Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Passwords

USA General of the Army

Have we not considered that play numbers are down at the moment as the game has become stagnet for public players without access to anything beyond Infantry Skirmish maps rather than as a result of passworded servers?

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    The dirty little secret is that a sizeable portion of these 'clanner' head honchos don't want a community (and can't imagine one) that can operate without them beyond recruiting purposes.
    didnt read beyond this silly statement.

The "clanner" forming a sub community of this game.
    The "clanner" hosting a lot of servers for a lot of money.
    The "clanner" playing this game mostly since the drill camp was released.
    The "clanner" have a lot contact to each other and organising events together.
    The "clanner" organised a lot of bigger youtubers to make videos about WoR to push it.
    The "clanner" holding people together to play this game longer.
    The "clanner" organising feedback of it's members and give it to the devs.

The "clanner" isnt something better, he is just different but somebody who is not part of a clan but still thinks he know everything about it and thinks he is able to judge will not understand.

@Bravescot

I am with you. A lot of guys are waiting for artillery witch is the next big step in the mind of these people. Endgame mechanics and others which changed the infantry battle sometimes drastically are not valid steps for these people. It's just fixing actual content.

hope to see a lot of people back after artillery release because thats something i hear often.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Quote Originally Posted by Noble View Post
    Nice to meet you Suwarow! My sincere apologies if my manner of speech caused anyone to think i was at all trying to insult or offend anyone.. On the contrary I'm here to make friends and learn the game mechanics. As for the mechanics of Napoleonic warfare and 19th century arms and equipment, as i said, i'm an old hand and own everything from a LeMat & Enfield to a 24pdr Seige Mortar and have fired much bigger irl.. BUT Like you I come to this community late compared to those who discovered it earlier than we did and have supported it. I certainly understand the need for passwords now to keep phaquetards, twatwaffles and sausage wallets from running about, as you say, to "troll" and "shit" on things! Thank You for both your response and explanation.. and thank you Bravescot for also pointing out the language barrier. I WISH i were smart enough to be as capable at Russian as Suwarow is at English.. and anything written or typed / texted is very easy to "take wrong" and misinterpret intent. It's an honor and privilege to be among you.
    Thank you for discussion. Game have a real problem with game-mode and with trolls. If the players pull together and can guide the developers on the right path of developing the game to make it interesting, then that would be a great enterprise. But not for me and probably many regimental players did not have any desire to deal with them and something to prove. Many on this burned and are gone.

Sincerly, SUWAROW

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    didnt read beyond this silly statement.
    People say 'pubber' all the time and no one bats an eye. Someone says 'clanner' and everyone loses their mind.

That was the only statement meant for you. The rest was meant for people to read about you, assuming it applies to you. If the shoe fits, wear it. Though I have little idea who you are. When I play, I play in exclusively in public gameplay thus far. Not closed events. So I wouldn't know who you are.

Artillery will change nothing to immediate gameplay, other than hopefully ending the random scripted artillery. The public gameplay is still poor and infrequently enjoyable. Adding more ways to fragment a team without any controls to do so isn't going to help teams that are already incohesive without the luxury of extensive pre-existing networking among them. Asking players to work cohesively for death style points (team morale) and then giving them zero tools to do so or to appoint their own leaders is a decisively losing strategy.

Some of these pre-existing networks of players fought tooth-and-nail for places to hide themselves away in locked servers away from the general public and then argue vehemently that any work to fix public gameplay is a waste of time. When are intentions going to get more transparent than that? My statement is 100% correct and merits no further clarification.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 11-18-2019 at 07:36 PM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

CSA Captain

Artillery will make public play worse. I'm just saying what's on my mind, but if anyone thinks player-controlled WMDs are going to make this game AS IT PLAYS NOW any more enjoyable for the public crowd, you're mistaken.

We NEED random maps. We NEED multiple control points that encourage new strategies every time. We NEED something, anything, to make players want to keep coming back.
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    Artillery will make public play worse. I'm just saying what's on my mind, but if anyone thinks player-controlled WMDs are going to make this game AS IT PLAYS NOW any more enjoyable for the public crowd, you're mistaken.

