Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Dear developers. A collection of community suggestions

More Admin Control

When playing within an event at times i may get rubber banding issues or lag spikes during melee and i understand that can be my issue or server issue. But during those times lag can cause a lot of Team killing, or Team Damage. It would be extremely helpful if the server admin has the power to undo temporary bans because i got temporary banned for 6 hours during an event and i wasn't trying to intentionally do team damage during the charge but the computer knows best in this instance so please if we can allow admins control over server bans and such that would be great thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by zignago16 View Post
    When playing within an event at times i may get rubber banding issues or lag spikes during melee and i understand that can be my issue or server issue. But during those times lag can cause a lot of Team killing, or Team Damage. It would be extremely helpful if the server admin has the power to undo temporary bans because i got temporary banned for 6 hours during an event and i wasn't trying to intentionally do team damage during the charge but the computer knows best in this instance so please if we can allow admins control over server bans and such that would be great thank you!
    Admins can unban but it requires them to get the steam64 id of the banned person (which is hard to do in the middle of the event) or they need to access the banlist.json file on their servers ftp and delete you from the banlist (this requires them to restart the server and thus end or restart the event)

TLDR: They have the ability to unban currently it is just a difficult process (not the devs fault) to unban in the middle of an event

Longstreet's I Corps
    1st Brigade Commanding Officer

I believe with the last Nerf to final push it is quite balanced. Especially on larger maps the attackers have about time for one larger coordinated attacks and then alittle time to clear the stragglers . The only imbalance that is present with final push and last stand is that alot of times not all of the defenders get to respawn for Last Stand and this feels kinda cheap. I believe if you die within 30 seconds of Last Spawn going up you should get to spawn. I am also not a fan of how being forced to hold the point on last stand with how small points are in WOR. If the attacker is not in Final push you will always end up just getting shot to death before one giant charge. I would like to see this restriction removed or better yet the last stand area of play for the defender be expanded a bit or alot in some cases. Overall I feel endgame mechanics are needed to keep skirmish mode dynamic and interesting as it is just meant to hold us over until the large Historical Mode comes out which will most likely not have end games events because everything will just already organically be in the game.
    Longstreet's I Corps

5th Texas Infantry CO

CSA Lieutenant General

Hello Everyone,As a representative of “The German Volunteers” staff and administration, I would like to extend the TGV`s most sincere gratitude to the entirety of the War of Rights community for their fantastic support and engagement for the ideas we proposed in this post.

There have been some amazing suggestions already and we are sure that this discussion and debate will continue to thrive. Additionally, we would like to extend our enormous gratitude to the development team who have been so very receptive and willing to engage with our community on many of the points raised in this post.

We have noticed that recently the debate has become somewhat heated with public players and event-based players each making good arguments for their preferred playstyle.

We as the TGV understand the concerns of public players who of course do not want to be neglected in future updates and gameplay changes and just wanted to make sure that we let you know that we appreciate your efforts and that we support the idea of enhancing public play.

In return we also hope that you understand and can tolerate our interest in a more event-based formula, the two of which are not mutually exclusive.

We have been known to have open drill sessions and public play sessions which we intend to expand and utilize more often to engage more actively with the public player community.

I hope we can find an effective way of combining the public player suggestions and concerns with the ones we and other Company players have brought forward to the developers already to make this game and enjoyable experience for both.

We would request though, that the discussion remains civil as otherwise neither group will be heard by the developers and neither side will enjoy the rewards for their efforts to make this game better.

Sincerely,“The German Volunteers” Community, Administration and Staff
    HURRA Boys hurra r up with the UEC and the TGV

Not sure if this was already mentioned in here and I missed it, but having the ability to change your name in game would help regiments out significantly in my opinion. When you have a full tag system, not all members particularly want to change their entire Steam name to be regimental tags, and the option of creating the file to do so inside your save game can be a bit of a hassle. An easy renaming feature for regimental tags would simply the process of bringing new members into regiments, creating a better retention rate for new users in the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Merchaun View Post
    Not sure if this was already mentioned in here and I missed it, but having the ability to change your name in game would help regiments out significantly in my opinion. When you have a full tag system, not all members particularly want to change their entire Steam name to be regimental tags, and the option of creating the file to do so inside your save game can be a bit of a hassle. An easy renaming feature for regimental tags would simply the process of bringing new members into regiments, creating a better retention rate for new users in the community.
    This feature currently exists, it affects the in game name quickly but takes a round or two to be reflected in the tab list. It's a command line thing; if you search the forums for server commands you can find the thread that details it. Hope this helps.

Longstreet's I Corps
    1st Brigade Commanding Officer

USA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Drax View Post
    This feature currently exists, it affects the in game name quickly but takes a round or two to be reflected in the tab list. It's a command line thing; if you search the forums for server commands you can find the thread that details it. Hope this helps.
    I believe he means as a field in the Settings/Options screen as opposed to the cl_nickname command line.

CSA Captain

Steam names currently refresh in game.
    Currahee!

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post
    I believe he means as a field in the Settings/Options screen as opposed to the cl_nickname command line.
    Correct, a simple and easy method where a permanent in-game name can be set specifically for War of Rights, an option in the settings menu for instance.

USA Brigadier General

something we completely missed on the list:

leaning would also be a great function. leaning at least to the right. this would make playing in formation easier, as the back rank would not have to move to the right to shoot and back at the shoulder arms command.

a simple function, which would prevent some frustration by desync.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02