Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bizarre and total freeze

Bizarre and total freeze

I have over 600 hours in the game and have dealt with other issues, but now the game totally freezes almost every time I get in. Each time, I am playing and everything appears normal, and then all of the sudden, everyone around me stops moving. I can move. Sound keeps going - both ambient and other players' voices. I've kept an eye on the game process in task manager and it appears that the game continues to consume more and more memory over time, so I don't know if that's the old memory leak problem, but to be fair, I haven't monitored the memory utilization in the past. All I know is that this is maddening and the game is becoming unplayable.

USA Major

I was having a similar issue... and still am at random times. I get 5-7 second freezes and often during times of movement or when engaging the enemy up close. I had rolled back my graphics drivers to the previous release and that seemed to work for a bit but now it's back. I changed my 'visible bodies' from 100 to 50 to see if that helps.

Anyhow is anyone else having these similar issues?

Hello
    I just experienced the same today, it started a couple of days ago and today the game crashed for me.
    When i now try to rejoin i get the message Server is full on all servers.

Yeah, I reduced the number of visible bodies to 25, but that didn't help unfortunately.

I don't know it is related, but one of our members was claiming yesterday that he couldn't see any server on the list. He said he was fully updated. Just thought I'd put it out there.

I would recommend lowering graphics settings or rolling back drivers. Though in the midst of all the updates I have needed to do a full reinstall several times during the last few months, could always fallback on that nuclear option.
    Longstreet's I Corps Staff Team

15th Georgia Infantry XO

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Ace View Post
    I would recommend lowering graphics settings or rolling back drivers. Though in the midst of all the updates I have needed to do a full reinstall several times during the last few months, could always fallback on that nuclear option.
    I was freezing like crazy last night for 5 to 15 seconds at a time. I rolled back my drivers when I was first having that issue about a month or so back and that seemed to clear it up but now the problem is back. I reduced my graphics and I only had one freeze after doing that so hopefully that works for me. I just don't get how myself and Lane Meyer have been playing this game for a year-and-a-half without any issues and then all of a sudden both of our games are doing this.

USA Major

I got to the point tonight where everything was locking up on me and I couldn't play at all. I rolled back my drivers even further back to April and that seemed to do the trick. Hopefully this holds up.

I've been having this freezing problem for the past few days. I bought the game about a week ago, but it just suddenly started doing this a few days a go. Like you said, everyone freezes, except you. The sounds and voice all continue. I've also had issue where when I get shot, my game crashes.

I don't know if it the same for you, but I sometimes have drop framerate / freezes when a message come up trough chatbox