Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: How to add signature images

How to add signature images

We've gotten a few complaints lately that peoples signatures generally are too large. To combat this, we've disabled the [IMG] tag in all signatures. Now if you want to add an image, you will need to use a "SignatureImage" instead.

USA Private

Meh, not a fan of this at all. Don't see why the [IMG] tags were removed and replaced with this.

CSA Major

Because folk were abusing the privilege and using obscenely large images within their signatures.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Okay I have broad shoulders.

My apologies to all I offended.

USA Brigadier General

surely you can just prevent certain people from using them if they do. its a pain to now change to this system and affects people like myself who used hyperlinks as part of the image. pointless change

Plus the devs images are way larger then the 500x100 we are given so id complain that you arent following your own set rules

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 9.8 KB (whichever is smaller).

Dev image is 960x224 and 98.9 KB so yeh my point is made
    Last edited by Etherton; 10-19-2015 at 05:56 PM.

USA Private

Quote Originally Posted by Etherton View Post
    surely you can just prevent certain people from using them if they do. its a pain to now change to this system and affects people like myself who used hyperlinks as part of the image. pointless change

Plus the devs images are way larger then the 500x100 we are given so id complain that you arent following your own set rules

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 500 by 100 pixels or 9.8 KB (whichever is smaller).

Dev image is 960x224 and 98.9 KB so yeh my point is made
    Etherton has a point.

USA Brigadier General

id suggest maybe allowing 500x300 and upto 500KB size. Thats a fair and usable size. We at the UA had pride in showing our emblem in our signatures which i might add did not exceed 200KB nor 500x200 dimensions. and we feel that thats been taken away by a minority

CSA Major

It must be incredibly difficult to live through such times where signatures are brutally taken away from good honest folk.

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Leifr View Post
    It must be incredibly difficult to live through such times where signatures are brutally taken away from good honest folk.
    lol no need to get sarky

I upped the res to 960*200 as well as increasing the file size, didnt notice it was set to 9.8kb lol.

You can still make the image be an imagelink just like I showed in the OP.