Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheating Company Tool to Muster Companies

@all I would like to thank the Dev team for getting this situation under control as regards to the 6th Louisiana Infantry stolen companies. I really appreciate it, and all this was done within 24 hours of my request. I would also like to thank the community for supporting me in this situation, especially my friends in the 9th NY, 1st Cav & 14th TN. All 7 accounts that created 71 alt-accounts have been banned so we wont have to worry about seeing them around any more, it actually suprises me they didn't use VPN. One last very special thanks to the monkeys that used my name in filling those companies as you have now officially given me Manifest Destiny over the 6th LA, as i will be in touch with the dev team before opening up a new company so they can confirm its authenticity. It seems the haters time and time again just play right into my hands and into the hands of II Corps. Thanks yall, couldn't have done this without you
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by PAIOLETTI View Post
    @all I would like to thank the Dev team for getting this situation under control as regards to the 6th Louisiana Infantry stolen companies. I really appreciate it, and all this was done within 24 hours of my request. I would also like to thank the community for supporting me in this situation, especially my friends in the 9th NY, 1st Cav & 14th TN. All 7 accounts that created 71 alt-accounts have been banned so we wont have to worry about seeing them around any more, it actually suprises me they didn't use VPN. One last very special thanks to the monkeys that used my name in filling those companies as you have now officially given me Manifest Destiny over the 6th LA, as i will be in touch with the dev team before opening up a new company so they can confirm its authenticity. It seems the haters time and time again just play right into my hands and into the hands of II Corps. Thanks yall, couldn't have done this without you
    If such is true, will the same privilege be afforded to other units? I know of several 1st Texas companies that are either completely inactive or being "held" on purpose to deny the 1st Texas certain companies.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    If such is true, will the same privilege be afforded to other units? I know of several 1st Texas companies that are either completely inactive or being "held" on purpose to deny the 1st Texas certain companies.
    No, I don't quite follow Paioletti's last sentence either.

If any company is rightfully formed and claimed (6th LA companies that aren't part of II corps included) then that company is reserved. There's no reserving of companies for any individuals no matter how many formed companies they already own.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    No, I don't quite follow Paioletti's last sentence either.

If any company is rightfully formed and claimed (6th LA companies that aren't part of II corps included) then that company is reserved. There's no reserving of companies for any individuals no matter how many formed companies they already own.

- Trusty
    Understood, just wanted to make sure.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Fair enough, Apparently i misunderstood. However in my instance or the instance of a dedicated group like 1st TX wouldnt it be counter intuitive to allow anyone to pick up a company within the Regiment? That could only lead to problems if the company obtaining the unit would be less than civil. Also there are several companies out there that have been inactive for a long amount of time...for instance 11th MS A Univerisity greys, and i know a few people that would love to represent that unit. For how long do units need to remain inactive untill they are disbanded?
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI

Quote Originally Posted by PAIOLETTI View Post
    Fair enough, Apparently i misunderstood. However in my instance or the instance of a dedicated group like 1st TX wouldnt it be counter intuitive to allow anyone to pick up a company within the Regiment? That could only lead to problems if the company obtaining the unit would be less than civil. Also there are several companies out there that have been inactive for a long amount of time...for instance 11th MS A Univerisity greys, and i know a few people that would love to represent that unit. For how long do units need to remain inactive untill they are disbanded?
    No, the company tool is just that, a tool for company creation. We quite on purpose went with that instead of a regimental tool as we wanted to allow several groups/companies/clans to play as say, the 6th LA or the 20th Maine, etc.

It was never intended to be a way for one organisation to claim an entire regiment (although we of course allow that to happen if the companies within are claimed fairly).

We have no automatic deletion of inactive companies currently. We will announce if/when we ever do so people have time to log in and make their company active again well in advance before any sort of company deletion happens.

- Trusty

Understood, Thank you for clarifying & thanks for the help with Company Tool Trusty and the CG team.
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    We have no automatic deletion of inactive companies currently. We will announce if/when we ever do so people have time to log in and make their company active again well in advance before any sort of company deletion happens.

- Trusty
    I hope this happens sooner rather than later. A lot of the good regiments/companies have been taken and are being held by people who haven't logged in for a year or more and will never do anything with it. I've been wanting to start Co. E of the 2nd so we can have the two Vermont companies that were part of the 2nd and that won't happen the way things are currently. Shame.

All it would really take is sending an email out and having people respond to you within 30 days. If they don't get back to you their company gets deleted.
    Last edited by Shiloh; 07-31-2019 at 04:13 PM.

Looks like yall didnt catch the culprits. 6th LA E, H, and I are being filled up again with dummy accounts. All made on the same day, by people too dumb or too lazy to change their name. Multiple Peiceofschmidt, Paioletti, and others.

I also thought we werent allowed to make multiple forum accounts in order to reserve multiple companies but isnt the real Paioletti doing just that since he dosent have the confidence in his staff for them to remain loyal or run a company under his command? I See A, B, C, D, and F all led by the same name, different accounts, with identical Enlistment papers? Wouldnt that constitute removal of said offending accounts and a possible ban for the offender(s)?

Just strange that we want to enforce the rules but turn a blind eye to certain members holding multiple accounts if that is in fact considered against the rules of the forums/company tool usage.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by MacMerritt View Post
    Looks like yall didnt catch the culprits. 6th LA E, H, and I are being filled up again with dummy accounts. All made on the same day, by people too dumb or too lazy to change their name. Multiple Peiceofschmidt, Paioletti, and others.

I also thought we werent allowed to make multiple forum accounts in order to reserve multiple companies but isnt the real Paioletti doing just that since he dosent have the confidence in his staff for them to remain loyal or run a company under his command? I See A, B, C, D, and F all led by the same name, different accounts, with identical Enlistment papers? Wouldnt that constitute removal of said offending accounts and a possible ban for the offender(s)?

Just strange that we want to enforce the rules but turn a blind eye to certain members holding multiple accounts if that is in fact considered against the rules of the forums/company tool usage.
    There is no connection between the Company Tool and the official forum here. Paioletti does not have any other forum account, in fact he doesn't even have a longstanding thread on this forum for his own company[ies].