Thread: synchronisation

USA Brigadier General

synchronisation

Hello!

we had a drill some minutes ago. My Lieutenant led the unit away but for me he was still standing next to me. Well, thats more or less a common problem but for the first time i was able to hit them and thats critical I think.

Here he stands next to me at the flags after i shot him:

and here he was for all other guys and where he got hit:

1. thats in the other direction and he had the whole unit between me and him.

From a technical perspective i am interested how this even was possible? I suppose that the server checks if there is something or is the completely handled on the client which sends a message that he killed player x?

Or how does this work?

Thanks for reply

PS: The Sergeant Major of the 52nd is buggy. He cant change from sword to rifle.
    Last edited by Maximus Decimus Meridius; 08-09-2019 at 08:30 PM.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Hello,

You were likely partially disconnected from the game session.

It might also be due to him not having moved at all after you joined the server as clients will sometimes only send info for the server when they actually do something (in order to optimize server load).

All sergeant majors can change from sword to rifle. It just takes a bit of patience and possibly a few tries.

- Trusty

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

It might also be due to him not having moved at all after you joined the server as clients will sometimes only send info for the server when they actually do something (in order to optimize server load).
    I stood there and watched them marching away and while they marched he was right next to me and I was able to shot and hit him, while he marched away with the unit.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post

All sergeant majors can change from sword to rifle. It just takes a bit of patience and possibly a few tries.
    I never had problems with other ones just with "ours". You dont like us and destroyed him :P

even with spaming or waiting for several minutes he refuses to switch :/

thanks for reply
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02