Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Lower Class Restrictions

Lower Class Restrictions

Drill Camp

Remove all restrictions on how many people can pick officer and nco, it's annoying when officers of multiple companies are unable to pick the same regiment.

Skirmishes and Picket Patrol

It would be nice if the game allowed 3 officers per regiment for a total of 6 officers per side. 2 Lieutenants can be chosen and one final officer who can either choose Captain, Lt. Col., or Col.

I don't care that much about the Skirmishes and Picket Patrol suggestion, but I think removing restrictions on Drill Camp would be nice.

CSA Captain

+1!
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

+1.

There is a reason, why we placed the officer limitation in the past (ramboing officers and such).
    But with new restrictions for officers like being "in formation" for example, we will have a look at it again soon or later.

Since the same regiment file is used for the skirmish maps as well as the drill camp maps, its not possible to raise the limit there that easy.

But we have no intension to remove the limits completely. Otherwise it might look strange, if 15 officers are leading 60 privates into combat
    It might look different with the integration of the company tool.
    Last edited by Hinkel; 07-25-2019 at 03:04 PM.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    But we have no intension to remove the limits completely. Otherwise it might look strange, if 15 officers are leading 60 privates into combat
    It might look different with the integration of the company tool.
    Allow people to form companies, as soon as a certain number of players join it, then the owner can spawn as an officer.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Sox View Post
    Allow people to form companies, as soon as a certain number of players join it, then the owner can spawn as an officer.
    That would be nice.

USA Lieutenant General

Completely agree!

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post
    ….
    Yes, including the restriction to toggle on/off Friendly Fire on Drill Camp.
    Well drill servers used to be only public and in those days it made sense that no random person could show up and wreck havoc.
    The downside is you couldn't do a "live fire" drill, with password protected servers it's possible to arrange such practices.

+1 Maybe a toggle might be good (for drill and mustering maps)
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    Since the same regiment file is used for the skirmish maps as well as the drill camp maps, its not possible to raise the limit there that easy.
    Copy/Paste/Re-name and re-map.

This is something we've been requesting for awhile now as our communities have grown in size.

We understand the reasoning behind it within Skirmishes/Battle Mode.

The friendly fire disable would also be nice within drill camps for different scenarios.