Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: A server should show a message when somebody is kicked.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Drax View Post
    You don't get banned for one team kill... It's a certain undisclosed amount of team DAMAGE within a set amount of time, and it warns you when you are getting close. Going after the devs for in-game mechanics that you aren't grasping isnt the right approach.

That being said I agree with Saris that when able they should have it post a message when someone is kicked so ppl who crash don't think they have been kicked.
    Sadly, I agree with Drax on the method of your approach.

Quote Originally Posted by ProHonky View Post

It is incredibly disappointing that TrustyJam has been dragging his feet for FOUR MONTHS with this feature; it needs to be implemented IMMEDIATELY. Getting banned for six hours on your first or second hour playing the game absolutely sucks; if me and my other two friends that bought the game keep getting auto-banned because of a single accidental teamkill we will all refund the game because it isn't worth this much trouble to figure out how to play.

This is certainly a needed feature, if you perhaps did a little light reading, you would see ALL development fixes/patches/etc. are going to be coming AFTER artillery is released. This is due to them working from a new *better* development build of the game.

No sense to add a feature in existing code when it gets re-written with Artillery.

I did not receive a warning before being kicked last night. I only teamkilled one guy, apologized immediately in chat and was kicked about 5-10 minutes later while respawning.

I did not receive a warning before being kicked last night. I only teamkilled one guy, apologized immediately in chat and was kicked about 5-10 minutes later while respawning.
    That is not the auto ban feature then.

If anything you were kicked by an admin of whatever community server you were playing on but I'd suspect you just had a disconnect.

- Trusty

But that is the issue, how would a player ever know if he was banned or kicked if the server does not display a message?

USA Captain

But that is the issue, how would a player ever know if he was banned or kicked if the server does not display a message?
    That is what this whole thread is about to get a request to add the feature. We want it, the devs want it, but they have to push out their artillery development branch first before they can add this feature in.

Agreed. Would be incredibly helpful.

USA Captain

Thread bump.

Arty is out, no more excuses and delays...

CSA Major General

Would be very very usefull ... Or server logs we van Read through ?
    I write for my personal account and from personal experience, unless stated otherwise.

USA Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Redleader View Post
    Would be very very usefull ... Or server logs we van Read through ?
    Another fine suggestion!