Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Do something with the Company Tool

USA General of the Army

Do something with the Company Tool

Could we either get the whole thing purged back to square one to rid it of all the wasted space in there or could it get a much needed update and be made into something useful? Right now, it's kind of pointless and a waste of space.

USA General of the Army

In Maryland State Near to both Antietam and Gettysburg, Harper's Ferry et al.
    Right now, I think there are more important things that need programming attention than this.

This I think is at practically the extreme bottom of the "Priorities List"

CSA Major

Released to much fanfare and anticipation, ultimately neglected for squatting rights and little else.
    If it isn't going to be utilised in the near-future, or attended to, I think it's probably best hidden away for the time being.

At this point, we've stopped telling our recruits to go join the company even, as long as we have enough people on there to lock up the company, its just there for show in case they do something with it in the future.
    We mostly work around discord, much like most of the regiments here do.

USA Brigadier General

why not promote some "moderators" from the community or give the task to the forum moderators to clean the CT?
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Hello.

As we are currently busy with other things and have been for a very long time, there is unfortunately often very little time to work on the Company Tool. I do have few ideas though that wouldnt take too long to implement and would also prevent doing a full wipe on the Company Tool which we really dont want to do.

We could make it so that if a person hasnt logged in to the Company Tool for 3 months or some period. The person will then automatically leave the company. If this happens enough, this company will eventually drop below 5 members, making the company available for others to claim.

If the company owner hasnt logged in to the Company Tool for 1 month or something like that, then the company gets disbanded entirely.

We would of course send out a couple of emails to people who are in danger of automatically leaving their company due to inactivity.

If we decide to do this, for people who havent logged in for years, they would probably also have a 2-4 week period after this gets rolled out, to log in to the Company Tool and save their company.

USA Brigadier General

Which technology do you use for the CT? JavaScript?
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    Which technology do you use for the CT? JavaScript?
    On the Company Tool, Javascript is pretty much only used for those spinning soldiers when a page is loading. But its a combination of .NET, C# HTML, CSS and Javascript.

USA Brigadier General

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    On the Company Tool, Javascript is pretty much only used for those spinning soldiers when a page is loading. But its a combination of .NET, C# HTML, CSS and Javascript.
    interesting.

If everything goes well, i am done with my current project at work in march and maybe I could find some time to take a look at it, if you guys need some help. (Better if you guys keep focused on the game :P )

USA General of the Army

Your suggestion with the log in period Fancy is a step in the right direction in helping clear it up.