Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Dear developers. A collection of community suggestions

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Tyler28256 View Post
    With crouch I think if enough people are directly next to each other it should count as being information. It makes it a lot harder to defend a position with a low wall (for example Anderson's Counterattack) when your only good cover is so low. Maybe if you make it so 10-15 have to directly next to each other crouching for it to be classified as information.

One other thing i'd like to see added is the ability to go prone. It was not uncommon for the regiment to go prone. This can lead to better defense stealth or obtaining better cover when pinned down. You can balance this by not allowing those who go prone to fire or if you do allow them to fire (which in some cases they most certainly did) make the reload process double or triple the normal length for example. You can also give a higher ticket reduction for those who die prone.
    I like the idea of have the ability to go prone with the trade off of firing and having to reload standing/kneeling or no firing whatsoever. Those who would go in prone could even be classified as out of line instead of skirmishing to make it even more of a high risk high reward tactic. Prone was also used by units who were held and reserve or holding a position to avoid taking serious casualties from artillery shells and this would be very helpful when artillery does come out for War of Rights.

for vankovski
    Last edited by Saris; 08-30-2019 at 05:49 AM.
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Captain

The following is just my opinion.

1) Desync Issues: The desync has been horrible of late with entire sections of the unit being invisible to numerous players or large sections of a unit remaining “frozen in place” for players despite the players being able to move around freely. Synchronizing character speed properly would also be appreciated as to avoid weird issues with officers and enlisted men running (at the double quick) at different speeds.
    This is paramount to the game's continued well-being and should be priority number one for the short term.

2), 4), 6), 12), 19)
    Likewise as above, combat mechanics in general should be priority number two.

3) Map Tool: Include a simple map (could even be a sketch) for the Officer class to allow for more planning. Implement simple drawing and writing tools for the officer to enable them to draw out plans etc. for other Officers in their vicinity. Once departed from one another, map updates should only be possible through either a) officers meeting on the field again (if near each other (about 20 meters or so) map will automatically update) or b) a designated courier class that can run between units (similar mechanic to the officer, if in a 20 meters radius around the officer the map will automatically update).
    Relatively inane, as we're "supposed" to be field officers no higher than Colonels. Pulling out a map in the middle of combat isn't something we should be worrying about, practically speaking.

8) More Units per Skirmish Area: Allow us to have more than 2 active units (on each side) on each skirmish map. The two unit maximum arbitrarily limits and hinders gameplay and strategy as flanking manoeuvres and clever tactics rely on diversion and skirmishing movements, which can only be done through distinct units executing these tasks. Giving us the ability to have 3 or 4 units on the field, each with a flag and officer class would greatly enhance gameplay experience for everyone and would finally make large organized events more fun and enjoyable.
    I support the idea of more unit freedom, but how would this effect flag spawns?

9) Officer Spawn: Officers and NCO`s should be prioritized in the spawn que of the Company Flag. A Company without its officer is aimless and leaderless.
    Yes, without question.

10) Weapon Selection: Enable the weapon selection system and implement the resource system that will be attached to it (limited numbers of certain weapons etc.) This e.g. would allow us to form distinct skirmisher companies equipped reliably with rifles and lead charges and all out assaults with more appropriate weaponry (e.g. Buck and Ball muskets etc.)
    Yes, so long as the limited selection(of some sort)mechanic is brought about with it.

11) Crouched Movement: Enable players to move while crouched. This should be very slow though as to balance out this ability on the overall battlefield.
    This is a tough one, because I'd love to be able to do it in game but...it's very difficult to do in real life with a loaded kit and a musket. Maybe it would drain stamina faster than sprinting?

15) Last Push and Final Stand mechanic: Needs a serious rework as the attackers with unlimited tickets usually carry the day with this mechanic if they don’t act like complete fools. Additionally, forcing every defending player into a tiny restricted area in their Last Stand with 0 reinforcements coming in further facilitates the attacker’s job. Instead of having a glorious last stand it usually becomes a mass execution of the defenders as they have no ability to manoeuvre or really fight back as they have no more resources to throw into the fight and often no where to seek cover or shelter from the onslaught.
    God, please. Pleeeeease. Do something about Final Push and Last Stand.

16) Capture Point Mechanic Rework: Defending or attacking the same capture point repeatedly becomes rather stale after a while (considering that certain American event Hosts have tried to disable capture points in their community events kind of proves that point). Instead maybe a frontline mechanic like Verdun, Hell Let Loose etc. would make matches more interesting when they develop an attack, counter attack dynamic, something that is barely possible with the current game design. Alternatively, instead of having the defenders loose instantly once the capture point has been taken give the defending team a limited time window (e.g. 5 minutes or so) for one last counterattack which could turn the tide again. This would make for a tenser gameplay experience. On the other hand, this would solve the absurd situations many attackers and defenders find themselves when attacking the capture point at a late point in the game and loosing the match because the capture point was only captured 99% before the match timer ran out. This is not how War works and should be adjusted as it leads to incredible frustration on both sides. Of course, these additional 5 minutes should also be granted to the Attacking team should the Defenders re-take the point at the end of a match (though this should be the last time this additional time is added to ensure the game does not drag on for too long. On certain maps, maybe the inclusion of more than one capture point (or at least randomized capture points as to avoid the same old battle every time until the larger more historic battle mode releases) would make battles more interesting and engaging and would allow for more tactical variety.
    A little randomness could go a long way. Yes.

