Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cheating Company Tool to Muster Companies

Quote Originally Posted by PAIOLETTI View Post
    Leifr/Digby, Trusty Jam, Hinkel or to whom it may appropriate.......

As a long time veteran of this game and the community, and as someone who has never thought his position as a game tester/player(no matter my position as commander of II Corps or Event Coordinator) has had any more warrant or sway over your decisions as a developer than anyone else who has bought the game i have my very first request. My name has been used in dishonest conduct (Nicholas Paioletti is my real name) and has been slandered against. In the Company Tool the companies G, H, K, I, E, D'quins battery A, Washingtons Battery 1 have been all on the same day taken by a [person/group of ppl] that have used my birth name and have taken control of all of these units. They have posted many homophobic, sexist and racist segments within the Descriptions, along with youtube videos of demeaning or less than Christian value pictures and segments. I am requesting you to exterminate those units that are fake and only purpose is to slander my name, the name of my regiment, and the good name of the community of WoR, which is all together a wholesome one and one that does not embarrass itself. Whoever is responsible for making such accounts should be ashamed but, without you personally doing away with these companies it PERSONALLY is an embarrassment to me and all of my unit and II Corps........again, i have never asked for anything as far as game material, maps ect ect..but this is a personal slight against me and i will need your help. Can the companies G, H, K, I, E, D'quins battery A, Washingtons Battery 1 please be cut down as they have purposely taken my regiments companies using my name, slandering about and making a mockery of us? Please let me know what your judgment is in this course and i pray you here me out and not let my units growth to be hindered or my unit to be made a mockery and embarressed in public as it is now.

****6th LA Companies G, H, K, I, E, D'quins battery A, Washingtons Battery 1**** you can delete their presence offically if you so wish. I will contact you once i have those units mustered in real numbers in game. I Currently have an Echo company (E) they are my skimishers but they only stand at 8 active men so i have not yet taken it in the company tool, before the dogs took it and slandered my unit. Please keep in contact and let me know what you think, and i hope your judgement is a fair one.

.....also unless this person or persons have a VPN i would assume you can track thier IP, it would be and interesting but not essential outcome to know who would do this to us, and i would obviously request there accounts, and real accounts to be deemed counterfeit at the minimum or wholesale exterminated. Please help me trusty, this is morally not right and obviously humiliating to my boys on a personal level.
    Thats a shame someone would do such and awful thing! #WeSupportPaioletti

CSA Captain

I know the Devs do not want to "police" but these kind of actions are an abomination. This is not the message we as a community want to send to anyone who hasn't bought the game yet. I can see potential sales being lost from people reading things like that and also I can see it attracting others who will come to this community with the wrong ideas of what this game is all about. Maybe it is time to put some others in charge of cleaning up things like this. Not payed employees but those who will volunteer their time under a directive from the Devs in a signed contract to keep our community free from actions such as this. The right thing to do for the time though would be to take these down from the company tool.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    We do actively delete and ban people faking company numbers and are most certainly not refusing to do so.

The above is going to continously happen (no matter what we do (unlimited VPN's) as there will always be people willing to dedicate hours and hours of their life to make the lives of others hard) as it is tied to emails and not steam keys.

It's not tied to steam keys (also, Early Access customers don't get a steam key, making steam integration even more of a hassle for everyone) because we want the tool to be available for use for everyone - a lot of companies are using/used this feature to get future game owners to sign up on the tool asap (especially in the pre early access testing stages).

- Trusty
    @Trusty

The 'only linked to email' system isn't cutting it I'm afraid :
    • People can make multiple accounts.
    • Random persons can just 'reserve all regiments on CT and fill them with 'fake' accounts.

Can we have some sort of account linked to a purchase, so at least players who bought the game can use CT ?

Reply on :
    "a lot of companies are using/used this feature to get future game owners to sign up on the tool asap"

--> I'm not sure his is no longer needed (the game is 25€ atm) and saying 'I'll buy it later when more content …' is just excuses.

Maybe CT needs a "hard reset' and get everyone back on board, but without some sort of integration in the game I feel it's sadly doesn't fulfill it's true potential.

Also managing without links to 'steam' or an 'account' makes it hard to keep the list up to date :
    - Having a toggle to show 'nicknames' instead of enlisted name would be great (now you have to click every profile)
    - When people change their name it's doesn't update so hard to tell.
    - You can't "promote/assign/set role" in one move, you need to do it separately ..
    - Having some 'timestamp' for owners/officers/admins when someone last logged (sure needs to be linked to the 'game')
    - ….

-> I know 'deleting' accounts is delicate, maybe put old 'inactive' accounts on hold and if they don't 'reclaim' the account in a certain timeframe then delete it ?
    Last edited by Redleader; 07-27-2019 at 04:46 PM.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    @Trusty

The 'only linked to email' system isn't cutting it I'm afraid :
    • People can make multiple accounts.
    • Random persons can just 'reserve all regiments on CT and fill them with 'fake' accounts.

Can we have some sort of account linked to a purchase, so at least players who bought the game can use CT ?

