Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheating Company Tool to Muster Companies

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by [5thFL(B)] Cpt. Carroll View Post
    This might be the most interesting thread in the entire forum.
    I'm glad this is entertaining to you and seriously cant believe that you thought it was a good idea to make a comment like this when you yourself are just as guilty as the people or persons who messed with Paioletti. I'm sure your "recruits" Samuel Adams, TJ DeLaughter, Jim Bean, Brian Meeker, Chris Soper, Zach Morrison, Jerry Thomas Andrews and William Zatana who miraculously deserted the " 7th Tennessee Company B" 3/9/19(that you created without my knowledge) and joined the "5th Florida B" to " Muster"3/9/19 the same day would agree with me. You owe the entire community an apology, you should be banned from the tool and forum and if I had my way, I would personally refund your $60.00 and tell you to kick rocks.
    Last edited by dogofspades; 07-27-2019 at 11:00 PM.

At what point is it considered abusing company tool? Should everyone be limited to just 1? Or is 2 okay? Kind of like desertion, its okay only if you desert... right? Leave me out of your drama, I left 7thTN for a reason.

Dog Of Spades - https://warofrights.com/CT_ViewSoldi...panyToolHeader

Dog Of Spade's - https://warofrights.com/CT_ViewSoldi...panyToolHeader

CSA Brigadier General

I formed 2 companies the correct way - I didn't cheat the system - thanks for your input.

Definitely link it to SteamIDs if it can be done. Perhaps make some moderator positions to verify that the SteamIDs are real and flagging the unit members if they aren't even steam accounts. It aught to be possible to find out who was doing it as far as the forum goes with some investigative work on the IP addresses. Also perhaps add a system of verification giving legitimate organizations icons or tags (that would take some groundwork). For example, if the organization has a server then you would submit your server name and it would be verified and there'd be an icon that showed you had a server. You wouldn't just want it to be able to link to your server because anyone could make that claim.

Also I'm interested how the Company Tool will integrate. To me the Company Tool seems like it was more as a way of hyping the future gameplay. I know there's some promised integration I'm just wandering what and wish there was more transparency in the planning.
    Suggestion: Formations, Suppression, Spawning, Leadership https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqPsbvyD8s

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

USA General of the Army

SteamID isn't good enough. Steam accounts only need a valid email to be created which means that will be no better than the current system. The only way to curb the system is to have integration in the game, meaning you cannot use the tool unless you have a valid copy. I thought at one point the CT integration was going to be used so certain units would be able to play their counterpart in game during historic mode.

As I said before, I see no use for the CT at this point. Even from an organizing standpoint, a spreadsheet is BY FAR easier to work with. The only advantage the CT has over that is the ability to send a mass email to all enlisted. On the artillery page alone, there are at least 2 dozen batteries with insufficient numbers to muster.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    Also I'm interested how the Company Tool will integrate. To me the Company Tool seems like it was more as a way of hyping the future gameplay. I know there's some promised integration I'm just wandering what and wish there was more transparency in the planning.
    Probably the devs don't see CT as a priority for now, since everyone is stoked for 'arty' and 'stable 200 men servers' ???
    And just starting up something just might take longer then expected, so the question is -< is this a very high priority for the community to redesign CT or could some more simple 'actions' resolve some issues ?
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by PAIOLETTI View Post
    Thank you so much brother for bringing this to my attention! i owe you one! Much respect to the supreme commander of Tennessee, Spades!
    Brother, it's my pleasure to do so - thank's for having my back for the last 3 year's we appreciate it!

CSA Major

Thread cleaned up.

Keep it on topic and keep it constructive.

USA Lieutenant General

Like Leifr said keep it on topic or infractions will be given.

Kyle