Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Loading mini game

Quote Originally Posted by A. Bravo View Post
    Agreed. I don't think it would add anything significant to the game experience.
    I'd like to know if the devs are as adamant as you are.
    siiiiiip, yup.

The best mini-game is picking your next target and shouting READY when you snap in that Percussion Cap. I'm just a glorified pub officer but especially with the half off weekend the biggest challenge has been getting new guys to use that left ALT key. Which leads me to my next point:

A reminder? A little prompt so its not an officer screaming over a musician screaming over brigadier general from a made up unit screaming over someone saying "N-word lovers!" while 10 guys run off and die OOL on the pontoon bridge and your flag is floating down the river and you're staring at a spawn screen, seething, occasionally hitting shift-tab to open xvideos

"Use the left alt key while reloading to pick your next target! Remember bullet drop!" If no in game prompt then maybe a happy-go-lucky addition to the loading screen.

While I'm here, somone MS Paint me the cap zones on the maps because I swear its not a circle its shaped like Prussia or some other abomination

Also, when flag is dropped, should appear on everyones screen without having to tap T. In a perfect, or even *beta*-like world, I hope when a lineman approaches the flag you get a nice little "hit F to pick up the flag!" prompt.

The tutorial is all word of mouth and if you want player retention its about verbal communication during the reload, bottom line, for a new player. They're busy mesmerized at the gun reloading detail "yo this revolutionary war musket shit is dope!" to focus on much else

Quote Originally Posted by LeFuret View Post
    I'd like to know if the devs are as adamant as you are.
    Not everyone with a different opinion is 'adamant'. Either that, or they are only as 'adamant' as you are.

Quote Originally Posted by [1stGA]preacher View Post
    The best mini-game is picking your next target and shouting READY when you snap in that Percussion Cap. I'm just a glorified pub officer but especially with the half off weekend the biggest challenge has been getting new guys to use that left ALT key. Which leads me to my next point:

A reminder? A little prompt so its not an officer screaming over a musician screaming over brigadier general from a made up unit screaming over someone saying "N-word lovers!" while 10 guys run off and die OOL on the pontoon bridge and your flag is floating down the river and you're staring at a spawn screen, seething, occasionally hitting shift-tab to open xvideos

"Use the left alt key while reloading to pick your next target! Remember bullet drop!" If no in game prompt then maybe a happy-go-lucky addition to the loading screen.

While I'm here, somone MS Paint me the cap zones on the maps because I swear its not a circle its shaped like Prussia or some other abomination

Also, when flag is dropped, should appear on everyones screen without having to tap T. In a perfect, or even *beta*-like world, I hope when a lineman approaches the flag you get a nice little "hit F to pick up the flag!" prompt.

The tutorial is all word of mouth and if you want player retention its about verbal communication during the reload, bottom line, for a new player. They're busy mesmerized at the gun reloading detail "yo this revolutionary war musket shit is dope!" to focus on much else
    The less UI elements are on screen, the better. I don't think the game should tell players every single thing they have to do. Besides, random people on a public game will do random things, no matter how many prompts they get.

A. Bravo, we could go in a circle like that for hours you know? My point was that I don't really care about your opinion, which was very much a closed one. I would like to know the devs point of view on the subject because they are the guys developing the game.

à bon entendeur, salut!
    Last edited by LeFuret; 12-22-2019 at 10:01 AM.
    siiiiiip, yup.

Hello,
    Is there any future plans to make loading more "skill" based? Like a mini game where you would have to push a given button at a given time?
    Or just 9 buttons to push like one for each 9 steps?
    Just a thought! Doing so in battle would simulate the stress of a real battle somewhat. It would also give an incentive to keep playing to get better.
    Veterans would be recognizable to new recruits.

Thank you and keep the good work.
    I like this idea, as an idea. But I fear it will be to gamey. And I see there be some complications, not least for us skirmishers as we often are on the go, so I can see us forgetting how many steps of the reload cycle we completed etc. etc. And it will all just get silly, I feel like there is enough going on to keep you busy while reloading. Even for the man in the line, and it would just take time away from working on getting to the end of the roadmap. And most likely one of those things the community would either love or hate. Maybe one time in the furture it could be tested but I do not see it as a must have, by any means.

Quote Originally Posted by [1stGA]preacher View Post
    I swear its not a circle its shaped like Prussia or some other abomination
    My good man you and I shall be soulmates for life!

A. Bravo, we could go in a circle like that for hours you know? My point was that I don't really care about your opinion, which was very much a closed one. I would like to know the devs point of view on the subject because they are the guys developing the game.

à bon entendeur, salut!
    I don't care what you care, and that's why I didn't adress you. I replied to other user, and then you quoted me. If you don't care my opinion, I don't know why you did that.

But yeah, your manners in this thread have made very clear for all of us that you're a tough guy. And a pr0 gamer, of course.

USA Captain

How about you make out of line reloads significantly slower, and have a possibility of outright failing, as in they get cancelled or an animation plays where your character drops his weapon or something (because he's alone, scared, etc). Meanwhile, in Formation you could reload faster, to show confidence and the benefits of being in formation? Skirmishing could remain the same.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_DG View Post
    How about you make out of line reloads significantly slower, and have a possibility of outright failing, as in they get cancelled or an animation plays where your character drops his weapon or something (because he's alone, scared, etc). Meanwhile, in Formation you could reload faster, to show confidence and the benefits of being in formation? Skirmishing could remain the same.
    (Y)

I like (almost) all features that reward teamwork and being in formation.

I'm only talking from an immersion and realism point of view. Plus, I hate doing absolutely NOTHING during 20 sec each time I fire my gun.
    The ability to reload fast and under great stress was one of the most important skills for a soldier.
    And yet, as soon as one suggest something to recreate that, every "mil sim" gamer goes :" NO".
    More buttons to reload seem perfectly out of the question, yet we are getting the most realistic artillery ever.
    Are you scared? Or do you just anticipate your own frustration to not be able to reload properly and fast enough?

Anyway, it was just my two cents.
    Use left alt to look around while reloading. It’s a perfect time to get situational awareness.

*Begins reloading*
    *Answers work email and does chemistry homework*
    *Fires*
    *Begins reloading*
    *Reads the wheel of time series*
    *Fires*
    2nd Lieutenant Eoghan O'Cobhtaigh