Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: War of Rights 40% off! Cavalry & Artillery Progress Report

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by Reznikov12 View Post
    I remember that too, as well as corn field animations
    I asked about the corn animations when it stopped moving, CFG folk told me that they were waiting from a "technical supplier" (I can't remember the exact phrasing) to provide a fix. That was years ago and I didn't follow it up. I assume there is a mythical development version of WoRs in CFG control with moving corn, squirrels running, birds flying, turkeys hopping and probably other environmental gems all waiting to get more online time.
    Pvt. Kenah

For Southern Secession

Quote Originally Posted by MK81 View Post
    I asked about the corn animations when it stopped moving, CFG folk told me that they were waiting from a "technical supplier" (I can't remember the exact phrasing) to provide a fix. That was years ago and I didn't follow it up. I assume there is a mythical development version of WoRs in CFG control with moving corn, squirrels running, birds flying, turkeys hopping and probably other environmental gems all waiting to get more online time.
    The boid system of the engine broke when we updated to cryengine V (as did vegetation touch bending) so that's why the above features are no longer part of the game.

- Trusty

CSA Major

Ah, that'll be that there 'boid system' (no idea, but sounds interesting). Cheers Trusty, good to know.

It was a nice feature at the time to see the corn move but we didn't get to see it in combat so not an issue for me. So about those sqirrels then...
    Pvt. Kenah

For Southern Secession

USA General of the Army

So...how 'bout those cannons?

Quote Originally Posted by Oleander View Post
    So...how 'bout those cannons?
    https://www.warofrightsforum.com/sho...l=1#post100884

- Trusty

Screw cannons. Implement disease. It's more realistic and will help people relate to a game like WoR
    Gameplay Suggestions: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JjUuaVXTJsY

Old Pennsylvania Discord: https://discord.gg/MjxfZ5n

Any updates as to the progress of the cavalry branch?

I think they prefer we forget they ever said there was going to be cav.
    Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life. Because that field is not hiring. ~1st Jiggalations 4:20

Nonsense! They have already shown in-game screenshots of cavalry so I don't think that it should be too much longer before we see or hear about it next I just wanted to ask how much farther they have gone or when it is that we can expect an update.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl1zzt3r View Post
    Nonsense! They have already shown in-game screenshots of cavalry so I don't think that it should be too much longer before we see or hear about it next I just wanted to ask how much farther they have gone or when it is that we can expect an update.
    Ok, so those screenshots were back in January. Some 11 months ago, so it's not nonsense as you say to assume nothing is being done, especially when actual updates to the game have been nil since artillery was implemented four months ago. Where's one word of progress on any of it since then? We've asked here on the forums a few times but no information is given. The closest thing to an answer from the devs is, "Ooo-wee check out the platform system!." There hasn't even been any mention of musicians in a good long while either. As far as I view it, nothing said equals nothing done

Where are musicians? We got "screenshots" of those three years ago. Again nothing said equals nothing done.
    Do what you love and you'll never work a day in your life. Because that field is not hiring. ~1st Jiggalations 4:20