Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Cheating Company Tool to Muster Companies

Well then shouldnt there be a rule that you cant have more than one(1) account for the Company Tool to prevent people from spamming accounts and seizing all of the companies?
    Last edited by MacMerritt; 08-01-2019 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MacMerritt View Post
    Well then shouldnt there be a rule that you cant have more than one(1) account for the Company Tool to prevent people from spamming accounts and seizing all of the companies?
    There should, because yes now 1 person holds multiple companies due to wanting all the power to call themselves General. If we believe the tool II corps should have a few full servers. Reality is 30 guys from different companies with Lt's and Ncos not doing much because they all merge in one group following the one leader.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by MacMerritt View Post
    It has been proposed to link 'CT' to an sort of account "in-game" (for example 'World of tanks')
    You could again make multiple accounts I guess, but at least you would have to buy the game

Why would you muster multiple regiments ?

• 'CT' maximum is 100 enlisted players.
    • 'CT' is difficult to maintain (cleaning, you have to click profile to see 'nicknames' who even might be outdated)
    • 'Reserving' them in case you grow, for some reason people like letters to follow (A, B, C looks better then B, F, K ?)

They way it is now, an 'alt'/'fake' account could technically muster a 'regiment' and fill it with 'alt'/'fake' profiles, effectively seizing that company in 'CT'.

'Company tool isn't linked to the game' : issues

So for the most part it's just some form of recordkeeping, but these days it's very confusing and it seems there is some form of … abuse.

I could be "playing" as the famous '15th Alabama' and be enlisted in 'CT' as '5th VA' .. problems would arise if there would be double companies playing (is it who owns 'CT' that is entitled to it ? Even if they have been inactive ?)

We have seen lately that people wear 'regimental' tags, posing as a member for the sole purpose to stir shit up or provoking others.
    If 'CT' would be linked ingame (like the clansystem in World of Tanks') there would be less confusing (in WoT it costs 'credits' to start a clan so people are less intended just to claim one).
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

Yes i would love to see the CT integrated with your game key. That way you are financially supporting the game in order to claim more slots in CT. I would love to see the tag system revamped so that you cant have Regimental or Company tags without being part of a recognized and mustered Company. All stands that the current system needs to be shut down, purged, and revamped. Sadly the Devs dont have the time, personnel, or interest in doing this to fix the issues on the CT.

Just sad to see someone crying foul one day about their name being besmirched, which it was and I sympathize, but for them to then turn around and encourage his unit to spam accounts in order to prevent others from claiming companies that they potentially fill sometime in the future is hypocritical and somewhat childish.

CSA Major

Company Tool desperately needs linking to a key. It doesn't even do anything and it's causing trouble.

I will look this thread down for purging by the admins as the subject was that of a fake companies on the company tool, not the issues between real companies.

- Trusty

USA Lieutenant General

Thread purged reopened for on topic only chat!

- Kyle

CSA Major

Hello fellas been a while for me here on the forums. I've been reading this thread and these are my findings and of course only my opinion:
    1. At this point CT holds no meaning, no reason to hassle and argue to get it fixed until something is done in the future when they are actually managing it on their site.
    2. I do agree that when duplicate accounts are done abusively and maliciously like that then the culprits have to be dealt with, but to me it's just as serious(even more so) to put a groups tags on and imitate that your a member of a group in game and slander them by doing horrible actions (team killing,trolling etc) that hurts the good name of a regiment more then anything else. The devs do have our backs when it comes to that and have slowly but surely released what they said they would and have listened to our's and the public's feedback.
    3. Because nothing will be 100 percent fixed with those duplicate accounts on CT and that the culprits 'ones not even in organized groups' have been dealt with now, I see no reason for us to keep arguing over this as the devs did respond and it's creating rifts between companies i'm noticing. We have our private servers now so can't we all just get along and have some nice events like the good ol' alpha days. NO one regiment is better then the other or deserves 'special attention', same with people and that's the way It should be, fair to all.

- Warboy

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Warboy View Post
    Hello fellas been a while for me here on the forums. I've been reading this thread and these are my findings and of course only my opinion:
    1. At this point CT holds no meaning, no reason to hassle and argue to get it fixed until something is done in the future when they are actually managing it on their site.
    2. I do agree that when duplicate accounts are done abusively and maliciously like that then the culprits have to be dealt with, but to me it's just as serious(even more so) to put a groups tags on and imitate that your a member of a group in game and slander them by doing horrible actions (team killing,trolling etc) that hurts the good name of a regiment more then anything else. The devs do have our backs when it comes to that and have slowly but surely released what they said they would and have listened to our's and the public's feedback.
    3. Because nothing will be 100 percent fixed with those duplicate accounts on CT and that the culprits 'ones not even in organized groups' have been dealt with now, I see no reason for us to keep arguing over this as the devs did respond and it's creating rifts between companies i'm noticing. We have our private servers now so can't we all just get along and have some nice events like the good ol' alpha days. NO one regiment is better then the other or deserves 'special attention', same with people and that's the way It should be, fair to all.

- Warboy
    Well spoken ! --> I have to agree with Warboy we have to prevent "a/another" rift in the community which only leads to polarization & which reflects to the entire community and causing all sorts of 'drama'.

It only get's people more aggravated and you know -> action -> reaction --> rinse & repeat ….

In first place let's try and get along, if that fails the community is 'big' enough to have multiple parties do their thing without bothering each other.

I try to get along with everyone, and usually it's working well … except for that 'Warboy' character, he drags me in those long campaigns into some desolate jungle in Vietnam (Arma Unsung mod).
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

1 player should only be able to own 1 company simple as that