Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Happy New Year: Artillery Progress Update

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I am curios about the amount of recoil there. Is this more of a soft balance to keep artillery in check?
    None of the stuff has been fine tuned (that will be done after the release when we have more feedback from players using it).

I've seen a few videos of cannons firing full loads with quite a lot of recoil however. Are you sure you're not thinking of blank firing cannons (often seen in hollywood movies)?

- Trusty

Thank you for the update, Are the range size going to be increased, What happen if you get hit with recoil

CSA Captain

No I was basing it off of the Civil War Cannon shooting competitions. I know part of it deals on amount of powder charge and shell weight which I know is too early for all that. Thank you for the quick reply Trusty.

Thank you for Vid Dev's. You know guys are salivating waiting for it.

USA General of the Army

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    No I was basing it off of the Civil War Cannon shooting competitions. I know part of it deals on amount of powder charge and shell weight which I know is too early for all that. Thank you for the quick reply Trusty.
    A lot of those competitions don't require full loads, there can be quite a lot of variation in the amount of powder used.

Good video, the progress is there. But there are still a lot of issues, sadly :/
    siiiiiip, yup.

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    A lot of those competitions don't require full loads, there can be quite a lot of variation in the amount of powder used.
    That's why I said I know amount of powder and shell weight effect it. I am by no means not unhappy about what I seen. I'm just trying to get an idea on limits that we will have in place. For an example I don't expect canister to reach out to 400 yards. If it did we would have no reason to use any other shot type at the moment with most of the maps. I am extremely grateful for what we have and I look forward to seeing so much more. If they can get the one bug fixed I'd be ecstatic even if we only got them on the drill camps for now.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Just as a reference to recoil.

This video, is firing full service rounds of canister for historical purposes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k86XhYS8GJI

Note this is a 12lb napoleon … not a 3 inch ordnance as in the game.

Here's a 10lb Parrott, similar to the 3 inch ordnance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_c...ature=emb_logo

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by A. P. Hill View Post
    Just as a reference to recoil.

This video, is firing full service rounds of canister for historical purposes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k86XhYS8GJI

Note this is a 12lb napoleon … not a 3 inch ordnance as in the game.
    Aye that is one situation. There are also videos of 10 pound parrots firing bolt at 1000 yards and a 30 pound parrot that fires case at over a mile both hardly moving with no stoppers. Also not 3in ordinance rifles. Either way I'm just happy that we are seeing massive progress.

USA General of the Army

More shots of 10pd Parrotts.