Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Do something with the Company Tool

I’m still a little confused as to what it’s purpose is for the game?

Group communication? Stats? Meetings? FYI? Does it port info from game to CT?
    Better organization in Regiment?

I’m new, and only found out about it because of this thread. I then had to search it out and watch a trainer video.
    I’m still not 100% clear on what it’s purpose is.

Quote Originally Posted by von-Winkler View Post
    It is nice to see that the Company Tool is being expanded. My only concern with the feature presented here is that the Company Tool with its limited possibilities does not give enough reason to log in frequently, which leads to the dissolution of the company (despite the information e-mail). The way the mechanics are presented here, it would only be an annoying detail and a constant threat to the existence of units, even for the active ones.
    This is of course possible. But with it being so that it only takes 1 person of the staff to sign in every 2 months, I dont think its really too bad. Its also worth mentioning that when you log in on the company tool, if you tick the "Remember Me" checkbox. You will automatically get signed in to the Company Tool whenever you visit any page on the website, field reports, media whatever. Currently visiting the forum doesnt count. Though the Company Tool can in theory access any data it wants on the forum. So I could also look into having the automatic disbandment delay itself by another 2 months when a staff member signs in to the forum. You would then need to either link your forum account to your account on the Company Tool, similarly to how you got your forum badge from the crowdfunding campaign. Or I could simply just compare emails on the Company Tool with the email on the forum and count on most people using the same email for both places.

Quote Originally Posted by Vishnu View Post
    I’m still a little confused as to what it’s purpose is for the game?

Group communication? Stats? Meetings? FYI? Does it port info from game to CT?
    Better organization in Regiment?

I’m new, and only found out about it because of this thread. I then had to search it out and watch a trainer video.
    I’m still not 100% clear on what it’s purpose is.
    The Company Tool is a place where groups/clans/companies can "officially" claim their regiment and company title inside the game. It also allows you to set up a pretty clear view of the structure and leadership in your group/clan/company. It can also send out mass emails to either the company staff, or the entire company, notifying them that the training on Friday has been moved to Saturday or whatever might be needed. At the moment we dont have any direct connection between the game and the Company Tool, but in one of my earlier posts in this thread, I talked about our future plans of connecting the two. It would allow players to have a special tag above their head when pressing T, stating which company they are in. While this is very far into the future, some of the future ideas for it also include some sort of automatic company vs company or companies vs companies of the two sides matchmaking, possibly even fighting over territory on a map the USA as well as the gathering of various ingame stats.

CSA Captain

Fair enought. If the Company Tool is linked to the game as a database, would there be a way to control the disbanding timer via the activities in the game or is this approach too complicated? I think this would be the easiest and fairest way to separate active companies from inactive ones.
    Captain Walter, Leopold, Lothar von-Winkler

Quote Originally Posted by von-Winkler View Post
    Fair enought. If the Company Tool is linked to the game as a database, would there be a way to control the disbanding timer via the activities in the game or is this approach too complicated? I think this would be the easiest and fairest way to separate active companies from inactive ones.
    When we get the new database system and get a connection between the game and the company tool, playing the game would definately also count as being active, in terms of disbanding companies.

CSA Captain

Awesome. +1
    Captain Walter, Leopold, Lothar von-Winkler

USA General of the Army

I don’t want to be called the 13th though

The changes to the Company Tool has now been pushed live. While I dont expect any of you here to be at risk of currently loosing your company. The website is now in the process of sending about 3500 notification emails out to the players.

I also managed to add the feature where if you sign in to the forum, you are also good and you will receive an email telling you so, if your company had entered the inactive state (inactive for 30 days) before the forum sign in. It does however require your email on the forum to be the same as the one you use on the Company Tool.

And do of course please let me know if you should experience any strange behavior with the website / company tool or if the emails you receive contain weird information.

CSA Major General

Quote Originally Posted by Fancy Sweetroll View Post
    I also managed to add the feature where if you sign in to the forum, you are also good and you will receive an email telling you so, if your company had entered the inactive state (inactive for 30 days) before the forum sign in. It does however require your email on the forum to be the same as the one you use on the Company Tool
    @ Fancy : I read the forum on a regular basis, I did still get an email (see below - edited) and I my forum e-mail and CT email are the same ? (I checked : forum https://www.warofrightsforum.com/profile.php?do=editpassword and CT https://warofrights.com/CT_Login#companyToolHeader )

As none of the staff of your company has signed in to the Company Tool recently, you are hereby informed that your company ***** is being considered inactive and will be disbanded in 60days. All that is required from you is to sign in to the Company Tool to show your company is still active: www.warofrights.com/CT Alternatively you can also sign in to the forum if the email you are using is the same as the one you use for the Company Tool: www.warofrightsforum.com
    Last edited by Redleader; 02-23-2020 at 11:54 AM.
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

USA General of the Army

Reading the forums va logging into the company took are very different

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    @ Fancy : I read the forum on a regular basis, I did still get an email (see below - edited) and I my forum e-mail and CT email are the same ? (I checked : forum https://www.warofrightsforum.com/profile.php?do=editpassword and CT https://warofrights.com/CT_Login#companyToolHeader )

As none of the staff of your company has signed in to the Company Tool recently, you are hereby informed that your company ***** is being considered inactive and will be disbanded in 60days. All that is required from you is to sign in to the Company Tool to show your company is still active: www.warofrights.com/CT Alternatively you can also sign in to the forum if the email you are using is the same as the one you use for the Company Tool: www.warofrightsforum.com
    Yeah that was a minor bug I didnt foresee. Nothing serious though. I did make it so that if you had actually logged in to the Company Tool recently, then you would not receive this email. The code that prevented it from sending these emails in case somebody had already logged in on the Company Tool, didnt account for people who had logged in on the forum. Your company however is just as safe as those companies whose staff had actually logged in on the Company Tool recently.

Quote Originally Posted by Bravescot View Post
    Reading the forums va logging into the company took are very different
    We dont really want to force people to unnecessarily promote and demote players in the company tool just to ensure their company wont get deleted. The main purpose of this is just to make sure that the leadership of a company is still interested in the game without making it too annoyingly difficult for them to confirm their ongoing interest.