Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Passwords

Quote Originally Posted by luvvt2004 View Post
    Hi,

Have been away for awhile...see a bunch of password servers that I'd love to get back in on...not sure how I get those? Any help would be appreciated
    Join a regiment.

eventorientedgame 2-14-2020.jpg
    You know I said some ill shit to one of my co-workers late last year at my day job and probably would have been fired for it if the plant management didn't like me so much but damn I think when I get around to it I'm going to do way beyond that to those of you that don't see the crisis developing of this becoming an event-only game.

You can have a 200 person server count all you want, if people come in and see 11/200 or 17/200 who gives a rip. It's like despite my best efforts this game is destined for the event-only disaster that I feared when I first joined. Yeah let's not worry about that infantry gameplay though. Let's put that at the bottom of the list.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 02-15-2020 at 04:17 AM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    eventorientedgame 2-14-2020.jpg
    You know I said some ill shit to one of my co-workers late last year at my day job and probably would have been fired for it if the plant management didn't like me so much but damn I think when I get around to it I'm going to do way beyond that to those of you that don't see the crisis developing of this becoming an event-only game.

You can have a 200 person server count all you want, if people come in and see 11/200 or 17/200 who gives a rip. It's like despite my best efforts this game is destined for the event-only disaster that I feared when I first joined. Yeah let's not worry about that infantry gameplay though. Let's put that at the bottom of the list.
    WoR is basically a 'shoot the smoke and stare at the black screen' simulator. What did you expect WoR to become when your average game experience is 'shoot at random direction, die, black screen, respawn, shoot more at smoke, die, black screen, repeat'?
    It is not a surprise players have attention span for only one organized one hour match a week.

CSA Captain

Ok, this has become stupid.... I been in this game for 4.5 years, in a Company.... and cant get into a server because of a password. If there are undesirables, then Admins need to kick them off for duration of event / game. Thought I would never say this, but I do believe there should be some #progress with each individual accordingly to their kill/death Ticket Count at end of game and kept track of for at least a few games.. This I think would reduce the amount of people being out of formation, but I do realize there will always be some who doesnt want to play logically. Intentional team-killers should immediately be banned from it.

The primary reason for password is very often these are full events and it is to ensure the people that are attending can get in and if they disconnect during event they can get back into the matches. Without password players will need to get kicked and get even more mad to make room for these returning players. I would encourage you to reach out to the units that run these large events and coordinate to become part of them instead of trying to make them all unpassworded.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Drax View Post
    The primary reason for password is very often these are full events and it is to ensure the people that are attending can get in and if they disconnect during event they can get back into the matches. Without password players will need to get kicked and get even more mad to make room for these returning players. I would encourage you to reach out to the units that run these large events and coordinate to become part of them instead of trying to make them all unpassworded.
    Very true, often enough we cap out the 150 servers.

The non-regimental players are always welcome to rent a server and host their own events.

Quote Originally Posted by Goad View Post
    Ok, this has become stupid.... I been in this game for 4.5 years, in a Company.... and cant get into a server because of a password.
    Sounds like your company command is not doing their job and working on events for their company. There is an event planning discord they should be in to join in the coordination efforts that take place.
    Last edited by SwingKid148; 04-24-2020 at 02:51 PM.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    ... I've fought in three passworded events, for three different companies, on both Union and Federal sides, recently. ...
    Sorry, I just can't resist, but is there a difference between Union and Federal sides?

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Sorry, I just can't resist, but is there a difference between Union and Federal sides?
    Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    Woops.
    Union local IX?

Quote Originally Posted by SwingKid148 View Post
    The non-regimental players are always welcome to rent a server and host their own events.
    You'll eat your words when I do and the servers gradually become permanently empty outside of events. ja.gif
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    You'll eat your words when I do and the servers gradually become permanently empty outside of events. ja.gif
    Hey, you used to post some events for the Old Penn server. Keep it going, buddy!

IX Corps' server is open for 161 hours out of 168 hours in a week.
    Last edited by SwingKid148; 04-24-2020 at 09:00 PM.