Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: 17-09-2019 Forty-Third Field Report: Artillery Progress Update

What about the troll Zoorik who is tking in the servers with multiple accounts Trusty? https://steamcommunity.com/app/42403...2073617775454/

Quote Originally Posted by Sgt.Nightfire View Post
    What about the troll Zoorik who is tking in the servers with multiple accounts Trusty? https://steamcommunity.com/app/42403...2073617775454/
    We’re fixing that exploit as well - Thanks for the reports.

- Trusty

I am sorry if this has already been asked but what weapons will the artillery crew be receiving. I would imagine the officer gets a pistol but what about the enlisted and the NCO class.

RhettVito
    Quote Originally Posted by Draco8x25 View Post
    I am sorry if this has already been asked but what weapons will the artillery crew be receiving. I would imagine the officer gets a pistol but what about the enlisted and the NCO class.
    Artillery class should not really have any weapons besides their implements that I'm sure will be able to be used as a weapon in worst case scenario.

USA Captain

Historically they had short swords and NCOs would have a saber version.

Quote Originally Posted by RhettVito View Post
    Artillery class should not really have any weapons besides their implements that I'm sure will be able to be used as a weapon in worst case scenario.
    Those were more for killing the horses or finishing them off rather than fighting off enemy. If they get close enough to use those things then the crew usually already made a mistake by staying there - all their horses are probably dead and they'd be dead in the water.

It's another problem with representing artillery. How do you represent the urgent need to not lose or sacrifice your guns in the game? That should certainly factor into the score. I'm pretty positive a significant use of artillery will be crews loading a whole bunch of pieces and then hiding back to come forward to fire canister shots at ideal times instead of operating like an artillery section and being highly concerned about their pieces being lost. Crews held losing cannons as worse than infantry regiments held losing flags, hence the need to be able to displace their guns and move them around.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I'm pretty positive a significant use of artillery will be crews loading a whole bunch of pieces and then hiding back to come forward to fire canister shots at ideal times instead of operating like an artillery section and being highly concerned about their pieces being lost.
    Quit reading my playbook!!

Quote Originally Posted by RhettVito View Post
    If the artillery crew do not have any weapons one or two enemies could kill all of them. In my opinion they should at least get a musket or sword. All this does is make it so they aren't easy pickings and can defend themselves if a few rambos get to them.

CSA Captain

How do you represent the urgent need to not lose or sacrifice your guns in the game?
    If the ability is given to disable them after capture, that would be an urgent need

If the artillery crew do not have any weapons one or two enemies could kill all of them
    Not if the infantry is guarding them with some guys, I guess that will be needed on some maps
    " ...it appears the Virginia Military Institute will be heard from today."

With virtue as our beacon. Our cause is charged as treason, Battle worn and starving. Through the hell of war we'll keep marching. The birth of our new nation
    - Iced Earth

RhettVito
    It would be really nice if the artillery could actually be destroyed. Hopefully that would be one feature that might be added one day.