Reply on :
    "a lot of companies are using/used this feature to get future game owners to sign up on the tool asap"

--> I'm not sure his is no longer needed (the game is 25€ atm) and saying 'I'll buy it later when more content …' is just excuses.
    I agree, I would have understand reserving the companies back when the game was still $69 US but since the price has dropped a lot down to $30 with many sales, reserving the companies for later doesnt hold any weight. I would recommend removing companies that have been inactive for a long time or completely resetting the company tool before it is integrated into the game.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I know the Devs do not want to "police" but these kind of actions are an abomination. This is not the message we as a community want to send to anyone who hasn't bought the game yet. I can see potential sales being lost from people reading things like that and also I can see it attracting others who will come to this community with the wrong ideas of what this game is all about. Maybe it is time to put some others in charge of cleaning up things like this. Not payed employees but those who will volunteer their time under a directive from the Devs in a signed contract to keep our community free from actions such as this. The right thing to do for the time though would be to take these down from the company tool.
    We can do our part into :
    • allowing officers from other regiments admin acces to the 'owned' servers.
    • using 'officers chat' to discuss blacklisting certain profiles.
    • keep an eye out
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by PAIOLETTI View Post
    Leifr/Digby, Trusty Jam, Hinkel or to whom it may appropriate.......

As a long time veteran of this game and the community, and as someone who has never thought his position as a game tester/player(no matter my position as commander of II Corps or Event Coordinator) has had any more warrant or sway over your decisions as a developer than anyone else who has bought the game i have my very first request. My name has been used in dishonest conduct (Nicholas Paioletti is my real name) and has been slandered against. In the Company Tool the companies G, H, K, I, E, D'quins battery A, Washingtons Battery 1 have been all on the same day taken by a [person/group of ppl] that have used my birth name and have taken control of all of these units. They have posted many homophobic, sexist and racist segments within the Descriptions, along with youtube videos of demeaning or less than Christian value pictures and segments. I am requesting you to exterminate those units that are fake and only purpose is to slander my name, the name of my regiment, and the good name of the community of WoR, which is all together a wholesome one and one that does not embarrass itself. Whoever is responsible for making such accounts should be ashamed but, without you personally doing away with these companies it PERSONALLY is an embarrassment to me and all of my unit and II Corps........again, i have never asked for anything as far as game material, maps ect ect..but this is a personal slight against me and i will need your help. Can the companies G, H, K, I, E, D'quins battery A, Washingtons Battery 1 please be cut down as they have purposely taken my regiments companies using my name, slandering about and making a mockery of us? Please let me know what your judgment is in this course and i pray you here me out and not let my units growth to be hindered or my unit to be made a mockery and embarressed in public as it is now.

****6th LA Companies G, H, K, I, E, D'quins battery A, Washingtons Battery 1**** you can delete their presence offically if you so wish. I will contact you once i have those units mustered in real numbers in game. I Currently have an Echo company (E) they are my skimishers but they only stand at 8 active men so i have not yet taken it in the company tool, before the dogs took it and slandered my unit. Please keep in contact and let me know what you think, and i hope your judgement is a fair one.

.....also unless this person or persons have a VPN i would assume you can track thier IP, it would be and interesting but not essential outcome to know who would do this to us, and i would obviously request there accounts, and real accounts to be deemed counterfeit at the minimum or wholesale exterminated. Please help me trusty, this is morally not right and obviously humiliating to my boys on a personal level.
    It's really a shame thing like this are happening to this community. What happened to Paioletti must be fixed, and prevented from happening again in the future.

USA Lieutenant General

I sent messages out to the appropriate people. I am trying to get this issue taking care of but it is indeed a huge issue.

-Kyle

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post
    Wow. A troll putting so much effort into doing that is strange . . . It's both bizarre and saddening at the same time.

This community does seem to attract malicious trolls who delight in stirring the pot, especially given the game's subject matter.
    I think it's more so to do with the heavy organization and ranks, etc. featured in this game as well as the game mechanics that try to nudge people into playing as a team that is seen as a juicy target by the trolls.

Of course, being able to drop a few n-bombs while one is trying to disrupt any sort of organized team play to provocate people is likely tempting to their sort (primarily just immature adults or kids) as well.

- Trusty

CSA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by [5thFL(B)] Cpt. Carroll View Post
    This might be the most interesting thread in the entire forum.
    I'm glad this is entertaining to you and seriously cant believe that you thought it was a good idea to make a comment like this when you yourself are just as guilty as the people or persons who messed with Paioletti. I'm sure your "recruits" Samuel Adams, TJ DeLaughter, Jim Bean, Brian Meeker, Chris Soper, Zach Morrison, Jerry Thomas Andrews and William Zatana who miraculously deserted the " 7th Tennessee Company B" 3/9/19(that you created without my knowledge) and joined the "5th Florida B" to " Muster"3/9/19 the same day would agree with me. You owe the entire community an apology, you should be banned from the tool and forum and if I had my way, I would personally refund your $60.00 and tell you to kick rocks.
    Last edited by dogofspades; 07-27-2019 at 11:00 PM.