Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: 17-09-2019 Forty-Third Field Report: Artillery Progress Update

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    The information for artillery is freely offered online - All one has to do is look and read.

I'm assuming that the different artillery pieces will have different ballistics and projectiles, so say the rifles won’t be as effective with cannister as the smoothbores (or even very limited use of cannister to avoid messing up the rifling)? Probably didn’t need to ask this since you guys have done a very detailed job with the other elements of the game! But as an artillery re-enactor I’m looking forward to this update.

USA General of the Army

Will artillery be in game before the end of this year?

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    In addition, will it be a notable priority in fixing/maintaning/updating or will other things come before it?

Quote Originally Posted by Spud View Post
    I'm assuming that the different artillery pieces will have different ballistics and projectiles, so say the rifles won’t be as effective with cannister as the smoothbores (or even very limited use of cannister to avoid messing up the rifling)? Probably didn’t need to ask this since you guys have done a very detailed job with the other elements of the game! But as an artillery re-enactor I’m looking forward to this update.
    Yes there will be different ballistics and projectiles based on what kind of cannon you're using. Currently, however we're focusing on getting the 3-inch ordinance game ready.

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    We hope so but no guarantees!

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    In addition, will it be a notable priority in fixing/maintaning/updating or will other things come before it?
    I'd be extremely surprised if the initial implementation of artillery didn't require quite a bit of fixes.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Yes there will be different ballistics and projectiles based on what kind of cannon you're using. Currently, however we're focusing on getting the 3-inch ordinance game ready.

- Trusty
    Thank you, I'll keep my thumb stall ready...

USA General of the Army

CSA Captain

december is almost upon us any view on the artillery progress will we see that before the year ends?

Quote Originally Posted by Dutchconfederate View Post
    december is almost upon us any view on the artillery progress will we see that before the year ends?
    We don't know yet. This week we've been seeing a major programming related blocker related to the proxy of the cannon when pushed resolved so progress is being made.

We might end up releasing a more detailed status report to you all if the initial artillery release is not ready at the end of the year.

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Good to know you have solved a large issue and thanks for your reply, hope we can try out the Artillery this year but yes a detailed status, if a release is not reachable, is also welcomed.