Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What's the longest distance the game can render enemies?

Question What's the longest distance the game can render enemies?

And what graphics settings may affect this parameter?

Thanks.

USA General of the Army

From my experience, 400-500 yards. Dunker Church standing the fence on low settings, the enemy disappears if they turn right out of spawn and head towards the cornfield. I judge it to be about 400 yards, maybe a bit under.

I see. I'm asking because I saw a shooting tutorial on Youtube, and the guy said there is no use in switch aim since the game doesn't render characters beyond 150 or 200 yds., I can't remember now. And it sounded strange to me, maybe the video is outdated.

Thanks for your answer.

Does anyone know whether any graphics setting could modify this maximum distance?

Quote Originally Posted by A. Bravo View Post
    I see. I'm asking because I saw a shooting tutorial on Youtube, and the guy said there is no use in switch aim since the game doesn't render characters beyond 150 or 200 yds., I can't remember now. And it sounded strange to me, maybe the video is outdated.

Thanks for your answer.

Does anyone know whether any graphics setting could modify this maximum distance?
    I find it hard to believe that it should be so. I have shot on fixed targets (fellow company men) up to 300 yards, they where not more than a couple of pixels on my screen, but still visible. I have allso seen enemies as shadows on longer distances in-game. When they are moving in big groups.

BUT actually a very good question. Would be cool if defs hav some answers.

USA General of the Army

There are a few maps where the line of sight allows you to see the full draw distance. But I know for sure you can see them beyond 300 yards.

Drill camp targets flicker at 400 yards at medium settings (you can see them), but I have not tried to change the settings to find out if it would make a difference.

Good question considering we're waiting on artillery. The longest distance I'm aware of view-wise is Harper's Ferry from Maryland Heights towards town. Obviously if the guns up there were used in supporting an attack then a limited view distance might be an issue
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

For reference, the enemy doesn't pop in on Hooker's Push until they're about a quarter of the way through the cornfield when viewed from the closest point the Rebels can get to on the right. I'd spitball between 300-400 yds. Never had an issue seeing people on picket patrol though.

USA 1st Lieutenant

Quote Originally Posted by A. Bravo View Post

Thanks for your answer.

That was likely my video. Though I don't recall saying 200 yds. I thought i said 400+. I'll go back and check. If I did say that, I will make a new video. Others here that have said 400-500yds are correct. It's about 500yds. I have seen targets on the CSA range drop out of render on high graphics at exactly 470yds.

Quote Originally Posted by Xbwalker View Post
    That was likely my video. Though I don't recall saying 200 yds. I thought i said 400+. I'll go back and check. If I did say that, I will make a new video. Others here that have said 400-500yds are correct. It's about 500yds. I have seen targets on the CSA range drop out of render on high graphics at exactly 470yds.
    I think it was less than 300 because if I'm not mistaken the context was something like "you don't need to switch to the 300 yds aim because...", but if I'm wrong I apologise.
    Anyway it'd be cool if a dev could give us an aswer.

Thanks for your replies, guys.