Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A couple Sunday ranting points

CSA Captain

@Trusty

Just a quick suggestion/idea, while in melee mode we could use a "fire/water" approach. Left click is stab, right click is a smack with the butt of the rifle. To defend yourself, you would need to press the correct "attack" button to parry their blow. No blocking, just parrying to the side or something. It would reward skill for the attackers while opening up a window for the teamwork aspect. Keep the butt strike a two hit kill, and we have a basic and fun melee system.

To expand on the teamwork aspect I mentioned, we could make the stab a "heavy attack" that can't be immediately used once you've parried. The rifle butt would be the only option after a parry, meaning a slip up or a parry isn't the end for the attacker. This also means that a bayonet charge would allow someone to save a friend that is locked in a fight with an attacker.
    Last edited by LaBelle; 10-31-2019 at 07:30 AM.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

They should let you spin around in circles waving your bayonet, doing damage to all around. This would help encourage lone players to run among enemy formations to use that and would preempt the melee TKs in that situation. ja.gif
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

USA General of the Army

Let's see the last bleak outlook was how passworded servers were going to completely kill the game. Not to mention alienate those that don't want to be part of an org. Yep, this game should be dead any second now.