Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Do something with the Company Tool

USA Brigadier General

shouldnt i get a confirmation after login ?
    http://www.warofrightsforum.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=522&dateline=14500460  02

Quote Originally Posted by Maximus Decimus Meridius View Post
    shouldnt i get a confirmation after login ?
    I didnt want to add too much special case handling both in the code and in the database just for the initial roll out, though you could argue that the launch of this is important . Each company has gotten a couple of new values in the database, indicating the last time one of its staff logged in as well as a value indicating how many times they have been notified of inactivity. Normally the times a company has been notified of inactivity is 0 and then when it sends out the 30 day, 5 day 1 day disbandment notification, the times notified increases +1. It only actually sends out an email that their company was saved, when the times notified is at least 1 or higher. At the launch however I wanted to notify players from the very start, giving them 60 days to login, instead of having the Company Tool wait for 30 days and then send out an email that they had 30 days to login. To do this, I just set the timesnotified value to -1 and had a bit of code handle that special case.

I guess it could have been made slightly differently to make it a bit more user friendly. But it was also only really tested by myself alone and I wanted to get it out the door sooner rather than later

If you should ever get an email saying you have 30 days to login. You will get an email notification saying that somebody logged in and saved your company and who it was.

Just a heads-up in regards tae the Usage of the Company Tool Page. The 4th New Jersey has always used and still utilises the Company Tool tae its utmost extent. We use Discord for Communications but we indeed regard the Company Tool as useful. Improvements would of course be welcomed, for example mirroring the ranks available in the Game.

Dan Hagman
    Captain, Commanding
    4th New Jersey

USA Brigadier General

Hey Fancy, I don't remember if it was you or Trusty but I first want to thank you for adding Company Quartermaster as a role. I am also releived to hear that something is being done with inactive companies.

If I may I would also like to offer another addition, the Rank of Volunteer on the Company Tool. It would be a convenience for companies who use this term, especially to distinguish certain types of enlisted which is what my companies does. I believe this term was also used historically when publishing records of officers and men in state or independent militias. While I think this might take a bit more time then adding a role, I do not think it requires an image of the rank, similar to the rank of Recruit. Not the most vital task in managing the Company Tool but I hope this is considered.

I can't wait to see more information about the Company Tool in the future.