We NEED random maps. We NEED multiple control points that encourage new strategies every time. We NEED something, anything, to make players want to keep coming back.
    Thanks for the feedback.

We just deployed the biggest changes to skirmishes yet a few days ago.

The truth of the matter is that no game is able to maintain the same player numbers without a continous stream of new content (and even with that a lot of games don't manage to keep an interested playerbase).

There is no miracle cure/feature that will be able to deployed and then that is it - no more content needed in regards to maintaining an interest. It is why a lot of games tend to go with leaderboards, level/points/weapon or uniform unlocks via grinding, etc. as that is the most effective way of making sure the content you do deploy lasts as long as possible before it too ends up losing interest.

The interest in WoR will continue to rise and fall in direct relation to the content updates. Updates we're well aware of are slower and further between than other studios. This is because we're a small team with more limited funds than most of the companies who produce similar high detail games.

I don't think artillery is going to make public play worse - I also don't think it's going to be a feature that is going to make thousands of inactive players active ones - it'll be something in between the two I think.

- Trusty

Attention!!! ***Tonights II Corps Monday Night Event will be open to the public at 8:15pm EST.*** All are Welcome and encouraged to attend. Units in the field will be Jackson's II Corps(6th LA/1 & 5th VA) TNA (17thMI,1stCav,23rdNY) 14th Brooklyn, 9th NY & Picketts Brigade(8thVA,19thVA). Grab your rifle and get in the action!
    STONEWALL JACKSON'S II CORPS
    MAJOR GENERAL PAIOLETTI
    Commander of the 6th Louisiana Tigers

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thanks for the feedback.

We just deployed the biggest changes to skirmishes yet a few days ago.

The truth of the matter is that no game is able to maintain the same player numbers without a continous stream of new content (and even with that a lot of games don't manage to keep an interested playerbase).

There is no miracle cure/feature that will be able to deployed and then that is it - no more content needed in regards to maintaining an interest. It is why a lot of games tend to go with leaderboards, level/points/weapon or uniform unlocks via grinding, etc. as that is the most effective way of making sure the content you do deploy lasts as long as possible before it too ends up losing interest.

The interest in WoR will continue to rise and fall in direct relation to the content updates. Updates we're well aware of are slower and further between than other studios. This is because we're a small team with more limited funds than most of the companies who produce similar high detail games.

I don't think artillery is going to make public play worse - I also don't think it's going to be a feature that is going to make thousands of inactive players active ones - it'll be something in between the two I think.

- Trusty

Artillery will give a small temporary boost in players. But the guys really interested in the branch will stay. I think you can experiment more with changing capture points or two capture points to divide the forces. Try out a server without a timer and just tickets. Try out new things. And give as much freedom for those who rent a server to experiment with gameplay options.

Artillery concerns me in a lot of ways. The potential for role trolling is immense. And any idiot can stand in front of a cannon barrel. I'm sure it'll require a lot of fixes and tweaks. Ordinance guns and 200 player servers would be a good pre-Christmas present.

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    --Which is why a map tool or scenario editor would be an excellent investment one day.

The very first multiplayer shooter I ever played was Day of Defeat very early in it's development in the Spring of 2001. Are there less players now than at it's peak? Yeah. There's ten full servers right now. It's working on 19 years running. It had a lot of updates but those totally ceased an upsetting amount of time ago to provide content. In fact, we lost tons and tons of content (Paratrooper 'onelife' maps, buttsmacking, the British, fallschirmjägers, lots of maps) when the game went from Half-life 1's engine to the Source engine and it was basically never updated after that. People still play it.

I personally haven't played Day of Defeat since 2015 and haven't seriously played for years prior and yet if I installed the game now and jumped in one of those servers I know exactly what my experience would be like if I did. If I go in a WoR server right now, my experience depends on a number of factors and depending on those I might have an extremely poor experience which is unlikely to change. Those factors aren't really managed as well as they could be even though almost all the players in the community are coming for a common experience.
    Last edited by Poorlaggedman; 11-21-2019 at 02:59 AM.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Hi,

Have been away for awhile...see a bunch of password servers that I'd love to get back in on...not sure how I get those? Any help would be appreciated