Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Independent Volunteer Rifles - (EU/NA)

Lightbulb Independent Volunteer Rifles - (EU/NA)

Welcome to the official forum thread of the “Independent Volunteer Rifles”

This is an organization between both federal and confederate units in order to plan historically accurate drills and battles along with bringing together people of both sides to help with whatever is needed. There is no head of the unit but instead everyone comes together for different topics around the IVR. Here are some of the goals we have.....

- Learn the authentic way the American Civil War was fought and drilled
    - Bring units from both sides together for organized play
    - Promote healthy communication for everyone participating in the org.
    - Help each other out with whatever is needed
    - Having fun!

Benefits of joining the IVR include.....

- Groups that join the IVR remain independent
    - Gaining Access to the IVR Server for drill and event use
    - Admin Rights on the main IVR Server
    - Recruitment Rights on the IVR Server During Public Play
    - Recruitment Drives for IVR Member
    - Groups Access to exclusive IVR Events
    - Early access to the weekly event maps
    - Being part of a community that is based on portraying Civil War combat accurately
    - Weekly Battalion level drills with other IVR members
    - Reserved server slots for your group during events

Here is the official IVR application!
    - IVR Unit Application -

Last edited by GeorgiaHound4; 01-20-2020 at 08:06 AM.

*Reserved

Welcome the 7th West Virginia to the IVR!

Welcome the 4th Pennsylvania to the IVR!

Hello ! I like notion of historically accurate. I wondered what are your thoughts about out-game chat system like discord or teamspeak during battles... I fully understand the usefullness of such a system to remain organized during events, but I find it immersion-breaking. There was no radio communications during ACW... I find using it at the company level to give orders particularly sad, for it completely remove the main purpose of the NCOs which is to relay the orders. Also it allow two separate units to coordinate on the battlefield (for example to lead simultaneous attacks from different directions) and I know this give more fluidity, but this wasn't how things were organized at the time, simultaneous coordination were difficult if not planned before, and the communications weren't as fast as they have to use couriers... I know the game developers planned to have larger battles with one central commander, able to send orders to units commanders, with a delay managed by the game to represent the distance a messenger would have to travel, but out-game chat system completely ruin this notion. I think a courier position played by a player would be more funny than that radio system. But I digress I just wondered how you manage or plan to manage out-game chat systems during your events ; is there a particular emphasized role for the in-game chat system (which I find fantastic) and counsels to avoid out-game chat or something ?

Quote Originally Posted by Paul T. Guillory View Post
    Hello ! I like notion of historically accurate. I wondered what are your thoughts about out-game chat system like discord or teamspeak during battles... I fully understand the usefullness of such a system to remain organized during events, but I find it immersion-breaking. There was no radio communications during ACW... I find using it at the company level to give orders particularly sad, for it completely remove the main purpose of the NCOs which is to relay the orders. Also it allow two separate units to coordinate on the battlefield (for example to lead simultaneous attacks from different directions) and I know this give more fluidity, but this wasn't how things were organized at the time, simultaneous coordination were difficult if not planned before, and the communications weren't as fast as they have to use couriers... I know the game developers planned to have larger battles with one central commander, able to send orders to units commanders, with a delay managed by the game to represent the distance a messenger would have to travel, but out-game chat system completely ruin this notion. I think a courier position played by a player would be more funny than that radio system. But I digress I just wondered how you manage or plan to manage out-game chat systems during your events ; is there a particular emphasized role for the in-game chat system (which I find fantastic) and counsels to avoid out-game chat or something ?
    That’s a very good question and concern! For our events each unit participating is going to assign a courier in order to communicate on the field. We do not encourage discord for when units are on the field but instead use it for pre battle organization and post battle discussion. Hope that answers your question!

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaHound4 View Post
    That’s a very good question and concern! For our events each unit participating is going to assign a courier in order to communicate on the field. We do not encourage discord for when units are on the field but instead use it for pre battle organization and post battle discussion. Hope that answers your question!
    That answer it absolutely well ! Love it

Welcome the 1st North Carolina Cavalry to the IVR!

Welcome the 6th Vermont, 1st Battalion to the IVR!

Welcome both the 1st Maryland Light Artillery and the 1st Rockbridge Artillery to the IVR!