cap of the server. The player cap is not where it is at due to how big the companies are. It's there due to client and server performance.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

I agree, if the 200 man trial servers went well, why the hold up ? Would be nice the $977346.00 raised being used in a more timely manner. I would also like to see a profit and loss statement to have an idea of how the crowd founded money is being used. Cant help but think hiring a team would be cheaper than subcontracting the work out piece meal.
    Last edited by Fubar; 06-24-2019 at 04:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fubar View Post
    I agree, if the 200 man trial servers went well, why the hold up ? Would be nice the $977346.00 raised being used in a more timely manner. I would also like to see a profit and loss statement to have an idea of how the crowd founded money is being used. Cant help but think hiring a team would be cheaper than subcontracting the work out piece meal.
    The 200 man trial may have seemed agreeable to many of the players due to our effective player interpolation settings, effectively eliminating microstutters and teleports but we were not convinced to step it up just yet looking at the actual server performance statistics (if we were we'd be at 200 a long time ago).

I'm not sure what you're getting at with your 2nd question. We have not subcontracted anything apart from soundtrack work and voice actor work. We have a core team of 13 people - have had so for the past many years.

- Trusty

CSA Major

Oh look at that, it’s time for the “I’m entitled to know shit, and I know better than everyone else” routine again.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    Oh look at that, it’s time for the “I’m entitled to know shit, and I know better than everyone else” routine again.
    You called ? I forgot shit that I even forgot I forgot !

@theEventQuestion

Problem : if event is on one server all the CSA & Union regiments can't fit during the big events.
    Solution : having a secondary server open (which usually is the case between I corps / II corps / 1st Texas / … ) -> but it's always a nifty kind of balance in fitting & balancing a server & sometimes getting events going is a last minute sort of gathering & agreeing.

For the current playerbase a 200 men server could just make the difference in fitting a regiment or not, however how this will unfold in the future is unclear (my crystal ball is dirty). -> Hard to tell what the current influx is (and the awol's )
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

the war will go on and on and on Sir we shall not faultier!!!

2ndLt. Patrick R. Cleburne 5thFL (B)

USA Brigadier General

In my opinion we shouldn't rush for higher payer numbers until the client/server synchro gets better.

always annoying if we get stabbed from a guy 5 meters away or formations dont work due to issues like asynchron positions.

in the end it will come when the devs want to implement it.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

USA Major

These events go a lot smoother when the regiments that were invited to play in that match are allowed to play, and the regiments that were not a part of that planned match respect that there's an organized event going on.

I also trust that the devs will bump it up to 200 men permanently when they know that it can be a stable experience for everyone.

Branzone is a good server host if you're looking for a switch and G-Portal wants to gouge.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n