Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Audio bug lags game to kingdom come & a temporary fix for any who have it.

USA Sergeant

Audio bug lags game to kingdom come & a temporary fix for any who have it.

I have encountered an audio bug on my gaming laptop that renders the game unplayable. Every 20-ish seconds the audio distorts beyond recognition, and the game freezes entirely. This lasts for about 5 seconds, returns to normal for 20 seconds, then starts again. Interestingly the bug does not appear to occur on empty drill servers. It will occur on occupied drill servers though. I haven't checked picket patrol. Below is a video of a similar bug in Squad if a further idea of what is going on is needed.

After several days I did find a rather complex fix. Every time you want to play WoR you have to completely uninstall and reinstall all of your audio drivers. This is every time you exit the application not every time you turn your computer on.

Specs:

HP Laptop
    CPU: Quad Core Ryzen 5
    GPU: Radeon Vega 8
    RAM: 8 GB DDR4

Pvt. William J. Sadowski

message me and ill see what we can come up with i have found that turning down your in game sound settings fix a lot of the audio issues

also make sure you disable your other out puts and make sure your headset is good for 3d sounds and stuff like that or let me know how you have you headset or mic set up

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Set your sound system to default in windows.

Are you happen to use Realtek? They are known to cause issues with games, try disabling it, and play the game and see if it makes any difference, you can buy a good audio card for like 30/40 bucks these days.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    I use realtek set as default with zero issues.

CSA Sergeant

I also use reltek...No issues

USA Sergeant

I use Realtek generally. I did try using the windows sound drivers but the bug persisted.

Pvt. William J. Sadowski

make sure you don't have 3 audio outputs trying to run at the same time disable anyones your not using and

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Nightfire View Post
    Are you happen to use Realtek? They are known to cause issues with games, try disabling it, and play the game and see if it makes any difference, you can buy a good audio card for like 30/40 bucks these days. google street view
    This works, having no stuttering issues after doing this