Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Ammunition Resupply

CSA Captain

For it to be implemented might be a chore, but immersion-wise this would be grand. Having to send a small formation off to get extra ammo is always a nice dramatic touch, in my opinion.
    Passion prevails!

USA Major

I'm just going to check in and see if any of the devs want to address this issue. I'm so tired of having to F9 die I can't tell you how much this is ruining my immersion in this game. Week after week my guys fight hard and fight well and have to be penalized along with our team because we can't put a basic thing like resupplying ammo into this game. Can a dev please address this here?

Quote Originally Posted by Shiloh View Post
    I'm just going to check in and see if any of the devs want to address this issue. I'm so tired of having to F9 die I can't tell you how much this is ruining my immersion in this game. Week after week my guys fight hard and fight well and have to be penalized along with our team because we can't put a basic thing like resupplying ammo into this game. Can a dev please address this here?
    Thank you for the feedback.

It’s not a priority at the minute but something we’ll consider for the future. I would suggest you to conserve your ammo if you happen to run out often and having to respawn annoys you - it’s not a proper fix but at least it’s something. I have seen regiments output huge amounts of fire throughout matches and as ammunition is not unlimited it is for the officers/people in charge to make sure that it’s not all burnt through.

We’re hesitant to implement an ammo pick up feature as we don’t want to encourage players running left right and center as individuals away from the line in order to pick up stuff as that is a possible direct counter to unit cohesion and a possible risk factor in terms of reducing the ability to listen to commands (more time away from the line, more stuff unheard, less easy to perform as a team).

- Trusty

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thank you for the feedback.

We’re hesitant to implement an ammo pick up feature as we don’t want to encourage players running left right and center as individuals away from the line in order to pick up stuff as that is a possible direct counter to unit cohesion and a possible risk factor in terms of reducing the ability to listen to commands (more time away from the line, more stuff unheard, less easy to perform as a team).

- Trusty
    Well, at least they would have a reason to leave the line and maybe they will join the line again since they were so long part of the unit until there ammo run out. I think the chances are pretty high that they will join again.

I cant see where this system would lead to more rambos as we have right now.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post
    One possible solution:

Place ammo boxes near spawn points on maps. (It would be the same "ammo box" object model that is already used in the Drill Camps).

Players who die can respawn, detour to the ammo box, grab extra ammo from the box by pressing "E," and then bring the extra ammo to their comrades at the front line. They can share the ammo by press "E" on a player. No need for any new animations, models, or sounds.

This should address the concerns about players breaking formations at the front line. Instead, they just wait for reinforcements to bring ammo.
    or consider this solution which sounds also great.

as an officer you would have to keep track of your ammo and could send one or two guys back to get resupply for the rest of the line. I like the idea.
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

CSA Major

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    Wouldn't most of the dropped ammunition be reliably found where the lines are, and not scattered wherever?
    Yes.
    I was under the impression that most folk who run out of ammunition, also tend to leave lines and groups to find a quick death.

Quote Originally Posted by O'Rourke View Post
    One possible solution:

Place ammo boxes near spawn points on maps. (It would be the same "ammo box" object model that is already used in the Drill Camps).

Players who die can respawn, detour to the ammo box, grab extra ammo from the box by pressing "E," and then bring the extra ammo to their comrades at the front line. They can share the ammo by press "E" on a player. No need for any new animations, models, or sounds.

This should address the concerns about players breaking formations at the front line. Instead, they just wait for reinforcements to bring ammo.
    Absolutely! I agree 100% that this would be a decent way of solving this issue. The "German Volunteers" suggested something along this line way back in a community post. I hope that something along this line is implemented soon as it would give some much-needed flexibility into lengthy long-range engagements which were quite frequent during the US Civil War.

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by The German Volunteers View Post

5) Resupply/Resource system: Implement a resource system other than the ticket system currently in place to enhance gameplay experience and make matches into more than just a simple shootout. For example, add a munitions system which would allow soldiers to collect ammunition from a Munitions Wagon in the rear and carry it to the frontline (e.g. resupply`s in games like Post Scriptum and Squad). This would aid especially the soldier equipped with Springfield 1842 Buck and Ball muskets to have a steady supply of ammunition as in a heated firefight one tends to burn through this ammunition rather quickly. If somehow feasible maybe implement a kind of stretcher bearer system which would allow stretcher bearers to carry wounded soldiers to a rearward drop off zone. A wounded soldier will still respawn, but the ticket loss will be reduced (if wounded in Formation the ticket is not lost, if wounded while skirmishing or out of line the ticket loss should be reduced after a successful recovery by the stretcher bearer). For clarity, we are NOT suggesting a medic class (as seen in the Battlefield Series) which would be running around magically reviving injured and maimed soldiers at will. This would be grossly against the realistic spirit of the game. What we are suggesting is a purely supportive role which would make the Moral/Ticket mechanic more interactive to an extent. By allowing wounded players to be “rescued” by a stretcher bearer we enable units to have a little bit more control over the moral loss of their faction, making the gameplay experience more interesting. A wounded soldier will still have to respawn (at either faction spawn or flag spawn) but the ticket loss will be reduced.

6) Ammunition: Enable the common Private/Rifleman to estimate how many cartridges he has left (e.g. by experience of weight maybe (e.g. “this feels like half a cartridge box”). This would interact nicely with the previously suggested ammunition resupply mechanic (which again, we are not suggesting a Battlefield style mechanic, but a soldier being tasked with returning to the rear to bring along extra ammunition in an Arsenal crate as per historical sources. Maybe allow looting corpses of fellow soldiers for some extra ammunition.

We have already expressed this idea on 08-29-2019
    and on top of that I would appreciate it if you could check the ammunition in the bag you carry for the remaining amount.

But I think it's great that this idea has been accepted.
    the looting of corpses I can understand why you don't want that.

But the most important thing is the function of the mechanics, so going to the box and getting ammunition.

With kind regards

H. Richter

CSA Lieutenant General

Quote Originally Posted by rbsmith7 View Post
    I don't believe one method of resupply is more historically correct than another. General Sturgis retired from Burnside's Bridge because his boys were tired and low on cartridges. General Greene ordered bayonets fixed in front of Dunker Church and waited for resupply. At Sunken Road, officers, including the Chaplain, of the Irish Brigade apparently scrounged ammunition from the dead and brought cartridges to the men in their hats.
    I think I'm much more interested in the fact that at the end we have a game where people come to play in big Historical fights together in companies / communities to gamble .

What you could add is that you can lie down and that you can crouch down and crawl slowly into cover for example.