Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 128

Thread: 17-09-2019 Forty-Third Field Report: Artillery Progress Update

  1. #41

    USA General of the Army

    A. P. Hill's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Posts
    3,263
    The information for artillery is freely offered online - All one has to do is look and read.

  2. #42
    I'm assuming that the different artillery pieces will have different ballistics and projectiles, so say the rifles won’t be as effective with cannister as the smoothbores (or even very limited use of cannister to avoid messing up the rifling)? Probably didn’t need to ask this since you guys have done a very detailed job with the other elements of the game! But as an artillery re-enactor I’m looking forward to this update.

  3. #43

    USA General of the Army

    Oleander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    640
    Will artillery be in game before the end of this year?

  4. #44

    CSA Major

    McMuffin's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    Reluctantly in Maryland
    Posts
    750
    Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    Will artillery be in game before the end of this year?
    In addition, will it be a notable priority in fixing/maintaning/updating or will other things come before it?
    The chances are by the time you have finished typing a long response to my post, I have changed half of the original post.

  5. #45
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Spud View Post
    I'm assuming that the different artillery pieces will have different ballistics and projectiles, so say the rifles won’t be as effective with cannister as the smoothbores (or even very limited use of cannister to avoid messing up the rifling)? Probably didn’t need to ask this since you guys have done a very detailed job with the other elements of the game! But as an artillery re-enactor I’m looking forward to this update.
    Yes there will be different ballistics and projectiles based on what kind of cannon you're using. Currently, however we're focusing on getting the 3-inch ordinance game ready.

    Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    Will artillery be in game before the end of this year?
    We hope so but no guarantees!

    Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    In addition, will it be a notable priority in fixing/maintaning/updating or will other things come before it?
    I'd be extremely surprised if the initial implementation of artillery didn't require quite a bit of fixes.

    - Trusty

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Yes there will be different ballistics and projectiles based on what kind of cannon you're using. Currently, however we're focusing on getting the 3-inch ordinance game ready.

    - Trusty
    Thank you, I'll keep my thumb stall ready...

  7. #47

    USA General of the Army

    Oleander's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2016
    Posts
    640

  8. #48

    CSA Captain

    Dutchconfederate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Den Haag / The Hague
    Posts
    372
    december is almost upon us any view on the artillery progress will we see that before the year ends?
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/699085729942208593/720251201278705674/pelhams-sig.png

  9. #49
    WoR-Dev TrustyJam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    5,020
    Quote Originally Posted by Dutchconfederate View Post
    december is almost upon us any view on the artillery progress will we see that before the year ends?
    We don't know yet. This week we've been seeing a major programming related blocker related to the proxy of the cannon when pushed resolved so progress is being made.

    We might end up releasing a more detailed status report to you all if the initial artillery release is not ready at the end of the year.

    - Trusty

  10. #50

    CSA Captain

    Dutchconfederate's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2016
    Location
    Den Haag / The Hague
    Posts
    372
    Good to know you have solved a large issue and thanks for your reply, hope we can try out the Artillery this year but yes a detailed status, if a release is not reachable, is also welcomed.
    https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/699085729942208593/720251201278705674/pelhams-sig.png

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •