Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Active Groups Come Together

CSA Captain

Couple things:
    @Saris- in the initial meeting it was agreed on for Antietam, pickets would be best for even and no bias. Then the 3 maps where selected by the officers in the 2nd meeting it was supposed to be one that favored each side and then one that was as neutral as possible.
    As far as pubbies, if you bring you allotted 40 players, then no pubbies issues as map will be capped at 80.

These are all moot points as there has been zero replies from people signing up for this, so its probably going to die out. Not sure why, as before we started setting this up there was a lot of interest and oddly now there is none...

If these brackets are going to run on non-event nights like Friday or Tuesday we are still interested; just as long as it doesnt conflict with our regularly scheduled events on the weekend.

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    There's not a single smart union commander that stands still in that corn. Sure, you're on defense, but who says you have to stand still?
    It's still an unbalanced map. Any time you have to defend a point with no cover and you can't see the enemy it's going to be a challenge. It's pretty equal in that respect that neither side can see the enemy but then you guys get a ton more tickets so there goes the balance.

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    This was less of an argument of changing the chosen maps than to use a gamemode that would be perfect for tourney play.
    My bad.
    Last edited by Shiloh; 07-11-2019 at 03:43 AM.

USA Captain

I really like the idea, so I would hate to see it die before we get started. I think a number of 2nd USSS Co. H would be willing to partake, though I do not presume to speak for us as a whole. But since I see our Captain commenting.... I know this particular weekend is not great for me personally, but I do want to try a tournament like this. Sounds fun.
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    It's still an unbalanced map. Any time you have to defend a point with no cover and you can't see the enemy it's going to be a challenge. It's pretty equal in that respect that neither side can see the enemy but then you guys get a ton more tickets so there goes the balance.

My bad.
    Fair enough. I will 100% agree that ticket balance on almost every map is REALLY bad right now. And I have screens to prove it.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

There's a way to change the tickets in the configuration files, I'm assuming it works. I've flirted with the idea of nullifying the tickets altogether for at least a finite period of time.

That also makes it possible to cheat though if you were hosting a match since the numbers behind the team morale are not transparent for players to check unless they do a lot of detective work after the match. It's something to consider.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

ppl dont check the fourms like they should