Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dear developers. A collection of community suggestions 2.0

CSA Captain

Dear developers. A collection of community suggestions 2.0

Community suggestions collected by the "8th Florida Infantry 1st Battalion" community.

Hello! 8th Florida Infantry is considerably experienced and well-oriented community in the game, we think that we are qualified enough, to tell what is wrong, what need improvement and what is good. We have been working on this "project" for some time and we have got confident enough to present this to the whole community and developers. Some ideas might sound little bit controversial and debatable, so we are looking forward to your opinions!

With regards,
    Men of the 8th Florida Infantry

Suggestions for visual, audio and gameplay improvement:

1. Improvement of the animations. Make every possible animation motion capture to make the game more authentic, immersive and enjoyable.

2. Enable “Rebel Yell” and “Huzzah” to the button press activation.

3. Make the correct sizes of regimental flags.

4. Drastical improvement of the sounds. During marching, running, moving, ..., coughing, clinking of equipment, stomping, sounds of flags floating in the wind. Drastically improve the cries of wounded soldiers. Allow to scream during a bayonet attack.

5. Remove option to “charge bayonet” during “charge” to make bayonet selection for double quick and quick time only. To maintain authenticity.

6. Somehow manage to allow in-game moving in "line of battle". It is currently impossible to apply the historical procedure for this order.

7. Visible indicator of army status. Ie. for example, an indicator of how much we have left before the army goes from "taking losses" to "breaking".

8. Remodel the “Order tool” from the game. It just leads to playing the game as a call of duty. The commanders of the units did not have giant "pointers, drawings" where the company is exactly placed. Instead, remodel it and replace it with voice acted commands.

9. Important: Multiple slots for Officers. For each slot rank historically accurate count. Division of regiment choices into companies. That means choosing what company of regiment we want to play.

10. Bayonet hits divide into body, head, and limbs. The head hit is death, twice the body hit is death, hitting the limb is not kill, but gives the player a severe disadvantage, hit to the leg will cause limp, hit to the hand will cause very poor aim.

11. Cause bleeding animation only where the soldier was stabbed or hit, it is strongly inappropriate to see whole soldiers bathed in blood after one hit.

12. Modify the desertion of officers. Currently it is very impractical and it severely restricts officers in leadership and functioning on the battlefield. For example, when an officer needs to cross the field to talk to the other commanding officer about tactics, it is not possible for him. It is also very difficult for an officer to return from spawn to the battlefield when he was killed.

13. Edit melee, add new animations, blocking options, and more options for bayonet combat. Implement "kill animations" for example like in Battlefield 1.

14. Stretcher bearer: A soldier hit in a certain part of the body may not immediately die, but instead will be wounded and be taken by a stretcher bearer to a spawnpoint or to a certain point where the soldier respawns and the loss of tickets is reduced.

15. Smoke after shot is too dense, thick and overall there is too much of it after one shot! Make the smoke less dense and scattered.

16. Allow stealing of the enemy colors. Colors will be then carried to a spawnpoint or to a certain point. Successful bringing of enemy colors will cause decrease of morale.

17. The game should start supporting historical combat. Teaching people to fight in double lines, etc. Currently the game looks more like Stalingrad battlefield.

18. Improve, or remove the unhistorical maps. Currently, we have a very big problem with the spawn at "Pry House" for Confederacy. It is made for teamkilling.

Suggestions for Improving Company Tool:

1. Limit the number of certain roles on the Company Tool so that the number of ranks on the Company List is correct. For example, First Sergeant can only be in the company once. Sergeant in a company of up to four, Corporal up to eight, etc.

2. Add roles like Second Sergeant, Third Sergeant, ...,

3. Alternation of Company Tool is heavily needed. Get rid of the Paper Companies. Make Company Tool more practical and smooth for use.

Last edited by Josef Tišer; 03-18-2020 at 11:39 PM.
    <a href=https://i.imgur.com/STfZmky.png target=_blank>https://i.imgur.com/STfZmky.png</a>

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    ^ I actually did the artwork for that flag, it is based upon surviving fragments. My great-great-grandfather and his brother served in 8th Florida, Co. D. Would be great to see the flag in-game, someday.
    It is already added to the game
    We regularly play and represent the 8th Florida, if you are interested to have some semi-historical fun you are welcomed to take part.
    <a href=https://i.imgur.com/STfZmky.png target=_blank>https://i.imgur.com/STfZmky.png</a>

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Josef Tišer View Post

Suggestions for visual, audio and gameplay improvement:

1. Improvement of the animations. Make every possible animation motion capture to make the game more authentic, immersive and enjoyable.
    That might take quite a while...
    Just when I thought I was out...they pull me back in!

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
    That might take quite a while...
    There is no need to make it soon as possible, but have it implemented into the game is essential.

These are some really good ideas

CSA Captain

1. Yes

2. First off thats what the mics are used for too, I like having the rebel yell/huzzah as indicators of the other side dropping in morale

3. Yes

4. I've mentioned this before about adding more sounds

5. ehhh they would only quick time/double quick until they get in range of charging.

6. Much needed

7. no 7 I see lmao

8. I would like to see something like that but at the same time, I dont have much of a problem with the current way of showing morale.

9. I disagree, the order tool was much needed but give us the option to turn it off if a player doesnt want to see the lines.