18) Trust in the Community: We are aware and understand that this game is your baby dear developers, but we have only given you love and support since the Kickstarter campaign and believe that we deserve some respect and trust in return for getting you this far. We all want this game to succeed as much as you do as we have invested significant amounts of time and money in this game and the growth of our community. Give us the tools to ensure the longevity of the game. We pay large sums of money for the game servers and would like to have more control over the events that we host. Give us the ability to turn of certain features (e.g. capture points, moral mechanic etc.) so that we can build and create the events that we would like to play. We understand that you want the public to experience the game as you developed it but for a dedicated community that has supported you all this way since day one, the game begins to grow stale simply because of the lack of options and choices in how we can create and design our events. To ensure that the public will experience this game as you intended and developed it (without risks of being unbalanced etc.) we suggest that these custom game modes are only playable on password locked servers. This would give us the freedom to create the events we want and gives you, the developers the tools to ensure that the public does not have to suffer through our three-hour unlimited tickets, no capture points bullshit events. We have been playing this game from its barely working Alpha state up to now and still deal with all the games quirks and issues because we love it and support you. We are in for the long run, help us ensure that we get to stay and experience this amazing game for as long as possible.
    Y'all know my stance. No further comment.

Solid write-up. Looking forward to seeing what it brings about.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

CSA Lieutenant General

Here you have the War of Rights Steam Charts from the beginning to today

https://steamcharts.com/app/424030#All

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Drax View Post
    While a lot if these idea in theory are good ideas many would be extremely difficult or impossible to implement in the current game engine. And if a suggestion to change or upgrade engines was to be made that would be financially irresponsible not to mention wipe out years of work. Some of your ideas could be implemented but a lot of the priority lately has been performance and stability and removing blockers towards historical mode release.
    I have to disagree with you on this one. Yes, some of the game play alterations (e.g. resource system, stretcher bearer etc.) suggested are difficult or impossible to implement currently yet the broad focus is on more reasonable fixes such as animation optimization, fixing the terrible desync issues this game has had in recent months or indeed reworks of gameplay mechanics already in the game which is not an impossible task. But primarily it is stated several times that this is supposed to spark a conversation within the community to get the best of these ideas and concepts delivered to the developers. We are just one community with limited resources and members that have different levels of knowledge about game design and development yet we still thought we put our ideas out there because we love this game to death and want to do what we can to help the developers make this game even more fantastic <3. Thanks for reading my comment and have a great day.

CSA Lieutenant General

Dear developers make game great again

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    I like the idea of have the ability to go prone with the trade off of firing and having to reload standing/kneeling or no firing whatsoever. Those who would go in prone could even be classified as out of line instead of skirmishing to make it even more of a high risk high reward tactic. Prone was also used by units who were held and reserve or holding a position to avoid taking serious casualties from artillery shells and this would be very helpful when artillery does come out for War of Rights.

for vankovski
    2:28

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny Walker View Post
    Here you have the War of Rights Steam Charts from the beginning to today

https://steamcharts.com/app/424030#All
    Infantry combat should have been the priority until it was set right. Just because people can painstakingly stage fan videos doesn't mean the gameplay is stellar. If it was stellar then people would play it. The locked server mentality will become more prevalent over time further exacerbating playability. I really don't see a lot of people interested or focused on the same level of critical analysis that I am.

There are very obvious problems with scoring hits on players near trees and even bushes. Anyone with more manpower and resources should be able to do some basic tests on the problem areas of the maps, of which there are many. The problem with fences serving as uber-protection was like a giant red clown nose on the game before some reforms.

The team morale system is nonsensical. The end-of-round events are nonsensical. Leaving badly-needed leader positions up for grabs is nonsensical. All things critical to the game experience.

I need to form a realism coalition before it's too late

papy.gif
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

USA General of the Army

The end of round events are the number one reason I no longer play this game anymore. I got so fed up with the meta of Final Push turning into a zerg fest with absolutely no rationale behind it or any sort of sane mentality justifying it. Saying you want players to understand they are about to loose is one thing, but implementing a terrible match changing mechanic to do this was a horrible idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    The end of round events are the number one reason I no longer play this game anymore. I got so fed up with the meta of Final Push turning into a zerg fest with absolutely no rationale behind it or any sort of sane mentality justifying it. Saying you want players to understand they are about to loose is one thing, but implementing a terrible match changing mechanic to do this was a horrible idea.
    Final Push was reduced in time by 33% in the last update - I'd invite you to give it a go and post your experience with the current setup, thank you.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

Judging from the feedback of a few others in this thread, it doesn't sound like 33% was enough. But, I will try it again this weekend if I'm able. The big issue with it is it so jarring to have a match that is being played one way turn into a match that is being played completely different. Final Push isn't a desperation act its throwing enough meat into the grinder to make a sausage. I still think using multiple objectives would be a better alternative.