Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Kills and Deaths

CSA Captain

But well, did you really read carefully through Eric Smith`s comments on twitter, Trusty? He has 30 years of developing on its back mate. Soo I mean.... he is right, right?!
    I can only say I am a follower of your game since the early beginnings and am playing it weekend after weekend for more than 2 years now and what I do like about your game is the team aspect of it. This is rarely to find somewhere else. So to me yes there are some gamebreakers still in there but the not-showing of kills is definately not a thing! And for the remaining obstacles I am still confident that devs will get it all right in a War of Rights way.

Cheers.

Quote Originally Posted by Poorlaggedman View Post
    I'd normally ignore yet another one of these but these kill count request effusions but they continue to be dignified with responses probably due to their pervasiveness among newcomers and growing allure among those with whom the novelty of the game is wearing off. Here's my problem with this.

There's more benefit than the immersion aspect to not having detailed stats like that. A player in a situation with a lack of hit feedback has a couple ways of looking at it. He can be frustrated at the lack of it or he can imagine in his own mind what effect he has during a round. In the latter case players tend to exaggerate the estimates of their own damage inflicted, which is a good thing if you want players to enjoy the game. Stats are still stats if you put them at the end of the round.

As to the organization-wide stats, I'm not really sure what this is that you speak of. 'Regiments' in-game are frequently intermixed, even within clans on the same team operating together. A player can easily forget which unit he's in or just not care or just select which of the two self-appointed officers seems like less of an idiot to follow around. Very seldom is an officer who chases away members of the other regiment and even rarer is the member who obeys such a request. So all you'd be getting is a very generic list of kills and deaths broken down between people who happen to have picked the same regiment and did whatever they did wherever they did after.

It seems a little cockamany to want to put extra stock into something that is only meaningful sometimes all for what? So 'regiments' can compete within a team? One would hope that common sense organizational tools would arrive in the gameplay at some point which might make that make a little more sense to consider even if it is hit/miss for player enjoyment.

I replied to this earlier, but it was early in the morning and I missed the main point here: in an organized event, we include company tags in our names. In the game.log file, we could pull kills and deaths out based on those tags. That worked out really well.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by TrustyJam View Post
    Thank you all for your feedback.

The thing is that apps were being developed streamlining this “effort of harvesting” the numbers, giving you a complete K/D scoreboard as well as a hit notification sound (which, if not borderline cheating, then at the very least creating/using an app in order to circumvent core mechanics of the game in order to gain an advantage that regular users who are not using the app won’t have). This prompted us to actively remove the logs (they would have been removed at a later date if matters were less pressing at any rate).

You can read our replies to the creator of the app at: https://twitter.com/zerkywerky/statu...834161152?s=21 for more details.

With the above being said - we’re not opposed to be looking at introducing more team-centric stats at some point in the development of the game so please keep your suggestions coming, Thank you.

- Trusty
    Thank you for replying! I know how hard you all are working on this and I would hate to come across as a bitter demanding grouch, so I appreciate your reply.
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

Quote Originally Posted by Jagdmann View Post
    But well, did you really read carefully through Eric Smith`s comments on twitter, Trusty? He has 30 years of developing on its back mate. Soo I mean.... he is right, right?!
    Cheers.
    xD

"Boycott WoR", "blatant attack on all fans of WoR"... and of course the assumption that his app was "improving the game".

This guy is hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Bravo View Post
    xD

"Boycott WoR", "blatant attack on all fans of WoR"... and of course the assumption that his app was "improving the game".

This guy is hilarious.
    That kind of stupid shit says to me he's not to be taken seriously at all.

I think a kill count AFTER the match is over would be cool but not during the match

Thanks to those who agree! I might have said it previously, but for those who are in the community trying to keep guys motivated in organized units, it SURE BE NICE to be able to award medals and what-not based on stats!!

USA Captain

"It's just a bloody piece of tin...."
    Descendant of David Jewell - 1st Maine Heavy Artillery, Philo Johnson - 11th Vermont/1st VTHA

I agree, don't add kill or death ratio. The people who ask for it are rookies, not professionals.

USA Major

At the end of the day this isn't COD or any other shooter in that category, the game is OK as it is and I don't need to know how many kill or deaths I got. Just want to know if we won or not.
    1st Lt. James Wesley, Commander Company A, 88th New York