10. I would like to see this implemented but would have to work on limiting the pistols

11. This was supposed to be in the game, I don't know where its at

12. Lets do it

13. Though it seems impractical, officers are not meant to go off alone or being the courier

14. much needed

15. no thanks on the stretcher, maybe a possible medic to heal soldiers who survive wounds

16. Thats realistic or you can turn it down

17. Much needed

Company Tool

we need a total wipe and revamp of the company tool
    Texas Poppin B
    My Youtube:https://www.youtube.com/c/SarisTX

CSA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Saris View Post
    15. no thanks on the stretcher, maybe a possible medic to heal soldiers who survive wounds
    I definitely disagree with your idea of "medic" class, we really dont want to see another battlefield 1 with muskets, if the there should be implemented medic role, it should be the historical way. To simply put it, there was no medic. Stretcher bearer was a thing, it was about carrying the wounded to the "field hospital" where the medic or better "doctor" was. It was not about miraculously curing soldiers with bandage and injection.

CSA Captain

1. Agree - The animations look far too 'stiff'.

2. Agree - Not everyone can scream into a mic, especially late at night.

3. Hardly high on the list.

4. The sounds are fine.

5. Just no.

6. No it isn't.

7. Noooooooooooo

8. Please never do this.

9. Last thing we need is a ton of officers with pistols running around.

10. Over complicated.

11. Yes, the blood effects are way over done.

12. Agree.

13. This is already on their to do list.

14. A huge and resunding no.

15. No it is not.

16. A griefers wet dream. 100% no.
    ''I'm here to play an American Civil War era combat game, not Call of Duty with muskets.''.

CSA Major

1. Who wouldn't want this, more realism the better. But I would hazard a guess that the development budget, CFG team availabilty and development roadmap timeframe restrictions would probably need to be revised before this has any serious work done in such a way as the animations are WoR worthy.

2. So dangerous. I the right hands, sure. When the time was worthy of it and that is based on an individuals opinion only. But in the wrong hands an audio nightmare. You could make it an option for Admin to activate during specific times, but even that is open to abuse.

3. Be a nice to have, nice suggestion. Not a major request but if it makes people happier why not.

4. Again if it adds to the realism element then great. Possibly one for the distant future if the budget is there. I'd take point one over point four if there was a priority.

5. There will be changes made to the melee system, so will wait to see if this requires changing after that.

6. I like the use of the word 'somehow'.

7. Don't have too much of a problem with this suggestion. If the morale system is going to persist, at least in the Skirmish mode of WoR, then it would be nice to see. No one can see the whole battlefield and there is no visable indicator that soldiers morale is deteriorating. Most players know if they and their team/opposition are getting killed a lot, but to judge the morale of the two opposing sides on the entire battlefield is currently hard. The displayed phases are the only indicators and they cannot be self managed by either side to prevent sharp declines.

8. I don't have much of an opinion either way for this suggestion. Most of the CO's have Mic's... usually, infact Most of the NCO's and Privates have Mic's usually and can all follow or relay orders. Whether they are orders worthy of following is down to personal opinion but hey...

9. There are already too many people telling others what they need to be doing that it really doesn't make a difference whether they have officer classes or not some of the time, but for those who thrive on immersion and role play with a need to reflect the chain of command for the period, sure - why not. So long as the gameplay doesn't suffer and the capacity to implement the change is there.

10. I think this would tie in a lot with the first suggestion on the list. It would mean a lot of work and technical changes. I would however love to see this and implemented in such a way that makes more sence than it currently does. It is a bit challenging to the stress levels when you are running after a soldier who has been clubbed or stabbed at the same pace with no reflection of injury other than their avatar to get "red paint on it" and the gamers screen to go hazy. I'll be honest, I have benefitted from this a lot but its still a little strange.

11. Guess this point ties in with the above point.

12. Yep, your officer is doing to much on his own. There are other soldiers more than capable of relaying verbal orders. Can't really request more realism and then in game run fifty yards (or what ever reflected distance you needed at the time of drumming up this suggestion) away from your company for a quick chinwag with the other Companies CO to discuss tactics. The officer doesn't time out in the Spawn area so initial tactics can always be discussed. I doubt the officers during the actual events in the Civil War found it that practical either. Game play or realism?

13. Agreed with the other folks, this is going to be looked at. Might be worth suggesting specifically what you want to be seen from further melee development istead of 'more'. I'd like a cowering/dying animation where my avatar has immediately soiled himself after realising the clever CO has led a "heroic" charge against a fifty strong entrenched company and there are at least five bayonets sticking into me and someone has just shot me in the face for good measure. I'd sign up to see that.

14. Ties in with the other suggestions above I guess. But to actually implement this would be tricky. Do you control a wounded soldier limping at a snails pace towards the spawn area? Some that have not invested in their said avatar would hit F9 and get on with trying to kill more of the opposition, others that had may want to use this option I suppose. If you are wounded, then you are wounded and this would have to reflect this. I'd want to see at least two other soldiers working to help either side (an animation of assistance) of the wounded soldier to speed the transition to the spawn area for this to possibly help if the suggestion were to taken on. No medics or stretcherbarers during American Civil War battlefields for me, even if there is evidence of it taking place. It's a skirmish after all, maybe in another game mode but not a skirmish. Again though, any additional work will surely be down to CFG resource.

15. I actually like the smoke. It's not there for too long and if it ties in with a representation of what it was actually like, good. If not correct it please.

16. This has potential depending on how it is implemented. I would like to see this achievable only if the flag is laying on the ground without any protection in a radius of say 50 yards. That would mean that any protection for the flag has diappeared and the opposition did well to create this situation and should be rewarded. It may even change strategies. But if random players ran up and killed the flag standing in the middle of a group of soldiers and ran off with it then this is not bravery, it's ludicrous and virtual "multiple respawn" syndrome.

As for the Company tool I've fallen out of touch with this since it's first implementation and my previous company disintergrated. If it's in keeping with the time period go for it so long as it dosen't become a pistol frenzy.
    Pvt. Kenah

For Southern Secession

CSA Captain

Added two more suggestions, 17 and 18.