Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Loading mini game

Loading mini game

Hello,
    Is there any future plans to make loading more "skill" based? Like a mini game where you would have to push a given button at a given time?
    Or just 9 buttons to push like one for each 9 steps?
    Just a thought! Doing so in battle would simulate the stress of a real battle somewhat. It would also give an incentive to keep playing to get better.
    Veterans would be recognizable to new recruits.

Thank you and keep the good work.
    siiiiiip, yup.

Mess up your reload too many times and you will be forced to play the game in a Welsh/Czech pidgin, that's my suggestion.

USA General of the Army

Dear god no.

My immersion would be through the roof if this was implemented, imagine you can't even reload because you are being suppressed heavily, would be a nice incentive to keep people from going out of line.

I would have to say no to this idea though.
    Last edited by Ghost30; 12-16-2019 at 05:05 AM.

I'm only talking from an immersion and realism point of view. Plus, I hate doing absolutely NOTHING during 20 sec each time I fire my gun.
    The ability to reload fast and under great stress was one of the most important skills for a soldier.
    And yet, as soon as one suggest something to recreate that, every "mil sim" gamer goes :" NO".
    More buttons to reload seem perfectly out of the question, yet we are getting the most realistic artillery ever.
    Are you scared? Or do you just anticipate your own frustration to not be able to reload properly and fast enough?

Anyway, it was just my two cents.
    siiiiiip, yup.

USA General of the Army

There's a reason why most games don't have something like that, and the ones that did have removed them for the most part. They aren't fun, they don't add anything to gameplay other than another input needed from the user. That's another round of coding, animating and then having to deal with latency with the server. That manpower is best used somewhere else. Most games that use minigames for loading only only use it to speed up loading, failing it just means you load slower. That's something that could easily be down with musicians/flags in proximity/ officers in formation like other games have done.

CSA Captain

I suggested this in the very early stages of game development (and many others were too) some years ago and I would still be very fond of the idea of a mini game for reloads! But well, as a grown old gamer guy unfortunately I learned to lower sights. As hardcore a simulation might crawl out of its cradle, soon there will be simplifications here and there to polish the once stunning idea into something that the wider public can handle or simply already feels used to. We have to acknoledge though, that this is a niche game in a secret corner of a niched existence and we the community of WoR are niche players par example. ...thus we should try not to devide any further but try to help develop the game together as one.

So yes I would pretty much like that mini game, but I am kinda sure it will never come to the game. The reasons have already slightly been mentioned here. But thanx for reposting on this idea! Cheers gentlemen o7

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    There's a reason why most games don't have something like that, and the ones that did have removed them for the most part. They aren't fun, they don't add anything to gameplay other than another input needed from the user. That's another round of coding, animating and then having to deal with latency with the server. That manpower is best used somewhere else. Most games that use minigames for loading only only use it to speed up loading, failing it just means you load slower. That's something that could easily be down with musicians/flags in proximity/ officers in formation like other games have done.
    Agreed. I don't think it would add anything significant to the game experience.

Oh it would add something significant. I'm not sure it's something significant people would want though. I'd like to see some other changes to reloading first, making it a little more fluid around the edges. The segmented loading was a significant step towards empowering shooting vs stabbing but rambo melee is still a supreme disruption to a reload process which has several steps which could be done on the move without controversy.
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n