Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 78910 LastLast

Thread: Dear developers. A collection of community suggestions

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post

Look at who even uploaded the video.
    Hah :P Never expected it to get so many views. It was uploaded about a month after we had started working on WoR.

- Trusty

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Whatever would we do without Hollywood movies?

USA Captain

Regarding Morale - I think it'd be best if both, Last Push and Final Stand, resulted in both sides being down to a 1-life scenario. It's a tad ridiculous for the Defenders (on either side) when they're forced to defend a point on Last Stand while the Enemy is at Final Push, because the Attackers can, and will, just swarm point until it's taken, or everyone is dead. It'd only make it more fair, and intense, if both sides in this scenario went down to single life only. Furthermore, the Attackers have just been Broken, why do they just have SWARMS of reinforcements arriving? If they're broken, wouldn't they be retreating, or pulling back? Therefore, wouldn't the few men remaining be the ONLY men left? Just a thought.

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by Red_DG View Post
    Regarding Morale - I think it'd be best if both, Last Push and Final Stand, resulted in both sides being down to a 1-life scenario. It's a tad ridiculous for the Defenders (on either side) when they're forced to defend a point on Last Stand while the Enemy is at Final Push, because the Attackers can, and will, just swarm point until it's taken, or everyone is dead. It'd only make it more fair, and intense, if both sides in this scenario went down to single life only. Furthermore, the Attackers have just been Broken, why do they just have SWARMS of reinforcements arriving? If they're broken, wouldn't they be retreating, or pulling back? Therefore, wouldn't the few men remaining be the ONLY men left? Just a thought.
    It's a good idea. That would make it really more interesting.

One thing I would like to see is a "experienced Officer" have the means to ban rambos and total trolls etc, but only from that event scenario. time and again the frustration and an action plan is ruined by these players can be felt by all, this would improve game play not just for the experienced officer (that is trying their best) but also for the other players

Quote Originally Posted by Oldsod View Post
    One thing I would like to see is a "experienced Officer" have the means to ban rambos and total trolls etc, but only from that event scenario. time and again the frustration and an action plan is ruined by these players can be felt by all, this would improve game play not just for the experienced officer (that is trying their best) but also for the other players
    This functionality is already in game with privately owned servers through the server moderation and admin functions. If it were put on public servers it is quite likely it would be abused.

Hence why I said experienced officers, as you are aware the current system allows the Rambo and the troll to abuse the system and get away with it

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Drax View Post
    This functionality is already in game with privately owned servers through the server moderation and admin functions. If it were put on public servers it is quite likely it would be abused.
    But what if there were a system where players chose their officer and willingly submitted to their leadership including giving the right to be disciplined, grabbed, pulled by their officer or NCOs appointed by him, or even temp banned? FaceRotate.gif

Presumably players would be wise enough to diverge from an officer who was an issue or abused their authority, since they'd have the freedom to do so and begin associating with another leader at any given time. You would just need a significant cooldown time on an officer who temp banned someone so one couldn't temp ban a whole bunch of guys. Increase the officer's minimum death time for out-of-line deaths, the period prior to entering the spawn queue (except for TKs) and you could remove the obnoxious desertion penalty on officers as well since players wouldn't facilitate an absentee officer for long. Not that bad of idea, reminds me of my first-ever server concept. Of course I can't even display the rules for my server in any fashion to the public so how the hell could I experiment with any of that.

Obviously it's a terrible idea while the officer role remains a role that is taken by any player who grabs it first and used in any imaginable way that a player wants to without any feedback from any other player. A role like that barely merits existence let alone new powers.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 12-17-2019 at 08:50 PM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

The public play of this game should not be used to force non unit players to play like units... If players want that gameplay they join one of the many units. This game was advertised as "follow the officer or don't"

If you want a game with a system to vote for officer or leader positions there are plenty of them in the market like Verdun...

The public play of this game should not be used to force non unit players to play like units... If players want that gameplay they join one of the many units. This game was advertised as "follow the officer or don't"
    I agree. That's the basis of what I'm pushing for. Follow the officer. Or don't. And if you don't then he's not an really officer is he? We're just freeing up the officer role for someone respectable then aren't we. wink.gif

If you want a game with a system to vote for officer or leader positions there are plenty of them in the market like Verdun...
    So you're saying it's doable.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n