Thread: Hitboxes are messed up

Hitboxes are messed up

Multiple confirmed instances and have also heard complaints from others that people are landing teamkills while shooting over heads and also while shooting next to people. Likely attributable to desync as I'm also seeing people's positions jump all over the place.

Can confirm.

Due to the recent security additions preventing cheaters from firing an unlimited amount of shots per minute we're now tracking all shots via the server.

This is the only way of preventing cheaters from being able to tweak the fire rate of the weapons in the game.

The more under load the server is the more slowly it will be able to process the shots. This means an increased lag in the game.

Sadly, there's no way around this other than to revert back to client calculations, meaning cheaters are free to cheat or continue the work optimizing the server code.

- Trusty

When the devs release an update that destroys the game.

right now in game i have Team killed twice, both of the people who i team killed were standing next to me in a line. how am i to shoot in formation if im worried that i will accidentally TK somebody. maybe a third party anti cheat system like easy anti cheat could be a solution? but it may be costly. either way i hope you can fix this issue quickly
    Words can inspire and words can destroy. Choose your words well

We've just pushed an update reverting back to how the hit calculations were previously done due to the feedback of the community while we work on developing more optimized ways of netowrking them via the server.

We will continue to issue vac bans to anyone who is caught cheating in the meantime.

- Trusty