Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ammunition Resupply

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mogyoro15 View Post
    Perhaps an option where if you stand within spawn, you get an option to refill ammo on your screen? I’m sure that can’t be hard to put in place. When people run out of ammo they just walk back to spawn, wait for the option to come up on their screen, press the key to refill ammo and then they are good to go. No animation would even be necessary
    I like that idea.
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

–üwagon trains; general supplies...

but it should be only for the defending side, and when it comes to the confederacy, dependent upon the historical conditions of the battle, same for Union too I guess...

Attention to detail, and good-direction– always pay-off in the Final Product...

That would be nice— yes, and maybe something where an officer can "order" a crate of supplies be brought up to his position for his regiment? Similar-to-how— how vehicles are claimed, in games like squad, except make it so that as long as an officer "approves" an NCO's "request", for ammo— a private or an NCO can go back to the spawn and "retrieve" the "supplies", and then 'ferry-them'— back-to-the-regiment, for-use/interaction.

–hahA...

USA Captain

I am in favor of a simple, return to spawn and get 40 more rounds by reloading or pressing a particular button.
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

As am I ^
    2nd Lt. Szalai Mihaly, 1st New Jersey, Company A

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    I would like to be able to see how many cartridges I have left. An animation of looking into the cartridge box would be nice.
    If I recall, there was official mention of being able to roughly tally how many cartridges are left in one's box.

CSA Major

I would like to be able to see how many cartridges I have left. An animation of looking into the cartridge box would be nice.
    If caissons for the artillery are getting an interactive feature, then maybe it'd be possible to use some of those technical features for infantry ammunition stores (apparel or boxed), but I've yet to see artillery so I could be way off.

I would really appreciate the starting ammunition amount being shown with the weapon selection options. Then there are no questions asked. Presumably soldiers checked and counted how many they were given apon issue in the civil war.
    Pvt. Kenah

For Southern Secession

CSA Major

The capacity of most cartridge boxes was forty cartridges, so this (and sometimes more) was generally issued the night before a planned attack. Pretty much every history I have read of the Battle of Sharpsburg comments on the prevalence of soldiers (even Chaplains) "scrambling among the dead and wounded looking for cartridges." Rather than having ammunition resupply from wagons back at spawn, I think the focus should be on making it possible to recover cartridges and rifles from the field.
    Yep, I think given the close proximity of the enemy and little margin for movement in a small skirmish area I'd be inclined to scramble for the nearest available ammunition as well. It makes sense.

I'd like to see as much immersion and realism in the WoRs game as possible. My earlier suggestion was in addition to this and a possible quicker implementation for the CFG folk, but I'd hope to see as many options as possible provided.

In the current skirmish gamemode, quick ammunition pickups are better for gameplay and have a much better fit. When the "Historical Battles" mode is released it could result in different approaches to how gamers play WoRs, and resupply could be needed at a larger scale so ammunition creates may come into their own at that point.

If I'm honest, I don't tend to stay alive too often to run out of ammo anyway.
    Pvt. Kenah

For Southern Secession