Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: Dear developers. A collection of community suggestions

Hence why I said experienced officers, as you are aware the current system allows the Rambo and the troll to abuse the system and get away with it

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Drax View Post
    This functionality is already in game with privately owned servers through the server moderation and admin functions. If it were put on public servers it is quite likely it would be abused.
    But what if there were a system where players chose their officer and willingly submitted to their leadership including giving the right to be disciplined, grabbed, pulled by their officer or NCOs appointed by him, or even temp banned? FaceRotate.gif

Presumably players would be wise enough to diverge from an officer who was an issue or abused their authority, since they'd have the freedom to do so and begin associating with another leader at any given time. You would just need a significant cooldown time on an officer who temp banned someone so one couldn't temp ban a whole bunch of guys. Increase the officer's minimum death time for out-of-line deaths, the period prior to entering the spawn queue (except for TKs) and you could remove the obnoxious desertion penalty on officers as well since players wouldn't facilitate an absentee officer for long. Not that bad of idea, reminds me of my first-ever server concept. Of course I can't even display the rules for my server in any fashion to the public so how the hell could I experiment with any of that.

Obviously it's a terrible idea while the officer role remains a role that is taken by any player who grabs it first and used in any imaginable way that a player wants to without any feedback from any other player. A role like that barely merits existence let alone new powers.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 12-17-2019 at 08:50 PM.
    Suggestion: Formations, Suppression, Spawning, Leadership https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqPsbvyD8s

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

The public play of this game should not be used to force non unit players to play like units... If players want that gameplay they join one of the many units. This game was advertised as "follow the officer or don't"

If you want a game with a system to vote for officer or leader positions there are plenty of them in the market like Verdun...

Longstreet's I Corps
    1st Brigade Commanding Officer

The public play of this game should not be used to force non unit players to play like units... If players want that gameplay they join one of the many units. This game was advertised as "follow the officer or don't"
    I agree. That's the basis of what I'm pushing for. Follow the officer. Or don't. And if you don't then he's not an really officer is he? We're just freeing up the officer role for someone respectable then aren't we. wink.gif

If you want a game with a system to vote for officer or leader positions there are plenty of them in the market like Verdun...
    So you're saying it's doable.
    Suggestion: Formations, Suppression, Spawning, Leadership https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cZqPsbvyD8s

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Or they play public servers only because they can't/won't commit to the duties of a regiment. Since usually my regiment scheduled events are mostly on weekends, I'd gladly play some public games in the week days. However, knowing for a fact that they're like playing lottery, and you'll only have a decent skilled officer when you're very lucky, and most of the times it'll be a rambo, troll, music on the speakers, random charges fest, for me it's a thanks but no thanks.

I don't know why anybody would pay for WoR only to not play it like a unit, being a game TOTALLY focused on that playstyle. But I do can imagine people leaving the game after experiencing a few public games which weren't at all what they had imagined the game would be. There is a reson why most Youtube videos on the game feature cool, disciplined, regiment games, and not anarchic public games.
    Last edited by A. Bravo; 12-27-2019 at 11:36 AM.