Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: War of Rights 40% off! Cavalry & Artillery Progress Report

War of Rights 40% off! Cavalry & Artillery Progress Report

Wor is currently 40% off!

We're also showing you some cavalry as well as artillery progress over at: https://steamcommunity.com/games/424...14218556262225

- Trusty

CSA Captain

Epic, based, and horse pilled
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

Will we be able to see commanders using horses before the full on cavalry branch so it could provide some testing and feedback for you but let us use it before the full cavalry release?

Quote Originally Posted by McMuffin View Post
    Will we be able to see commanders using horses before the full on cavalry branch so it could provide some testing and feedback for you but let us use it before the full cavalry release?
    That is very much the current plan for the initial implementation of horses, yes.

- Trusty

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    That is very much the current plan for the initial implementation of horses, yes.

- Trusty
    Nice.

USA Captain

Those breast straps for the horses are wrong. They are a reenactorism.

Other than that, looks really good tho.

Quote Originally Posted by Olafson View Post
    Those breast straps for the horses are wrong. They are a reenactorism.

Other than that, looks really good tho.
    Thanks for the feedback. I've put George on the case.

- Trusty

RhettVito
    Can't wait!

USA Captain

I read the memoires of a cavarly man who complained about them not being issued anything to prevent the saddle from sliding backwards. He comments that many of his men tried to use the Surcingle as a sort of breast strap, but that it did not work very well. Its a variation I was thinking about doing for BCoF, so if you feel like you are missing something without the heart breaststraps, maybe thats an option.

Quote Originally Posted by Olafson View Post
    I read the memoires of a cavarly man who complained about them not being issued anything to prevent the saddle from sliding backwards. He comments that many of his men tried to use the Surcingle as a sort of breast strap, but that it did not work very well. Its a variation I was thinking about doing for BCoF, so if you feel like you are missing something without the heart breaststraps, maybe thats an option.
    Hey there Olafson,

Breast straps were certainly not officially issued out, as you mentioned. With the design of the McClellan it was expected that the combination of the cinch straps and the surcingle would be enough along with the crupper to maintain stability. However, many officers - and a good amount of enlisted as well - commissioned civilian models to be made for themselves, as evidenced in various photographs and Harpers Weekly woodcuts from the period linked below.

-7-CEBE-Alfred-R-Waud.JPG
    cavalry-battle.jpg
    C-1200x480.jpg
    063029c02bcbaf65116c902c9073af7d--drawings-of-sketches.jpg

You are also correct that sometimes, they just didn't have them! Here is an example of one of the drawings showing that:
    civil_war_cavalry_charge.jpg

So we will ensure there are some variants in the game that do not have a breast collar, but there was certainly a moderate amount that did have them through their own purchase.