Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheating Company Tool to Muster Companies

CSA Major

The Company Tool definitely needs a reset. It would probably be best though to link it to a game-key, or something though... otherwise automatically cull inactive companies every month or so.

Quote Originally Posted by dogofspades View Post
    I'm truly sorry ya'll, but this is getting ridiculous on company tool and I think something needs to be done about it. I will not call out individual companies or individuals, but its pretty easy to spot and ya'll don't even try to cover it up. I urge you ALL to stop and reconsider, as this is not only skewing the numbers on company tool, but you are stealing from the entire community - and knocking out smaller companies that have REAL players that would have had the opportunity to muster. I understand the need in some cases, if a company is maxed out and more room is needed for further growth - but to create 10 BS accounts to muster a company as a place holder because you don't want to put the work in or you just don't have the skills is out right thievery. Further to this - it attracts other new potential volunteers and puts everyone at a recruitment disadvantage. The tool was created for all to use fairly - not for people to exploit for there own gains. Anybody else have an opinion?
    Thank you so much brother for bringing this to my attention! i owe you one! Much respect to the supreme commander of Tennessee, Spades!
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    The Company Tool definitely needs a reset. It would probably be best though to link it to a game-key, or something though... otherwise automatically cull inactive companies every month or so.

Leifr/Digby, Trusty Jam, Hinkel or to whom it may appropriate.......

As a long time veteran of this game and the community, and as someone who has never thought his position as a game tester/player(no matter my position as commander of II Corps or Event Coordinator) has had any more warrant or sway over your decisions as a developer than anyone else who has bought the game i have my very first request. My name has been used in dishonest conduct (Nicholas Paioletti is my real name) and has been slandered against. In the Company Tool the companies G, H, K, I, E, D'quins battery A, Washingtons Battery 1 have been all on the same day taken by a [person/group of ppl] that have used my birth name and have taken control of all of these units. They have posted many homophobic, sexist and racist segments within the Descriptions, along with youtube videos of demeaning or less than Christian value pictures and segments. I am requesting you to exterminate those units that are fake and only purpose is to slander my name, the name of my regiment, and the good name of the community of WoR, which is all together a wholesome one and one that does not embarrass itself. Whoever is responsible for making such accounts should be ashamed but, without you personally doing away with these companies it PERSONALLY is an embarrassment to me and all of my unit and II Corps........again, i have never asked for anything as far as game material, maps ect ect..but this is a personal slight against me and i will need your help. Can the companies G, H, K, I, E, D'quins battery A, Washingtons Battery 1 please be cut down as they have purposely taken my regiments companies using my name, slandering about and making a mockery of us? Please let me know what your judgment is in this course and i pray you here me out and not let my units growth to be hindered or my unit to be made a mockery and embarressed in public as it is now.

****6th LA Companies G, H, K, I, E, D'quins battery A, Washingtons Battery 1**** you can delete their presence offically if you so wish. I will contact you once i have those units mustered in real numbers in game. I Currently have an Echo company (E) they are my skimishers but they only stand at 8 active men so i have not yet taken it in the company tool, before the dogs took it and slandered my unit. Please keep in contact and let me know what you think, and i hope your judgement is a fair one.

.....also unless this person or persons have a VPN i would assume you can track thier IP, it would be and interesting but not essential outcome to know who would do this to us, and i would obviously request there accounts, and real accounts to be deemed counterfeit at the minimum or wholesale exterminated. Please help me trusty, this is morally not right and obviously humiliating to my boys on a personal level.
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers

USA 1st Lieutenant

This is really a shame that this is going on, its one thing to disagree with someone, it's another to purposely abuse/misuse the things the devs have used to help us organize. I hope this gets resolved ASAP. This shouldn't be happening guys, it just makes us all look bad as a community. #WeSupportPAIOLETTI

USA Lieutenant General

I know the devs don't want to police the community, but this is crazy. I get why you don't want to get involved with people mustering units out from under a regiment (even though you know that's shady) You can't defend remaining neutral and letting anyone impersonate another company commander. Let them Post sexist, homophobic, racist garbage for the sole purpose of trashing that persons reputation and that of their companies.
    Bare minimum response to this is to delete those companies. If this is the person I think it is, that means this is just one more thing in a long line of toxic events. The devs need to perma ban him off the forums and the game. Don't get me wrong though, I won't hold my breath waiting for any of that to happen.

Please don't just respond on the thread in an attempt to let us know "we've been heard". Don't let this game turn into a troll horde before it even get fully released. Set the precedent now, get rid of the community killers. You guys need to show some action on this.

USA Captain

What has happened to Paioletti is a shame and has been showing a trend that is growing within the War of Rights community, trolling and just flat out being dicks.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverStaples View Post
    I know the devs don't want to police the community, but this is crazy.

Please don't just respond on the thread in an attempt to let us know "we've been heard". Don't let this game turn into a troll horde before it even get fully released. Set the precedent now, get rid of the community killers. You guys need to show some action on this.
    Without more mods within the game, this community will only shrink. Yes, you guys have the funds for years but without a player base, what is the purpose?

#WeSupportPAIOLETTI

This might be the most interesting thread in the entire forum.

USA Captain

I won’t go into a long rant since Deckhart and Emerson already posted. The 9th stands with Paioletti after this terrible tragedy. I believe the devs should clean out the company tool at some point to prevent this from happening to anyone else.

USA Major

I have been around this game almost since its inception and have always known Paiolleti to be a valued member of the community and perhaps the first to form a company before most knew what company tool was.

His name has been slandered and company tool has once again been misused and abused. For those of you who know me well you only need look back at my posts over the past year to know I have been VERY vocal on this topic. Company Tool is broken and needs to be fixed. People who are abusing it in the most serious ways need to made examples of and perma-banned. My friends' good name needs to be restored and he's not looking to duel someone for satisfaction as our Civil War brothers might have done, he's asking you Hinkle, Trusty, Fancy, etc. to do the right thing and once and for all put the effort where it's so desperately needed.

When you really take a hard look at this community it goes back to a handful of strong individuals as some of the founding fathers of units in this game and Paiolleti is one of them. You can't deny his service to this game as an ambassador, a commander and an advocate.

Going back years he's built one of the finest regiments in this game and done it with pride and the 'right way' and he deserves more than he's getting right now from some punk or punks who are only here to be trolls and to do bad.

Racism, biogotry, slander etc. has zero place in this community and if you refuse to police it in extreme cases such as this you are in a sense saying it's okay and you're welcoming people like that into this community and allowing them to setup shop here.

Show us you have our backs devs and do the right thing.
    Last edited by Shiloh; 07-27-2019 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    Racism, biogotry, slander etc. has zero place in this community and if you refuse to police it in extreme cases such as this you are in a sense saying it's okay and you're welcoming people like that into this community and allowing them to setup shop here.

Show us you have our backs devs and do the right thing.
    We do actively delete and ban people faking company numbers and are most certainly not refusing to do so.

The above is going to continously happen (no matter what we do (unlimited VPN's) as there will always be people willing to dedicate hours and hours of their life to make the lives of others hard) as it is tied to emails and not steam keys.

It's not tied to steam keys (also, Early Access customers don't get a steam key, making steam integration even more of a hassle for everyone) because we want the tool to be available for use for everyone - a lot of companies are using/used this feature to get future game owners to sign up on the tool asap (especially in the pre early access testing stages).

- Trusty