Thread: Artillery Historical Error Fix/Photographer Class Suggestion

Artillery Historical Error Fix/Photographer Class Suggestion

I've noticed that in the screenshots for the Artillery that there's a slight historical error in that the #1 man (sponger) covers his ear (left) that is facing AWAY from the cannon leaving his (right) ear completely exposed to the blast of the cannon which would cause extreme hearing loss.

Historically the #1 would cover his ear that is facing the cannon.

You can see a good example of this in this video with live fire canister at the timestamp 4:11.

https://youtu.be/k86XhYS8GJI

For the sake of historical authenticity I'd like to see this detail improved.

Also just as a suggestion I thought it'd be kinda cool to add a photographer class for the drill camp.

Could be dressed like John Reekie.

Just a suggestion.

220px-John_Reekie.jpg

https://americanart.si.edu/artist/john-reekie-6737

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_Reb_1865 View Post
    I've noticed that in the screenshots for the Artillery that there's a slight historical error in that the #1 man (sponger) covers his ear (left) that is facing AWAY from the cannon leaving his (right) ear completely exposed to the blast of the cannon which would cause extreme hearing loss.
    The animation wasn't available for the screenshot (just the left ear cover). In the artillery video, which was made way after the screenshot, you can see that the animation is used correct, with the correct ear being covered

Should make a button to cover your ears when firing or else suffer suppression effects slowing down loading or aiming. Waiting for pitch forks and torches for throwing that idea out there

Quote Originally Posted by Galahad View Post
    Should make a button to cover your ears when firing or else suffer suppression effects slowing down loading or aiming. Waiting for pitch forks and torches for throwing that idea out there
    Well, people should get their pitch forks out then

Quote Originally Posted by Hinkel View Post
    The animation wasn't available for the screenshot (just the left ear cover). In the artillery video, which was made way after the screenshot, you can see that the animation is used correct, with the correct ear being covered
    Ah! Thanks Hinkle! ��
    Don't think I noticed that in the video.