Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheating Company Tool to Muster Companies

CSA Brigadier General

Cheating Company Tool to Muster Companies

I'm truly sorry ya'll, but this is getting ridiculous on company tool and I think something needs to be done about it. I will not call out individual companies or individuals, but its pretty easy to spot and ya'll don't even try to cover it up. I urge you ALL to stop and reconsider, as this is not only skewing the numbers on company tool, but you are stealing from the entire community - and knocking out smaller companies that have REAL players that would have had the opportunity to muster. I understand the need in some cases, if a company is maxed out and more room is needed for further growth - but to create 10 BS accounts to muster a company as a place holder because you don't want to put the work in or you just don't have the skills is out right thievery. Further to this - it attracts other new potential volunteers and puts everyone at a recruitment disadvantage. The tool was created for all to use fairly - not for people to exploit for there own gains. Anybody else have an opinion?

i mentioned this some time ago vocally not on the forums there are two ways this goes down ether small unit get consumed by the bigger ones because off ppl just making accounts or you pick a leader to fallow and i think both side's not having any clear leader as far as i can tell have made for big issues in the ranks just some thoughts Sir

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by COL. Patrick R Cleburne View Post
    i mentioned this some time ago vocally not on the forums there are two ways this goes down ether small unit get consumed by the bigger ones because off ppl just making accounts or you pick a leader to fallow and i think both side's not having any clear leader as far as i can tell have made for big issues in the ranks just some thoughts Sir

I'm not really sure what your talking about but i'll offer a response. As far as leadership in any given company - i thinks it's a significant stretch for you to assume that the majority of companies, small or large on either side has " no clear leadership" as of your post - this is just your opinion and it's just flat out wrong. I have worked with a multitude of commanders who would say otherwise, respectfully. Small unit's are still units, and ANYONE who sleazes there way through tool and rob's these folks who are trying to grow should be held accountable for the action's. I'm sure that the devs can track who posts what through the identification of IP addresses on the forum, and when that happens I can only hope that accounts are not only deleted - but the individuals who are caught are stripped of access and banned from using company tool as well as the forum. So i ask you this question Cleburne ... would you as a leader yourself - look the other way if you knew individuals were cheating the system or as a dev would you allow it? Would you yourself take advantage... I don't think so.

To reply to the original post, there a lot of false companies and numbers there. I mean if you look how many companies + members curtain organizations claim they have.... And then you see the reality during the events, its laughable! These "organizations" on paper should have hundreds of people they don't.

It is because the company tool has no real use no systems in place to deal with anything you mention, you can manage your guys on TeamSpeak or Discord. Tool does not do anything else then claim a name which in this period of time is just a tag in front of your name nothing more.

CSA Captain

There's also the issue that the companies with "100" members can't easily edit the company tool in a timely manner. If I want to prune the inactive from Company L, if it's 30 guys I'm pruning I could be there for 25 minutes. The whole tool is wildly outdated and clunky.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Could'n there be like a timer? I have just started 1st usss co f. And it is my intention to give it a 3 month deadline. If we are not mustered as a company by then it's not going to happen. And the same could be for formed company? Say profiles that has not been online for a fixed amount of time get their profiles deleted. Then both inactive players and a companys 25+ fake profiles the same.

Cuase I think we can all agree that there is alot of ghost companies out there. There are 4 regular USSS companies left to pick from. But from my experience 2nd USSS Co.H are the only really existing and acting USSS company out there. Just to give one example.
    Last edited by Dane Karlsen; 07-25-2019 at 10:29 AM.

CSA Brigadier General

@Southern totally agree the company tool needs a overhaul and many others also share the same feeling... however I think that tool can be useful for organization and also add a little role play element as it stands. I think it also depends on how companies themselves and commanders use the tool and telegram system. But to your point i rely more so on discord for communication and steam messenger. @LaBelle The task of discharging 25 - 30 in actives by individual clicks is definitely tedious, I've done it! This could point to a possible feature of "pruning" like you would see in a discord server to remove dead weight. @Dane Karlsen Iv'e heard others talk about a deadline for inactivity that would not only remove members who have not logged in to tool for lets say 6 months - but whose effect would also de-muster any unit whose commander has not logged either. It's needed - but other officers within this same company could be active all the time - such as with company recruiters and such - so this would have to extend somehow to company staff. As far as a personal time limit for your muster, I wouldn't cut it to short - it took me about 8 months to claw in 100 volunteers for my 1st unit - the 7th Tennessee, and now with the 14th its been about 4 months and our paper count is 37 ( of witch about 15 - 18 are active). And to your closing statement 100% ghost companies are rampant - there's more then 5 Tennessee companies mustered and I've only seen 1 or 2 members with tags from any in 2 years. Thank you for the posts gents!

USA General of the Army

At this point what does it matter? I highly doubt the CT is going to be integrated into the game at this point because of the number of shadow companies. We raised the issue with unmustered companies holding ownership of a certain unit for years and no one is able to remove them and no one seems interested in cleaning it up. If they ever get to the point where your CT character is tied to your Steam account, or a valid copy of WOR is required to authenticate, that's going to be the only way to get it under control.

Quote Originally Posted by dogofspades View Post
    @Dane Karlsen Iv'e heard others talk about a deadline for inactivity that would not only remove members who have not logged in to tool for lets say 6 months - but whose effect would also de-muster any unit whose commander has not logged either. It's needed - but other officers within this same company could be active all the time - such as with company recruiters and such - so this would have to extend somehow to company staff. As far as a personal time limit for your muster, I wouldn't cut it to short - it took me about 8 months to claw in 100 volunteers for my 1st unit - the 7th Tennessee, and now with the 14th its been about 4 months and our paper count is 37 ( of witch about 15 - 18 are active). And to your closing statement 100% ghost companies are rampant - there's more then 5 Tennessee companies mustered and I've only seen 1 or 2 members with tags from any in 2 years. Thank you for the posts gents!
    Well if the member number go below the needed amount, then the specific company are free for others to choose. Atleast as I understand it. But no matter what is beeing done, it would be nice to see it adressed in the future.

And thank you for the advice. Much apreciated