Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Active Groups Come Together

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

CSA Captain

Active Groups Come Together

Hi All, Its becoming clear that we need to get all active groups together to discuss events going forward. Some of us have already spoken and have some ideas but let’s all get together and all agree. As this community is growing lately its clear we can have 2 servers full on event nights (sat,sun,mon)as we saw this last weekend. 1st Ga along with 6th La have been in the “overflow” server and we have filled it, as the main event was going on. We are proposing some sort of season where we round robin schedule events and dedicate servers for each night and then possibly have a playoff system for top teams. A lot of details will have to be hashed out to make this work and all the leaders that know of it so far are receptive. We can shoot ideas around here in this forum for now. We are proposing a meeting in 2nd corp Team speak ASAP. Lets set something up for this Friday at 7pm est?

USA Captain

I should be available to rep the 9th NY. I have a cut-off at 8pm ET for the 9th NY's drill.

I will pass this to the BRW members.
    Last edited by SwingKid148; 06-25-2019 at 05:32 PM.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    I should be available to rep the 9th NY. I have a cut-off at 8pm ET.

I will pass this to the BRW members.
    Lets also try and limit the amount of reps to 2 per group...so we dont have 50 people trying to talk over each other

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcarin View Post
    Lets also try and limit the amount of reps to 2 per group...so we dont have 50 people trying to talk over each other
    As I said, I will be there for the 9th NY.

Also to note, we should actually use the woreventcalaendar@gmail.com that someone made. I've had our events in there for a while just to note.
    Last edited by SwingKid148; 06-25-2019 at 05:40 PM.

Col. James and myself will represent I Corps

CSA Captain

I'll be there for the 1st Texas Battalion, let's hash some stuff out and grow this community!
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Great idea. Thanks. I'll be there for 1st Virginia. Why no Friday events?

RhettVito
    Friday at 7pm est 72nd PA will be there !

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Vulcarin View Post
    Hi All, Its becoming clear that we need to get all active groups together to discuss events going forward. Some of us have already spoken and have some ideas but let’s all get together and all agree. As this community is growing lately its clear we can have 2 servers full on event nights (sat,sun,mon)as we saw this last weekend. 1st Ga along with 6th La have been in the “overflow” server and we have filled it, as the main event was going on. We are proposing some sort of season where we round robin schedule events and dedicate servers for each night and then possibly have a playoff system for top teams. A lot of details will have to be hashed out to make this work and all the leaders that know of it so far are receptive. We can shoot ideas around here in this forum for now. We are proposing a meeting in 2nd corp Team speak ASAP. Lets set something up for this Friday at 7pm est?
    Thank you all that showed for this meeting...we had many units show up to help build this community. I think we have made a great step forward and look forward to the next steps of setting up the season of competitive matches.

It is 4th of July next week how does next Saturday(7/6) sound? Same time 7pm?

CSA Major General

I'll be posting some general stuff brought up on the meeting here (might take me whole weekend )
    This way other non attending regiments\players are brought up to speed (all regiments are very welcome to attend the meetings)

The general idea on how to proceed for events :

The meeting shows we're all interested in having good organized events where everyone can participate and have a good time !This way regiments can have their 'regular' events without much hassle, while the community is server with an extra coordinated event.

Event coordination

• A feature event (day ?) with 30-45ish player groups* (in game multiplayer wouldn't be affected to much) per faction in an approximately 8 weeks 'ladder'.
    • * These groups are made up from one or multiple regiments or orgs
    • Groups/regiments not assigned the 'feature' event will join an so called 'overflow' server where a 'secondary event takes place'
    • A gathering 30 mins before the event on TS/Discord.
    • Event server(s) will have a password and it will be given in batches so attending regiments can connect.

Concerns ? :
    it might take some extra effort to have the 'feature event' balanced. (even factions is sometimes hard to maintain, thinking off auto balance here)

Knowing the numbers

• In order to having balanced events it's important to have an insight of the attending units numbers, it would be great to know 15 minutes before an event which numbers a group can actually bring. (I know some just show up seconds before the event or even during the event … maybe something we all can work on).

Idea ? : The overflow server could have a password in the beginning so regiments can connect and afterwards can be opened up for all.

The Apollo phenomenon

• Some already noticed Apollo is 'active' atm in WoR and shows up as the 14th Brooklyn with about 50-60 youtube fans.

• Since this almost fills one side it's best to have a set group playing against their group (and maybe filling up the rest ?)

Which maps to play

Some maps are "disliked" or perceived/experienced as oneven, regiments should think over which maps they prefer and which they really don't want to play (maybe put flags on a list like 'preferred', 'neutral', 'not a fan' …)
    If we can get all data from the regiments/groups we can make up a maplist for the events.

0) East Woods Skirmish
    1) Hooker's Push
    2) Hagerstown Turnpike
    3) Miller's Cornfield
    4) East Woods
    5) Nicodemus Hill
    6) Bloody Lane
    7) Pry Ford
    8) Pry Grist Mill
    9) Pry House
    10) West Woods
    11) Dunker Church
    12) Burnside Bridge
    13) Cooke's Countercharge
    14) Otto & Sherick Farm
    15) Roulette Lane
    16) Piper Farm
    17) Hill's Counterattack.

Note : In the meeting 'Dunkers church' was brought up as pretty 'even', since we playing 3 maps (or 2 out of three) Dunkers could be the last map.
    Note : For the first two maps each faction picks one (we're all gentleman, as an example the CSA won't pick Millers Cornfield since the tends to prefer CSA to much)

Hosting

• WHO HOSTS ? Some regs/groups have a server so it has to be looked in who host the feature event and who hosts the overflow. (lot of events are/been hosted by CSA regiments/groups … we have some experience on it but some Union input on it might be advised)
    • SERVER ADMIN : there are multiple regiments that feel the need they should have an admin on their faction (and an admin who can tend to their needs).
    • SERVER ADMIN : some regs have admin acces on other regs server, it's less needed if a server is password protected.
    • SERVER RULES : for the feature event, it's fair the have the same settings … like 'final push' and 'last stand' on/off. (is there an agreement on ON ? since that simpler ?)

EU meetings & EU events

• Since it was late for EU players, we would like to hear some more input from more EU oriented groups, off course there is room to hold a meeting just before the EU event.

Other modes
    • Picket Patrol was brought up, for the feature event it will remain 'Antietam', this doesn't mean we can't have a PP , South Mountain or Harpers Ferry event (which might be interesting for 'new' players, maybe less for streamers ?) as an extra 'occasional' event.

DISCLAIMER : I might write mistakes here, it was 2-3 'o clock in the morning for me when I attended, so feel free to correct me.

Last edited by Redleader; 06-29-2019 at 01:14 PM.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.